Players looking for town ..Town looking for players

DeletedUser

This would be a voluntary system for both the towns and players..

Mayors could switch their town via the town hall Either Closed, open or waiting list

Players could switch themselves either Looking or not looking from their profile...I choose looking or not looking ... because there are times even when your in a town that your unhappy with its Growth... very slow.. your mayors a jerk etc

On the player ranking screen There would be new option(S) to search for players Looking for a new town.. and when your just viewing the list without searching there will be an icon next to their name with their status

On the town ranking screen there would be new options for players to search for towns that are open or have a waiting list... and even when your not directly searching for a town just viewing the list you will see an icon next to the town with it's status.

(the more I read below the more I dont think this small part is a good idea except for the status flag next to the town name but I'm going to leave it in the post)
On the mini map when you mouse over a town you get their name with this system in place you would also get their status icon as well and if you click on the town.. near the top of the town screen you will get their status flag.. Clicking their status flag will open a telegram window with the name of the towns mayor in it(yes I relise there are towns that councilors are the recruiter or more then one mayor the only other way I can see to get around this is to send to all mayor/councilors(or a much more elaborate system where you designate a recruiter)) .. And the subject prefilled in as well "New town applicant"

Now this seems a little complicated to explain but very simple to DO.. it's one click (maybe two depends how they implement it) and then your status is updated

It would alleviate the bickering and cross posting from the towns(worlds) forum because everyone would be able to search in the game for towns with openings and players with a desire to join..

With basic concept ideas from Imaloser

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Interesting idea. Those already in a town would need protection though, so thier own mayor doesn't see them on the list and boot them.

I like it. The link to telegram aspect would work for town councillors on the player list too I imagine.

However, I do see one problem. I don't want to get massive amounts of telegrams from loads of small towns inviting me because they saw I was looking for one.

It was bad enough when I posted in the town recruitment forum. Even though I stated I needed certain levels 1 man towns with nothing still invited me. This would make that worse I think.

DeletedUser

I like it. The link to telegram aspect would work for town councillors on the player list too I imagine.

Well I never invite people without bringing up their (at minimum) profile and there is already an invite and telelgram option there.. so I do not think any change there is necessary

DeletedUser

I really like it. good idea and with some thought I bet the problems with it can be worked out.

DeletedUser1105

I think a filter of some sort then, whereby a player (or a town), can specify the requirements to join and only people who fit those requirements can see your 'advert'.

Might be a lot of work though.

DeletedUser

Good solution. maybe but it's worth it, would help out a lot.

DeletedUser2708

Well I never invite people without bringing up their (at minimum) profile and there is already an invite and telelgram option there.. so I do not think any change there is necessary

Yes, but that's YOU, and YOU can be responsible. I think sdjx22's concern is getting spammed by noobs and irresponsible people. At least in the real world, we can have a spam filter.... ;)

DeletedUser

In world 2 I don't want to join a town and I'm getting spammed with invites .
Your proposal would stop that . However it would make bulk mailings far easier for recruiters .

DeletedUser

In world 2 I don't want to join a town and I'm getting spammed with invites .
Your proposal would stop that . However it would make bulk mailings far easier for recruiters .

That reminds me I need to invite you again :) LOL

DeletedUser

That's what sdjx22 proposed to do.

I think a filter of some sort then, whereby a player (or a town), can specify the requirements to join and only people who fit those requirements can see your 'advert'.

DeletedUser5046

or maybe a limited space for invitation... atleast five invitations per character...

DeletedUser

why not make if far more simple?

make it so that you are able to see what towns have a spot open on the mini map.

all full towns whould be red(normal)
and towns whit free spots chould be green.

and you whould be able to turn it off and on like you do in your skill menu whit bonuses from items.

i dont like that towns should have it easyer to recrute, then you just get mass mails from all towns. (i really hated that in TW)

but this will make it easy for people whit no town or people that want to change town to find towns whit spots open.

i think it will be far more simple to implement for the devs. and whont take up to much space on there servers.

DeletedUser5046

or better lists of towns and players on a bulletin board on town hall

DeletedUser

make it so that you are able to see what towns have a spot open on the mini map.

all full towns whould be red(normal)
and towns whit free spots chould be green.

Not all towns that have room are actually recruiting so sometimes it's not going to help, if it goes both ways with a filter it would work better in my opinion, everybody get what they want :)

DeletedUser

then make it so the founder can go to town hall and mark hes town as allways full.
(he will be red all the time)

DeletedUser

There are much more towns that look for members then players looking for towns. this way if a player marked himself as "looking for a town" founders would know who to ask instead of harassing players who don't want to be in a town and with the filter suggested the players will get invites only from towns who might interest them.

DeletedUser

yes i know that. i have my own town in W1 and W4.

i like your idea but i dont see it your way working. its like the recrute forum all over again just ingame. alot of towns post but almost no players.

your idea whould get towns to haras people more then they allready are.
sins even small towns whould be able to contact big players.

if im a lvl 30+ player i dont want to join a 1000/2000 point town.
and the list you are talking about, if it is to be made or are the same as ranking list then most sane people whould start from the top and go down. not the other way around.
so all the high lvl players that we all know will find a town at some point will get lots of invites but all low lvls whould not get any. so on that point it dont really help.
you also say that there is more towns looking for players then the other way around. and ofc there is. towns is allways looking for new member even towns whit 50 members are so they can rotate.
what town whould not whant more members?
so we dont really need it to work for towns.

but my idea is far more simple you only add an exstra color to the mini map so you can see what towns have free space in your area.

very simple to add and it also works for the little guy not only the big ones.

DeletedUser5046

...and since only the colors are seen...no one knows how much points other town have except when they click those towns and start "canvassing for a better town"