More/Different Quests

DeletedUser1105

Problem
There are not enough quests. The quests that are there are very similar (i.e. work this job, find this product), and too easy.
People are having nothing to do for level after level whilst they wait for the next quest line.

Proposal
1) That a LOT more quests be added (not just at higher levels, but across all of the levels.)
2) That these quests be different to the current quests.

Examples

"LUCKY 13"
Find DIFFERENT products on consecutive jobs.
QUEST 1: Find 3 different products on 3 consecutive jobs.
QUEST 2: Find 5 different products on 5 consecutive jobs. (Once you did quest 1, you would start from scratch i.e. the next product you found would be Product 1, not Product 4)
QUEST 3: Find 7 different products on 7 consecutive jobs.
QUEST 4: Find 9 different products on 9 consecutive jobs.
QUEST 5: Find 13 different products on 13 consecutive jobs.

"JACK OF ALL TRADES"
Work different jobs in a row.
QUEST 1: Work on 5 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice.
QUEST 2: Work on 10 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice. (As above, it would start from scratch after completing quest 1)
QUEST 3: Work on 15 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice.
QUEST 4: Work on 20 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice.
QUEST 5: Work on 25 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice.

"LONG WAY FROM HOME"
Work in different regions
QUEST 1: Work in 4 different regions on the map.
QUEST 2: Work in 12 different regions on the map. (Again, it would start from scratch. You'd have to re-work in those regions again!)
QUEST 3: Work in 20 different regions on the map.
QUEST 4: Work in 30 different regions on the map.
QUEST 5: Work in all 40 different regions on the map.

"EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK"
Find different products.
QUEST 1: Find 5 products (Tobacco, Sugar Cane, etc The items would be specified by the developers)
QUEST 2: Find 10 products
QUEST 3: Find 20 products
QUEST 4: Find 30 products
QUEST 5: Find EVERY product on the game. This would involve re-finding the products from before, plus getting that flag again, and the notes etc, and re-formatting your skills to be able to do other jobs etc. It would be the hardest quest ever. Imagine the bragging rights for the 1st person to complete THIS quest!

"PROTECTION"
Duel other players.
QUEST 1: Win a duel against another player
QUEST 2: Win a duel against 3 other players
QUEST 3: Win a duel against 7 other players
QUEST 4: KO 1 other player
QUEST 5: KO 5 other players.

"SPECIFICS"
Work on specific job sites.
QUEST 1: Bring a tomato back from Region 3
QUEST 2: Bring a steak back from Region 17 and a cows horn from Region 39
QUEST 3: Bring beans from Region 12, cotton from Region 9 and sugar from Region 26
QUEST 4: Bring flour from Region 1, Ham from Region 35, a glass of water from Region 19 and berries from Region 16
QUEST 5: Bring wood from Region 1, a hammer from Region 10, nails from Region 31 and a toolbox from Region 40

Comment
The idea behind it is that every quest at the moment is 'Find this product from this job' or 'Buy this item from this shop'. It needs a bit of originality, a bit of something different to keep people interested.

I bet myself and the others on this forum could come up with 100 new quests, which are all different from the ones currently on offer. I've just come up with 20 myself off the top of my head, and think how long those would keep people occupied. I'll edit this post and add good ideas from you lot. Remember, I am asking for quest lines, so each idea should have 4 or 5 quests available for it.

The rewards for completing the quests are not important. Let the developers decide about that if it ever happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

/signed.

I always thought that they would make a never-ending series of quests of "Bring me this item, I give you a few dollars". Just keep doing it over and over like you'd find in some fantasy MMORPG.

DeletedUser1105

Thats what it's like now, without the quests. Queue up the same jobs, every day. Boring!

These quests (and hopefully the ones others can come up with) would make it a much better game, because whilst you are waiting to level up and get the next quest line, you could be working towards completing these quests.

DeletedUser

Good idea.

We need more of everything in this game, and quests is a good place to start.

DeletedUser

All of this is a fine idea, but you have to look it from the devs side: They have to come up a story for every quest. So then you should also think about the NPC who give you the quest and whats the point of doing this in their prospective.

DeletedUser1105

Oh ok then, let's keep the quests boring, simple and unoriginal, all because they have to come up with a story. Them poor, poor developers, having to create some stories.

I AM seeing it from the dev's side: A boring game will not last long. Players will leave. They need ideas to make it more entertaining. That's what this idea does.

I tell you what, if the developers will come here and tell me that they will implement this idea, then I will create a story line to go with every single quest.

