Underpopulation or too many towns?

DeletedUser

I don't know but I think this will not happen. Innogames will gain nothing by implementing this idea and it wil not loose anything by not implementing this idea. If someone wants to be alone in his town, then let him try what's it to be a town leader. It's a rpg and they have chosen their roles. It will not be fair to force them into joining a town they don't want to be in.

PS: If you want to convince them to join your town, open telegrams and write ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

dont agree

I think that people should make towns if they want to, and if they have 1 member or 50 its all in how they keep their town. I dont belive in a town tax unless it is to benifit the town like our own government does. I think this is a bad idea.BUT i do think that towns should be able to join together to make larger towns.

DeletedUser

I think that towns should begin at a cost of 300 when a world begins. Later on, prices will increase (time based). It would max out at 1000.

Just my opinion.

DeletedUser

umm i just started today but.... what happens to ghost towns? i mean those that aren't taken over by someone else. Do they just sit there waiting forever? if so I think they should be deleted after 28 days of being abandoned... tornadoes wrecked the place and tore the buildings into pieces as such minor construction wroks aren't enough to rebuild the town so one has to start from scratch. Meaning turn ghost towns into fresh town plots after 28 days.

DeletedUser5046

great idea AdG..uhm but at some point ghost towns are useful especially for those GTs that already have gen. stores, etc... since you wont have to build a new one anymore...just enough money and energy...

DeletedUser

Well, I just saw a town with one person in it... and they were lvl 6.

Im pretty sure thats a good sign that towns are too easy to get...

Im not sying make it so that you HVE to have 2 people to start a town. But make it so that its harder to get a town...

Make it cost more or make it harder to keep.

DeletedUser

/me hides her one person town she's built up on her own ;) (6279 Points!)

DeletedUser

I was just trying at a more realistic approach, and if having a 'free' building is a concern for a lot of people i think 28 days is enough for them to hunt for such ghost towns. I mean the buildings are made of wood, surely they would rot should they remain abandoned for such a long time. And if noone claims the ghost town after 28 days, surely noone is interested, just like an uninterested player gets his character deleted after 4 weeks of inactivity. I believe it will solve some people's concern of having too many ghost towns in such a sparsely populated game.

I myself am planning to found a 1-person town and if ever I loose interest I'd like to have the option of 'working'(it takes time) by clearing MY town of infrastructure and getting wood in return based on the total level of all the buildings in it - no money refunds :) and make it into a fresh building site. (because I'm a selfish bloke who doesn't want anyone else takign over the buildings that I built FOR MYSELF hehe)

And for those people suggesting the increase of founding cost based on time since the gameworld started, i think basing it on the total current active population is more reasonable/appropriate/better (i think reasonable is a wrong choice of word, i'm not sure lol).

I hope i'm making sense, most of the time I don't understand what I'm saying and english is not my native language.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

/me hides her one person town she's built up on her own ;) (6279 Points!)

I dont have a problem with one person towns (especially ones like yours that you clearly put a lot of work into, I should know, I joined one of those in W1) But I have a problem with the fact that 1 out of 3 (active) people appear to own a town in this game...

DeletedUser

I was just trying at a more realistic approach, and if having a 'free' building is a concern for a lot of people i think 28 days is enough for them to hunt for such ghost towns. I mean the buildings are made of wood, surely they would rot should they remain abandoned for such a long time. And if noone claims the ghost town after 28 days, surely noone is interested, just like an uninterested player gets his character deleted after 4 weeks of inactivity. I believe it will solve some people's concern of having too many ghost towns in such a sparsely populated game.

I myself am planning to found a 1-person town and if ever I loose interest I'd like to have the option of 'working'(it takes time) by clearing MY town of infrastructure and getting wood in return based on the total level of all the buildings in it - no money refunds :) and make it into a fresh building site. (because I'm a selfish bloke who doesn't want anyone else takign over the buildings that I built FOR MYSELF hehe)

And for those people suggesting the increase of founding cost based on time since the gameworld started, i think basing it on the total current active population is more reasonable/appropriate/better (i think reasonable is a wrong choice of word, i'm not sure lol).

