Strike the Earth! (take two)

DeletedUser

Welcome Dwarf Fortress & RPG.net Westerners! Everyone else, please move along, nothing to see here. We are not recruiting at this time.

There's a few issues up for discussion:

Residence: There's only room for five players in a starting town. :( We can increase that with work and money.

Location: There's a spot west of Hidden Falls that looks ok. It's not a bad idea to build near an existing town. We can use their hotel until we get our own built. (Then we can sleep for free. :))

Upgrading the Town: Adding to a city is just like a regular job, only instead of earning wages, you pay for the privilege. Some of you might want to train up your Construction skill to make the work go faster.

Name: We still need a name for our town. I suspect we're going to end up with a Dwarfish name. :D Cast your votes here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We have town, repeat, we have town!

The city is called Plump Helmet Spawn for now, but we can rename it easily. Hold on for your invites. Head for my location or HookerChemical's.

Once you get here, either pitch in on building the residence, or just dump some money in the town's bank account.

Once we have the housing upgraded to level two, we can have another wave of invites.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent. I'll eagerly await my invite. I'm Karlito in the Bay12 forums, BTW.

DeletedUser

Everyone sit tight while we get more bedrooms dug for the migrants. ;)

Waiting for invites:
CoZarctan of Theta
GrooveTiger
bishop X
evanie
Leonon
Aristharus

Uh-oh, that's six people fighting for five spaces. Someone's going to be sleeping in the grass for a while. They aren't missing much. We don't have an inn or a general store yet.

DeletedUser

What are we short of to build residences? I feel like we should be doing this by the towns needs.

DeletedUser

Sadly, you have to be part of the town before you can contribute time or money.

Maybe we could start rotating memberships. Dump your money and leave the town. Let HookerChem or me send an invite to the next one on the list.

DeletedUser

What I mean, is that the current members need to decide whether they need construction skills/time or money. If you guys need money, let the more adventurer type people in, if you need construction skills/time let more workers in.

DeletedUser

Ah, ok. I have read elsewhere that one builder and four money-makers works well. That makes sense.

Anyone want to be the designated builder? The formula is Construction x3 + Repair + Leadership.

DeletedUser

Ok, so, Bay 12 is down for the moment.

Ok, I am level 5 now and have 12 unspent skills. I pretty much put 1 point into everything (skills and attributes) to get past the tutorials and stuff, so I want to know what you guys recommend I make my character.

Any specific trades that we need? Also what skills are recommended for said trades.

DeletedUser

I'm level nine right now and perfectly happy to worker as a builder, my build aggregate (3*construction+leadership+repair) is 26, soon to be 30.

DeletedUser

I think Leonon is ahead in building ability, with construction 20, repair 1, leadership 0.

I'm going to kick a couple people out of the city soon.

DeletedUser

Finally made it down to your area and have been keeping up the quests and such for XP and money

DeletedUser

I've put all my remaining skill points into trapping. I just hope I don't end up with a crappy adventurer :D

Off to hunt some beaver now.

DeletedUser

The new residence is 48% finished! If we can make some more money, it'll be done in a day.

You may get hit by PVP once you join! We've had a few duelists do drive-byes.