Hesitant to post but how about homes in general

• Thread starter BillyJackHaynes
  • Start date

DeletedUser

How about houses to live in for each player start off with like a sleeping bag or something and have to work way up through cash in the game from jobs once you own a town and such upgrade from low home to high home which in every upgrade with money increase the home would give better attributes such as defense when offline say the higher the home the higher defense or the higher the home the more energy you gain while being idle per say a worker needs a home for a single player anyway much like a hotel however its sole purpose is so the player can have their own and not have to travel from time to time

DeletedUser1105

Would this be for people who didn't want to join a town? I like it in that context. It could be something you build, but on your own, for players who like to be loners.

I think the benefits need looking at. Defense when offline is unfair to members of towns who don't have that protection. And the more energy when idle is also unfair. I think you should be able to sleep in it (maybe be able to upgrade it like the hotel to better levels i.e. floor, hay, mattress, four poster bed etc.).

And I don't think sleeping bag is the right way, you should just build a home and start from there.

People with home's should be able to be duelled though, unless they are sleeping of course.

P.S. Don't be hesitant to post ideas. Just because one was disliked, doesn't mean we won't take your next one seriously. We need people to keep coming up with ideas. We all come up with ideas, a lot bad, some good and a few great.

DeletedUser

I like it if it's for those loners, and yes, people with homes ought to be duel-able.

DeletedUser

There was a similar idea to this 'hideouts' a while back but that was for bands of outlaws. This is a new idea and is worth pursuing.

DeletedUser

Well sure anyone can have a home people with towns and loners maybe the defense isnt right for people offline however I do like the feedback about building yourself and starting from scratch does make a lot of sense

DeletedUser

You could even add a job around the home you built :)

Perhaps specialize it towards your needs, ie with "upgrade buildings" and paths to be chosen. Meh, just a consideration, but it might be complicating things too much.

DeletedUser

Never know it could work perhaps damage could be done to a home and needs to be repaired before full benfits from the lodging is given besides those outlaws or duelists attacking a person at home is bound to do a bit of damage lol

DeletedUser1105

That could work.

I don't think people in towns should be able to have a house as well. It would over complicate things and make it harder for duellers to pin someone down.

DeletedUser

well no houses for towns they have their own protection maybe

DeletedUser618

Instead of all the "build town" sites, some could be build "homestead". These sites could have multiple people but not be united as a cooperative town. They just control their own home and have no interaction with others camped on site. I am not in favor of them being duel-able, but there should be some risk associated with it; a natural disaster, flood, fire, or outlaws.

DeletedUser

But there should be an option to build your own house in the the town under the residences building. It would make it more interesting and thus give the workers some extra job. Ordinary players could hire workers to build it for them. I haven't thought about the bonuses it could give.

DeletedUser

How does this really differ from one person just taking over a ghost town building the hotel and not recruiting?

DeletedUser1105

How does this really differ from one person just taking over a ghost town building the hotel and not recruiting?

Good point, actually. Maybe the single-person home would be esier to build? But then again, getting level 1 hotel is not difficult.

DeletedUser

this is something that could be expanded upon, but town peoples homes are the town. its kinda the whole point of a town. now if you wanted to be left alone a homestead would be a great benefit, but we could make several optional types of homesteads with this idea. i wouldnt do all of them, just pick the one that makes the best sense with the current game.

option a)
option to either build a town or a homestead on any found town spot. same price to start. homestead has option of upgrading to give added benefits like a hotel. maybe a few other things to be discussed later when im not at work.

option b) give towns the ability to create homestead markers, where people would "purchase" homestead from them, town gets 1-3% of all money earned, and they pay 2x the price instead of 4x for items.

gotta go.

DeletedUser

cheaper to upgrade, people cant sleep there unless you upgrade to have a "barn" which gives 50-60 energy for a small amount of money, like 5 bucks or something, and the owner of the home gets half that maybe? maybe the owner can choose 1 of the 4 main town upgrades (tailor, gunsmith, general store, mortician) and build it to level 1 (kinda like his profession). so then homestead people could duel still, OR get some cheap items for cheap. personally i think towns are the way to go, but it gives options u know?