Dueling, fair?

DeletedUser

I searched for how EXACTLY the dueling works, and I dont get much except what was in the 'HELP' section.

"A duel is the fight between 2 players. To challenge other players you have to be member of a town and your town needs a mortician. You then need to go to the town of the player you want to challenge and go to the saloon. You see a list of all the members of the town and you can challenge them. The other player does not have to be in the town right now, he also doesn't have to be online. You cannot challenge players that are asleep in a hotel right now.
Every duel costs 10 energy points for the challenger. The defender does not lose any energy. The costs are independent of the outcome of the duel.
In the "Duel" menu you can change your dueling settings."

My question is this...How is it fair AT ALL that I'm workin or doing a job, and I can be challenged WITHOUT my consent? It says the ONLY time you cannot be challenged is when sleeping. So the duelers go and pick fights with the other occupation classes because they'll hardley loose.

I log in today to find out some moron challenged me and I lost $88 that took me hours of work and energy. He lucked out, has a major advantage, and there is NOTHING you can do in this game to stop people from really just being annoying. Then he continued to go beat one of the other WORKERS who luckily had no cash on him and was constructing the town.

Dueling should only occur with other gunslingers/duelers. All this dueler has to do is CONTINUE to duel the non-duelers and he will NEVER stop winning and taking money. Absolutely NO way to defend against this.

Whats to stop a Dueler from sleeping in a hotel for $10 in my town, just hang out 100% and never leave, and challenge everyone so they can NEVER build up their town and work? This makes no sense at all.

There needs to be a way for duelers to never be able to attack people unless they are IN town and not sleeping, and only be able to challenge 'UP' in dueling levels. All this does is majorly discourage people from even trying. You do a job, gain $, and they just time it so every few hours they steal all your money before you can deposit. There is no 'strategy' involved, just an annoying idiot constantly picking on those he has an advantage of.

At least in TW you can get support or build a defense. Here, the only thing i can imagine you can do is have everyone challenge him, hope you can hurt him enough to send him back to his town to heal. Then he does it ALL over again.

What is the time limit to challenge the same person again?
What is being done by the moderators to get rid of this rediculous advantage?
I understand games are challenging, but to be challenged without being consented, challenged up front, or doing anything but sleeping, and be the underdog and have no say, is just rediculous.

DeletedUser3741

1. Greenhorn defense - Stay the class greenhorn and you cant be dueled (german servers announced that this will be removed in time)
2. Bank/Product defense - keep your money banked or in value of products only selling it to buy an item while you are sleeping
3. Revenge defense - Recruit duelers to your town to repeatedly attack anyone who attacks the worker
4. No Town defense - You can only be dueled if you are part of a town, do not join one and you will be safe

DeletedUser

You can also boost your tactic skill up a bit, so the duelers would have harder time taking you down.

Plus, you have to remember that if they lose you would get the same as if they were to win. So it could go either way.

DeletedUser

Although I can see maidadi's point. It's dishonourable for a dueller to attack a non-dueller. Unfortunately not everyone is honourable. But as everyone else has said, there's ways to counter this.

DeletedUser

I was attacked by a Level 15 Dueler yesterday when I was not playing...
SOMEHOW...
I took no damage to myself and beat him down badly and won. All I had was the Granite, and he had the Bat PLUS a major advantage of level points.

Sometimes it doesnt work out too bad at all in the end.

I only wish there was a way to queue up a bank deposit after your queued work is done.

DeletedUser

That is a great suggestion..I was about 100 away from a donkey two days ago, now I'm skulking in the realms of $250 because of snidey duelers..

DeletedUser

You guys are being unfair to us duelers. There's only one way to prove to a town that they should stop fighting with our town members. Dueling everyone in their town espically the constructors so they KO and the building money is wasted. (I'm a constructor in w3 and duelers like to duel me .xD) Besides, Duelers eventually cant duel you because of a major duel difference.

DeletedUser

You guys are being unfair to us duelers. There's only one way to prove to a town that they should stop fighting with our town members. Dueling everyone in their town espically the constructors so they KO and the building money is wasted. (I'm a constructor in w3 and duelers like to duel me .xD) Besides, Duelers eventually cant duel you because of a major duel difference.

I just got attacked again for $80 more after working another 3 hours and walking back to town (while sleeping in real life). This is fair? 6 hours worth of work (or more to some), for 10 seconds worth of someones camping out in a town and picking on lower dueling levels?

This dueler should ONLY be able to duel the others who intend to duel or at least allow them to deny a duel.

If players challenged could turn down a duel, this would at least keep track of a duelers record, stating:
duels won: 0
duels lost: 2
duels challenged: 0
duels turned away: 5
duel $ won: 160

or something.... so IF someone keeps denying challenges, it makes them look like a coward or something. But id rather be labeled a damn coward that way than by a higher level dueler coward that picks on the lower level duelers that build, work, earn, and CANT do a thing about it.

