founder inactivity?

DeletedUser

What happens if a town founder becomes inactive?
- Does the role pass to someone else?
- Will the town become a ghost town? Does it stay active?
- What happens to the town members? What about all the work they put into the town?

DeletedUser

I would also like to know the answer to this question as my town's founder has gone AWOL for quite a while. All of the other previous residents have left.

I have put money into building the town and would like to keep it and recruit to build it up.

Any suggestions?

DeletedUser

Hey there,

I do believe that after a town has gone inactive, the councilor or any member of the town will be able to self-appoint themselves as founder, regaining COMPLETE control of the town.

Sources: previous experience

Solvation: have a joint town founder in case this happens

DeletedUser

Hey there,

I do believe that after a town has gone inactive, the councilor or any member of the town will be able to self-appoint themselves as founder, regaining COMPLETE control of the town.

Sources: previous experience

Solvation: have a joint town founder in case this happens

That wasn't the case on 2008 when this question was asked.

Harsha..

yes, the rules were slightly different then. Towns that lost their founder were not deserted, but were left with grey hats. As to my knowledge, if one of the councilors wanted to become the founder, he/she had to equip a Lincoln's top hat to get the founders post

Through, i'm not sure on if this has changed. The current set up could be as drgloves suggested

EDIT: I did a quick experiment in W11 - there were only two members in my town there. I gave the second member a grey hat and demoted myself. After a 5 min pause, i tried to promote myself to founder, without success. It didn't work after i put on the Lincoln's top hat...

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

EDIT: I did a quick experiment in W11 - there were only two members in my town there. I gave the second member a grey hat and demoted myself. After a 5 min pause, i tried to promote myself to founder, without success. It didn't work after i put on the Lincoln's top hat...

The councillor would've had the option, but not you as a citizen. If you were both citizens, on the other hand, the option would've been available to both of you.

DeletedUser

Just put a ticket in, they will make you founder, I've done it twice on different worlds.

DeletedUser

yes, the rules were slightly different then. Towns that lost their founder were not deserted, but were left with grey hats. As to my knowledge, if one of the councilors wanted to become the founder, he/she had to equip a Lincoln's top hat to get the founders post

Through, i'm not sure on if this has changed. The current set up could be as drgloves suggested

Lincoln's top hat has nothing to do with it. Refresh and you should have a button in town hall > residents to promote yourself to founder. If refreshing doesn't work, then it takes time. It sounds like a bug that you could even demote yourself. You can't leave town without having another founder in your town, so I don't see why a sole founder should be able to demote himself. The only way towns can usually become founder-less is by having the only founder deleted.

It's been a while since I've used it, but it's been in game for like two years. I used an old invite to shop in a family town on w4 maybe 18 months ago to shop. There was only one inactive member left who had no hat. I had the founder option in town hall immediately upon joining.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser928

How long before we have to wait till the inactive gets deleted ?

DeletedUser15368

How long before we have to wait till the inactive gets deleted ?

It's 30 days before an inactive player gets removed. But if your founders are all inactive (and it's the same policy as on beta), you can send a support ticket after I believe 14 days and they will promote you to the rank of councilor.