Read me Speedserver Question

What kind of Speedserver do you prefere?

• Duel

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Fortbattle

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Gold and money

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Construction

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Experience

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other (write suggestion in the comments)

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
In that case my feedback stands firm. Yet i will summarize. I want new content rather than same contents on the loop. I dont know what others think and want, this is only my wish from this game.
I agree, thats why we ask for your wishes :)

Beefmeister

i'm pretty sure those kind of speed worlds are a liability by now for the majority of the community...always the same players that are totally addicted to this game play em and win em. either fairly - by crazy no lifing, or cheating and/or exploiting or abusing game rules

it also gives a huge advantage on normal servers compared to those who don't play speed worlds, with the gringo rewards (that me and others have been complaining about for 2 years or so)

the frequency of them is also absolutely ridiculous...what is it, 3, 4 or a year?

the idea is 1 speed world per year at most. i'd prefer no gringos as rewards. even if i own some parts..i know how bad they are to the game. that set was designed as a reward for 3 players on international gold rush...across all countries. gold rush that happened once every 5 years or whatever? even the frequency of that was raised, and funny enough...there were no gringos rewards there. like what?

the way i see it: you remove the tryharders who play only for the rewards and you can finally enjoy the idea of a speed server...progressing faster and all that stuff. you can make them fun instead of a burden to play (like the classic server was for some players)

suggestion

Beefmeister

What some of us would like to see is more events on the regular worlds. I am not sure why is that so hard to understand.
Nothing is stopping you from running a fort fight event (or any other kind of competitive event) on the regular worlds, even on those with low activity. Numbers would still be higher than 50-100 regulars joining a speed world while it would help with retaining the current playerbase which is trapped on dead worlds.

also yes, this is a crazy good suggestion. i'm sure everyone would want something like this instead of getting mixed reactions with a speed server.

if things don't work...and you see people constantly complaining for long periods of time about said events and others not mentioned in this topic..it means some things need to change, to not be stuck forever in this loop. loop that inno is caught in for a very long time

Ektoras BOTrini

But Gringo weapons are not that great anymore. With today's weapons you can get way better stats and don't forget that you can also upgrade them so they will be even more OP.

Instead of asking not to give Gringo Weapons, you should ask for sets to be stopped being released. We have tons of sets and every year there's a new set that is 0.1% better that the last one but people still buy them. Sure this is a fantasy idea and will never happen but that's the reality.

Maybe continue doing speed events but just don't give Gringo as rewards? I'm sure if the rewards are XP potions there will be 10x more players. If you want to give Gringo you can give the Clothing set which is still by far the best set in the game and will not lead to any imbalance.

Beefmeister

umyeah, the game is fairly balanced-ish with the current sets for fort fights...and the clothing rewards is a fair suggestion
to summarize my posts: i think speed worlds should be made in a way to enjoy them and not to play for the rewards. the 2nd point was to reduce the frequency of them.

anyway, if you don't release new sets, what is left to spend money on? there's a big zero.

building sets at least have to keep being released since a limit is reached on the amount of labor points you can acquire to build a high enough church...and i think duel sets are not quite balanced right now, in terms of defending and attacking. you should have a chance to make an impact when you initiate a duel against a full defending set and it's not the case atm. i'm not good enough at adventures to give my opinion on them but they still feel like a mess

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
We are unfortunately (my personal opinion) required to organise speedserver events - we have 2 here on .net and we actually have to hold up to 4 on each of them EVERY year.
Therefore, we are now asking for your help - we might as well make the best of it and see if we can't find a recipe for a solution that more people will be able to join.
But the possibilities are many:
The length
theme
tasks
requirements, etc.

PrancingPurplePony

Just because you are Required to organize the speedserver events, does not make me [or anyone else] required to join them. I have too much time spent here already to muck about with any more worlds, especially one that sounds like it requires lots of effort. If you figure a way to make them work for the casual player that doesn't have hours to spend on it, maybe I'd be more interested.

Thanatoss

Some people want to spend more time on this game let them do it. Spending money is still much more beneficial than any free reward will ever be.

I would even suggest to make another op set like gringo or union maybe for church and good for defensive duelling and good for adventures

Ektoras BOTrini

Another idea for speed event:

Make a speedserver that is solely focused on Quests. No 15s required, no Achievements hunting required, just quests.

Complete X Quests and Receive X rewards
Have in your inventory X amount of Unique items and Receive X rewards.

This type of speed event of course will not have many players but on the other hand will be more balanced regarding 15s because 15s will be worthless and you will avoid multies and scripters.

To be even more fair , make sure all scripts are disabled , even the TW-Calc that gives quest information and let the best Quest hunter win.