I hope i'm making sense, most of the time I don't understand what I'm saying and english is not my native language.

No, you make perfect sense, reasonable is an excellent word, and you speak english quite well. You do make a pretty good point. free buildings kinda seem unfair. Maybe paying more for a ghost town is the answer...

OOOH OOH IDEA! IDEA!

what if we bumped up the cost of founding a town to $500 and you paid for towns based on how many points they are worth? :D it sounds like a good idea! now to wait for someone to crush it with "reasoning" :dry:

DeletedUser

If prices for founding town were to change , that sounds a fair way to do it .
I just don't see the need for prices to change . What difference does it make to You if others want to live differently than You . You want a big town , fine . They want to live alone in their own town , fine .

DeletedUser5046

1000 $- one founder
1700 $ - two founding member
2200 $ - three founding member... is this fair?

DeletedUser

i guess this doesnt solve anything, but i'd like if the 1-member-towns apperad in-game as just a hut/house, instead of 4 houses and a church.

i know that clicking the town and up comes a church, bank, townhall etc makes my suggestion a bit weird... but i'd still like it.

DeletedUser5046

then it wouldnt be called a town anymore but a house...what kinda saloon?

DeletedUser

exactly my point. no offence, but i wouldnt call a place with 5 houses and 1 resident a town either.

if you choose to go west (away from the laws and such in the united states), and to settle up a place of your own, rather than to join an existing settlement, would you start by building a church, a bank, a townhall, a post office and so on? or would you start with your own house and then if and when you got neighbours, you'd build a saloon, a bank etc?

just as town size is visible on the minimap now (the only good thing out of 1.14? :D) i'd like it if all theese 1-member-towns looked like smaller settlements/just a house, in-game.

ps. bigger font size dont make your point stronger...

DeletedUser

well i have a few ideas
1. you have to be level 15+ to own a town!
you wont get tones of new people going to make a town.

2. you have to have been part of a town for a week before you can make your own(not applicable to the first month of game)
harsh on new guys...but it lets them know whats required of them before they go make there own

3. make towns cost more to make
well when a donkey costs over 3x as much your asking for it lol

4. half, if not quarter available spaces for towns
well waste not want not...with the other points there not going to be needed any way, so more room for jobs

5. with the new spaces why not have jobs that are based own towns in local area. say a fort close by or crops, high pop towns a train track!
makes it ideal for evry one as you travel less to jobs, and where there are less towns, theres more explorer jobs:D

what ya think?:huh:

DeletedUser5046

well i have a few ideas
1. you have to be level 15+ to own a town!
you wont get tones of new people going to make a town.

2. you have to have been part of a town for a week before you can make your own(not applicable to the first month of game)
harsh on new guys...but it lets them know whats required of them before they go make there own

3. make towns cost more to make
well when a donkey costs over 3x as much your asking for it lol

4. half, if not quarter available spaces for towns
well waste not want not...with the other points there not going to be needed any way, so more room for jobs

5. with the new spaces why not have jobs that are based own towns in local area. say a fort close by or crops, high pop towns a train track!
makes it ideal for evry one as you travel less to jobs, and where there are less towns, theres more explorer jobs:D

what ya think?:huh:

1. it would be unfair to lower levels...

2.yeah right then after a wee you can start bein inactive...

3. i dun think it will be implemented...as the donkey is already almost 4x costly when your not a part of the town and badly needs one^^

DeletedUser

If prices for founding town were to change , that sounds a fair way to do it .
I just don't see the need for prices to change . What difference does it make to You if others want to live differently than You . You want a big town , fine . They want to live alone in their own town , fine .

I dont think that one out of 3 people WANT to liv in a town alone. I think the fact that a town is so easy to build is quite misleading as to how hard it is to get others to join your town...

if they really want to live in a town alone... fine. I have no problem with that. But I think that the person living in a town alone should have as much trouble with it as a town with its fair share of 3 people should.

I still stand on the case of raising the cost of a town to the number of points.

Im really glad no-one crushed that...