Town counciler

DeletedUser

Hey!
Can somebody tell me what jurisdiction does the town councilor recieve when he is appointed town councilor? Sorry for grammar mistakes by the way

DeletedUser

Actually for a long time now, I have wondered about the difference between Town Founder and Councilor. We have even experimented in town, promoting and demoting each other. I didn't notice any differences in privvys?

Would appreciate knowing the differences.

DeletedUser3741

White hat cant do ban/demote black hats, or rename town

I couldnt find any other difference

DeletedUser

Rather simplistic atm I guess.

Perhaps white hat also can't create town forum? That is also a difference between baron and Duke over at TW.

I have another question actually....

If the town founder leaves the town and rejoins back 1 day later, does he automatically come back as founder? Or another founder has to promote him?

DeletedUser

I haven't actually tried to do it. But I am a counciler (white hat) and I have those options available to me. It shows the option to dismiss or degrade to citizen. Even on the other councilers, but not the founder.

I can type in the change town name box. Of course I didn't hit ok because that would just be wrong. lol.

I have full control over the town forum as well.

Good question about the founder leaving. But what if there is only 1 founder and he/she leaves. Are the rest of us out of luck? Do we vote who will now be the founder?

DeletedUser

in such a situation, beeing the town founder will be the counciler's occupation

DeletedUser

Yes while the founder cant log in, Counciler gets to have all the fun..=D

DeletedUser

Hey!
Can somebody tell me what jurisdiction does the town councilor recieve when he is appointed town councilor? Sorry for grammar mistakes by the way

transparent.png
transparent.png
Town Founder's Privileges:

• Rename the Town
  • Invite Players
  • Create Threads in the Forum
  • See the Hidden Forum
  • Appoint Members to Town Founder
  • Dismiss Member/s
Councilor's Privileges:
  • Invite Players
  • See the Hidden Forum
  • Appoint Members to Town Councilor
  • Dismiss Members
To answer Poison's question:

The ***NEW*** Town Founder needed to appoint him back to be a Town Founder again.

DeletedUser

right im a bit confused on the rank system
wt does it go (bottom 2 top)
citizen
counciler
founder
??
or is there more ranks
plz reply
jabog12

DeletedUser

transparent.png
transparent.png

• Rename the Town
  • Invite Players
  • Create Threads in the Forum
  • See the Hidden Forum
  • Appoint Members to Town Founder
  • Dismiss Member/s
Councilor's Privileges:
  • Invite Players
  • See the Hidden Forum
  • Appoint Members to Town Councilor
  • Dismiss Members
To answer Poison's question:

The ***NEW*** Town Founder needed to appoint him back to be a Town Founder again.

A councilor can change the town name and post in the new profile and flag areas. To do so look under the "Management" banner in the Town Hall

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

not like the fun "where you kick all the citizens in your town"
thats an old sport,we've seen it happen,and the good thing in my town in world 4 we dont have this,but we will be sure this wont happen again

Diggo11

To correct Dark Assasins list

Rename the Town
Upload a flag
Edit town profile
Invite Players
Create Sections in the Forum
Moderate the forums
See the Hidden Forum
Appoint Members up to Town Founder
Dismiss Members, Councillors and Founders

Councilor's Privileges:
Rename the Town
Upload a flag
Edit town profile
Invite Players
Moderate the forums
See the Hidden Forum
Appoint Members to Town Councilor
Dismiss Members and Councillors

Differences
Town Founders can create/delete Sections in the town forum
Councillors can't edit Town Founders privlidges or dismiss them
Councillors can't appoint citizens or other councillors to Founder.

DeletedUser

Our founder has left the town and I have been appointed town councillor as there is only 1 other councillor active and I've been unable to change the town name. I can type in the box, but when I hit 'ok' it says only the founder can change the name!

Are you absolutely sure that town councillors can change the name of the town?

DeletedUser

The town councilor really does not have many different privilege's.
I think of it in several ways, some of them I will say here.

I think of it as a way to identify an actual councilor. Like someone who gives advice about the game to town members and also can vote on diplomatic issues (if your town wishes to do that).

I think of it as an "heir" of the town founder. If the town founder were to resign, the councilor or "heir" as I am calling it here, would take up the founders position.

I think of it as a way to identify a special person in the town, say.. someone who is wise, strategic, and strong commands the troops or someone who is good with their words and is also wise handles diplomatic issues.

My advice is:
Make the town councilor what you want it to be.

I've never owned a town or anything, but from experience in Tribal Wars this is sort of the same thing. Just different names for the ranks really, and also there is only 3 ranks in TheWest. (Founder, Councilor, Citizen)

Diggo11

Our founder has left the town and I have been appointed town councillor as there is only 1 other councillor active and I've been unable to change the town name. I can type in the box, but when I hit 'ok' it says only the founder can change the name!

Are you absolutely sure that town councillors can change the name of the town?
It gives me the option but I have never done it. Can you provide us a screenshot?