=L=I=N=C=O=L=N= Recruiting!

DeletedUser

L=I=N=C=O=L=N Recruiting!

The Town of
LINCOLN

Send your application (can be found at the bottom of the page to either me (Old Man James) or Rose of Alabama, and we will add you to the long-term waiting list =)

We are the first town in The West to adopt a Constitution and a Bill of Rights
But we will not stop on that, and do our best to gather more brilliant ideas and perfect these documents

Lincoln is a new town named after one of our brightest senators, who maybe one day will even become President ;)

Rose of Alabama and me (in-game name: Old Man James) are co-founders of the town. Lincoln’s policies will, I believe, differ from those of most other towns in The West:

The Bill of Rights
Any player in The West is considered a natural person, and when dealing with towns is protected by the First Right, the right to be correctly and fully informed about all policies the town implements.

Anyone accepted into a town automatically becomes a citizen of the town with certain rights that the government of the town cannot take away.
Second Right is the right to citizenship security. Under the Bill, no citizen can be kicked out of the town by higher officials, unless at least 2/3 of all citizens vote him/her out.
Third Right is the right to property. No citizen can be forced by the government to submit or discard of or sell any items they own (including money).

Once again, these are the rights that cannot be taken away once they are given.

The Constitution
Preambule:
Each citizen in a town by default has a right to decide on the town's issues through voting.
In order to let their town grow and expand, the citizens can voluntarily give up their right to property to contribute to the treasury so that new buildings could be built. Citizens do not have to give up their money to the treasury, as stated in the Bill of Rights. If they do, however, they gain more weighted votes (explained below).

I. Popular Vote:
In the popular vote system each citizen in the town, regardless of level, building hours, and money contribution has exactly one popular vote. The proposals that have the most popular votes become the "Popular proposals".
II. Weighted Vote:
Each citizen, nevertheless, contributed differently to the town development. In the weighted vote system, each person has (money contributed)+20X(building hours) weighted votes. The proposals that have the most weighted votes become the "Weighted proposals"
III. Town Mayors
Town Mayors or Town Counselors cannot take action upon any issue that will reflect the life in the town without letting the citizens vote on the issue first.
If there are any disputes between the weighted proposals and the popular proposals, the town mayors have the power to pick the proposal to follow from the disputed ones.

Town Forum
All voting has to be done in a separate town forum called "Voting". Current issues are labeled "Important" until they hit their deadline. No topic in the voting forum should ever be deleted.

Lincoln's Policies:

Lincoln’s First Priority – No Rotation! I have already started a campaign against town mayors tricking new members into the rotation system, and I will keep it up for as long as I can! Once you’re in the town, you MUST be able to stay in it! We will not kick you out because you are broke, nor because there is someone “better” to replace you, nor because of anything else! The Town of Lincoln puts it’s first policy and priority that all citizens of the town MUST have a residence to live in, and when we will have new members to come, these will be built before anything else!

Lincoln’s Second Policy: You have to donate to a town to make it expand, but before you do that, the town has to help you earn as much money as you can! Now, we will accept people into Lincoln that already have profitable jobs. But the town of Lincoln will let you get as much money and experience out of your character as possible by making the town’s second priority a well-built Hotel that will let you work non-stop for many hours every day, and thus make much more money than other towns can offer!

Builders’ Lives Must Be Easier:
I believe that a town’s builders should not be forced to raise their construction skill to an enormous level to add another level to a building. That’s why our third priority would be a strong Town Hall, which would let more lower level builders build the town, and let higher level builders start spending the skill points on something else! My personal belief is that Construction points should NOT have to go beyond a minimum requirement to build a railroad station.

Other Buildings in the Town?
Lincoln is not competing with anyone. Our goal is not to be number one in everything. Our goal is to create a town where everyone knows that it is THEIR town, that they are building it, that they are making it grow, that they are truly a part of it! Other buildings may not come fast. Maybe a week, maybe two! But when they do come, we will already be established, and we will have a lot of money, and we will be able to build faster than anyone! And I believe that Lincoln citizens will take pride in achieving this not through robbery, not through dishonesty, not through kicking people in and out, but through working together as one group with a single goal – to enjoy whatever we do and whatever happens in this game.

