Mini Map - Where am I going?

• Thread starter DeletedUser1105
  • Start date

DeletedUser1105

Problem
I queue up a couple of jobs, and log off. When I log back on, I've finished the first job and it tells me I am travelling. I click 'work' and it shows me what job I am going to do. All very well and good. However, it doesn't show me which SITE I am going to. This makes it difficult to queue the next job, because I want to choose the nearest site to where I am about to be working, so that I am not wandering aimlessly back and forth.

Current Solutions
  • I can queue the job and work out how long it will take me to travel. But I have to do that at a number of sites to find out which is the shortest time, so this is not ideal.
  • I could also wait until I've finished travelling and see where I am. If I am not able to be online that long then this does not work.

My Proposal
On the mini map, it should either:
1) Show your destination when you are travelling. This could be as simple as a different coloured dot. OR, even better but more work:
2) Show where all queued jobs are. For instance, your current job is marked yellow as normal, and then the next place you have queued up has a number 2 on the map, the third and fourth (if you have premium) show up as 3 and 4, thus showing your future progrssion across the map.

Why These Solutions?
It would make for easier planning. In the case of queing numerous jobs, you could easily see which direction your player will take, and if you are making your way over to a partincular town, you could make sure you are headed the right way.

Potential for Abuse
None.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Well, first impressions are important ;)

If I'd have put "Itd b kul if we cud c wer we was gunna be in like the nxt qst and stuff, innit?" I probably wouldnt get a good response!

And I'm just anal about things like this. They hate me in the office for it!

DeletedUser

100% behind you on this! I have exactly the same frustration.

And yes, it is a great layout for suggesting an idea.

DeletedUser

This would be quite useful .
When it was brought up last , were there two dozen different suggestions on how trading would be so great ? My guess is it was lost in the shuffle , and We didn't know any one was listening then either .

DeletedUser

i just posted this in the vote for the icon change too yesterday:) GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!