Player Killing

DeletedUser

Right now it doesn't matter if you lose half you health on a job or lose all your health by back to back duels, you gain it back at the same speed. There isn't really much incentive to duel other players unless you know you will win.

I was thinking that it would be good if you could "kill" a player. Would be the equivalent of rimming a player in TW, they don't die but have to build back up. I could see two ways you could implement this:

1) When a player gets to 0 health (best if by dueling but may need to be because of accidents as well) they are put into a hospital for a given amount of time to heal. Would basically just put them in a mandatory sleep mode for a certain number of hours.

2) When a player is killed in a duel you have a chance of taking items off of them.

Either solution would promote team play in the fact that towns would need to coordinate duels to take out other players, either to kill them with option 1 or to be able to loot them with option 2.

Another addition to this could be that if a town kills (like option 1) every member of another town they loot / raid the town treasury. Would add a whole new aspect to the game.

DeletedUser

1) would make the game boring i already have to spend 8 hours in a hotel and don't want to spend even more time in hospital doing nothing

2) this is bad as it will give stronger players more money and make weaker ones even weaker by loosing items that improve there dueling skills

and this isn't TW

DeletedUser

I like the idea of being able to rob inventories. it is very hard to kill a player and there should be a reward for the organization and risk involved in doing so. The whole idea that gunfighters have it easy is nonesense. i'm a fairly successful gunfighter and have made about $300 in ten days.

DeletedUser

Well ideally if someone kills you, their skill set is obviously much higher than yours...so they take an item that would help them?

Yes, it would be cool...but there are just too many benefits to widen the gap of the rich and the noobs.

DeletedUser

I like the idea, the town bit would be the best. As long as larger towns dont target the towns that are slowly growing, thats the downside.

DeletedUser

mass attack

the only way that would work well is if you could challenge people any where, including outside their town. Then allow multiple numbers of players to attack one player. That way they would be hable to handle higher level players. Or allow bushwakers. That would be allowing outlaws to jump people and steal from them anywhere.

DeletedUser

Okay, you want to kill people and take their stuff.... because you're not making enough beating them the regular way. If you really want to work it, you might copy an idea from another game I occaisionally play.
New Class, Outlaw(PK)- Outlaws benefit- if they win duel, they get to take one item not equiped by other player. If outlaw loses, they lose all their items, and are deleted..
Then, everybody is happy. Outlaws get to steal items from people. People get to gang-up on outlaws, and get rid of them...permanantly.