Application Form:
Lincoln aims at building a fun community in the town. Here is our application form and I hope you have fun filling it out! ;)
To apply, please send this form via Pony Express to either Rose of Alabama or me (Old Man James)

In-game name:
Forum name (if different):
What level is your character currently at?
What skills/attributes are you most interested in training?
What are your goals in the game?
What are your goals going to be in Lincoln?
How do you want to help the town: by building, donating, or fighting?
What do you expect from the town?
When not playing The West what is your favorite hobby?
What state or country do you live in?
If you had 1 million dollars all of the sudden what would you do with it?
Otters or sheep?

:p
~Old Man James

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We are currently full >.<

I am hoping to start construction for level 2 residences tomorrow night , I only just dug the last foundation and named the Town this morning ;)

DeletedUser

Lincoln.png

Town Name:

LINCOLN

Currently Rank:

Current Building Points:

Members:

Average Level:

Leaders:

Town Mayors
  • Rose of Alabama
  • Old Man James
Councilors:
  • Lozen
  • Tygliss
  • Thompson766
I think this Town will have a nice future.

Sign:
-DA-
Townless
World 3

P.S.
There is also a player in World 3 called "LINCOLN".

DeletedUser

Sorry about that Rose...

Don't worry I'll try fixing it, but I don't know how??? Can you help me??? I don't think that I will be TownLess forever. Anyone who got a good place for a Townless player like me will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your concern Rose, I appreciated it.

DeletedUser

They are currently full, go ask Rose of Alabama in the game about it.

DeletedUser

I think it's an ETHNIC BREAKOUT!!!

I also think that I am going insane...

(added the application form)

DeletedUser

Lincoln is now accepting applications :)
These applications will very soon be changed to more complex ones, so don't miss your chance :p

And we are now the first town in The West to have the Constitution and The Bill of Rights ;)

DeletedUser3741

I have a question

When you say Senator 'Lincoln', Who are you refering to?

DeletedUser

I have a question

When you say Senator 'Lincoln', Who are you refering to?

Well, Abraham Lincoln did not yet become President at that time, so he must've been a Senator from Illinois? Unless my thinking is woo-hoo and I need to ask my History teacher to fail me =/

DeletedUser

Depends on the year the game is set... Lincoln wasn't a senator for a long time.

DeletedUser

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]I think we fit the time line for The West

[/FONT]1859 - Illinois legislature chooses Douglas for the U.S. Senate over Lincoln by a vote of 54 to 46. [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]He lost the election, but in debating with Douglas he gained a national reputation that won him the Republican nomination for President in 1860.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]
[/FONT]May 18, 1860 - Nominated to be the Republican candidate for President of the United States.

November 6, 1860 - Abraham Lincoln is elected as 16th U.S. president and the first Republican. Receives 180 of 303 possible electoral votes and 40 percent of the popular vote.

lincsig2.gif
lhead3.gif

DeletedUser

I am new to the game but this town sounds cool with a costitution and everything! Sounds like a very active town that I would love to be a part of :eek: I sent in my application so I hope I am accepted! Keep up the good work with the ideas. :D

DeletedUser

I am new to the game but this town sounds cool with a costitution and everything! Sounds like a very active town that I would love to be a part of :eek: I sent in my application so I hope I am accepted! Keep up the good work with the ideas. :D

Check your telegrams . and please return to me :)

DeletedUser

In-game name: Shooter McBubby
Forum name (if different): Bubby mcshooter
What are your goals in the game? Help where I can, I am a "team" player, though I do like quests.
What are your goals going to be in a town you join? Help provide $$$ for buildings, or whatever the town needs.
What do you expect from a town you join? A "family" to help each other out, loyalty from town, and mostly a great, fun time.
When not playing The West what is your favorite hobby? Playing with my son...working on fantasy sports too
What state or country do you live in? Oregon, USA
If you had 1 million dollars all of the sudden what would you do with it? Well, I'd buy some gold (you never know about the economy these days, and gold will always have value), and pay off my house
Otters or sheep? Otters, they are more graceful. plus they can provide good pelts, for warmth AND trading...lol

DeletedUser

You just made it Bubby :) As we only have one space at the moment, and 6 applications, and I have no idea how our citizens will vote, may I add you to our waiting list, if you don't squeeze through this time ? We hope to have a new residency level completed very shortly.