1.Staying greenhorn is just a sad excuse, but if it works, now I have a reason to not play the game right. So Ill try that if i start on 3 because it results to that.
2.Putting money in bank requires you to be in town! and keeping money value from items is silly, the majority of your money is from earnings!
3.If everyone in your town has lower dueling levels than the challenger, those people CANT gain money to buy better weapons, it drastically slows down their Treasury deposits, and results in a catch 22 scenario when trying to retaliate.
4.Not joining a town, or joining and rejoining is cowardly and pointless. This is not how the game 'should' be designed because I personally feel you should pay as a town to 'invite' ($10-25) and have a much longer return time period if youre kicked or leave town (like 1 week or more).

We can debate this all day and I appreciate the input. But seriously, the dueling aspect needs to be redesigned for 'some' fairness. I understand sometimes thats the fun of the game is being thrown off when you log in and be like 'omg WTF!!?' (haha)...but seriously..quit being a ******!

Good DAY!

DeletedUser

This is a really good suggestion. I'm going to steal it and post it in the suggestions forum.

Thank you for quoting my idea and then saying you are going to steal it...in the end I can take the credit anyway.

DeletedUser

another game with another simmer that moans very time he gets attacked. your getting attacked because your a farm donate your money instead of hoarding it all i don't go around in 6 hour money on me.

This dueler should ONLY be able to duel the others who intend to duel or at least allow them to deny a duel.

my response to this: GTFO log into the game select settings then go to delete account enter your password press ok and leave. this rule would make this game boring as hell you might want to just build and sim all day long but i and others don't. infact anyone that reads this thread that likes dueling should find this guy and just keep attacking him as he obviously likes keeping money on himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3741

another game with another simmer that moans very time he gets attacked. your getting attacked because your a farm donate your money instead of hoarding it all i don't go around in 6 hour money on me.

my response to this: GTFO log into the game select settings then go to delete account enter your password press ok and leave. this rule would make this game boring as hell you might want to just build and sim all day long but i and others. infact anyone that reads this thread likes dueling should find this guy and just keep attacking him as he obviously likes keeping money on himself.

Dont troll others, there are only 700 people W3 that duels, and nearly 55,000 players

So duelers ARE the minority

DeletedUser

im not trolling others unlike the op what he wants to do if effectively end duelling in this game as we would keep getting messaging saying you can't duel because the player doesn't want to

DeletedUser

its more than fair. if u get dueled... well your just unlucky, personally i like dueling cuz it gives good xp and only takes like 20 minutes usually for me

DeletedUser

Well, as someone new to this, with little to no interest in dueling, it would be nice to be able to have a better defense than spending points on relevant skills. Maybe a preference you can set that has you "backing down" from duels completely, or be able to set some range where you will defend yourself (like refuse all challenges by duelers of # level above you, where you can set the #). Let the duelers play each other, and the rest of us play the way we want to play.

However, in the Old West, frequently people were gunned down for fairly random reasons, and if you didn't pull a gun to defend yourself, you got shot. So, I can see why the game is set up the way it is.

DeletedUser

Maybe a preference you can set that has you "backing down" from duels completely, or be able to set some range where you will defend yourself (like refuse all challenges by duelers of # level above you, where you can set the #). Let the duelers play each other, and the rest of us play the way we want to play..

no everyone that doesn't like fighting would use that option then and duellers won't be able to make money. if you don't want to be attacked then don't join a town or stay greenhorn.

DeletedUser

no everyone that doesn't like fighting would use that option then and duellers won't be able to make money. if you don't want to be attacked then don't join a town or stay greenhorn.

Wrong. Duelers would then have to fight other duelers. Which, one argues, is the way it should be.

Perhaps you can only set this preference if you are the "worker" class. Protects them, makes the "soldier" class the defenders of a town, and the town's duelers are it's offense. Problem solved.

DeletedUser

Wrong. Duelers would then have to fight other duelers. Which, one argues, is the way it should be.

Perhaps you can only set this preference if you are the "worker" class. Protects them, makes the "soldier" class the defenders of a town, and the town's duelers are it's offense. Problem solved.

That's not very old west though is it? The bad guy is always challenging people he shouldn't.

DeletedUser

Whenever i need to do some banking, I just queue the hotel.... since I don't purchase automation, its just as effective for me as making the "deposit" on the bank create a queue item where I walk to the bank..then haveing to queue up hotel (or store..). Since hotel is free, I don't think twice about leaveing after 10 minutes, if my energy is still good.

DeletedUser

if duelers have to fight themselves they would eventually run out of money (duellers only make money from duels if the other person has money) and there would be no point in duelling other than to get higher ranked.