It doesn't have to be an important story line, it could just be:

Sherriff says "After that last duel you did, some bad guys are searching for you. It may be best to lay low for a while and stay somewhere else for a while.
Target: Work in 4 different regions.

The next quests could just say: "They sure are mad at not being able to find you, they've got some friends to look for you as well. You better hide further afield."
Target: Work in 12 different regions

Or

Maya: "Thanks for all your help so far. I may have a job for you here in the town, but I need to make sure you are up to the task. I'm looking for an all-round jack of all trades who can do any job that needs doing"
Target: Work on 5 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice

The developers would have no problem coming up with stories anyway.

DeletedUser5046

I tell you what, if the developers will come here and tell me that they will implement this idea, then I will create a story line to go with every single quest.

It doesn't have to be an important story line, it could just be:

Sherriff says "After that last duel you did, some bad guys are searching for you. It may be best to lay low for a while and stay somewhere else for a while.
Target: Work in 4 different regions.

The next quests could just say: "They sure are mad at not being able to find you, they've got some friends to look for you as well. You better hide further afield."
Target: Work in 12 different regions

Or

Maya: "Thanks for all your help so far. I may have a job for you here in the town, but I need to make sure you are up to the task. I'm looking for an all-round jack of all trades who can do any job that needs doing"
Target: Work on 5 jobs in a row without doing the same job twice

The developers would have no problem coming up with stories anyway.

i will be lookin' forward for the stories...:D

-then they will put your avatar next to maya and have an exclamation point over the monkey's head..while pointing at you^^ kinda cute-

• i think there should be a quest that you have to go town hoppin' and after that you will gain exp and a free hotel stay^^ even if you will only sleep on the janitor's....to interact wit other players... •

DeletedUser1105

Getting more interaction with players is a nice idea angel, but I don't think a town-hopping quest is the right way to go about it. I think town founders may get annoyed at the number of people asking for invites only for them to leave because they have finished a quest.

And yes, evil monkey should be in the saloon giving quest out....

DeletedUser5046

now im really looking forward to see the monkey hang out wit maya!!!

-uhm..then it would have to be something like you go to this town wit this level and do something that will give both exp and money...

DeletedUser

Implementing quests that trigger based on certain jobs you do, cash you find, etc would be pretty awesome.

Say you KO'ed that guy, and there comes the posse (npc's) to get you. :D

DeletedUser

I dont know about the "Long way from home" line but the rest would be in teresting .

DeletedUser

I like the idea of quests having other elements added on, rather than just job, job, job.

Have Waupee send you on a vision quest to get him beaver skin without using any equipment!

Or have a battle of stamina with Sheriff John and do 10 jobs in a row without sleeping!

DeletedUser

this is exactly what the game needs.

here is my quest idea
sheriff quest
named The Idians
1 you have to find all the necklaces except the golden one so the idians dont attack your town.
2 Idains want more you have to give them 6 gemstones and 70 cash
3 all the items you gave them are stolen and the duel you (beat 3 Idians)
4 they belive you do exploration to find a map to find the theif who stole from them.
5 beat the theif (duel) reward: sharp tomahawk, or a what ever gun is the same level as the tomahawk.

i would do this one for sure!!!
let come up with some more and then put the best ones in the development discussions and submit them to the developers!!!!!:D

DeletedUser

john - "hey i need you to deliver this package to (insert random town name here) and deliver it to (name) for me. this is really important, dont let anyone else get a hold of that package!"

go to town, then there are three options

john - "thanks son! im glad you showed up in one piece! heres 500 bucks."

OR

waupee - "that package is needed for my village. a bandit stole it from us and now they are trying to sell it. stop the bandit and help me return this to my people" (duel someone and gain 150 xp)

OR

maya - " hey i know someone who would pay very handsomely for what you got there. how about this (awesome item here) in exchange for that? you will have to duck out of here pretty quickly if you hand it over, but im sure you will make it through" (duel someone)

DeletedUser

or you could always keep the items and duel 3 people who are chasing you to get it. maybe its an awesome weapon or something. or maybe its pancakes. everybody loves pancakes.

DeletedUser

I'd definitly duel 3 gues for some pancakes.

Anyways, we have many diffrent ideas here that can be implemented diffrently.

I for one would love to see more quests in the game, as it sorely needs more content.

DeletedUser

I dont know about the "Long way from home" line but the rest would be in teresting .

Don't worry sweetheart it's not real!:)
This is an essential addition to the game.
Mmmmm elf-maiden pancakes.