Dueling the same player over and over and over

DeletedUser

and over again.......I think that if a player chooses to continue dueling the same player over and over and one is a dueler and the other is not then the dueler who continues to duel the same player (say more than 5 times) should be able to just they don't get any experience or money. This way dueler's would seek out dueler's and you could lift the limit if it were one dueler to another but it stinks that someone who is specialized in dueling continues to duel you when that is not your profession-if I could go back and change my build, now I would just to whip on this chump who attacks me 2-4 times a day every day even though the most money they have gotten off me is 7 dollars it is just a pain and quite frustrating. If this werre the real west he would have been shot in the back by now and no longer around!

DeletedUser

I agree

I agree it's very annoying, been attacked 4 times, 3 by the same person. in a 48 hour period. they only get a lousy $8 from me each time. It's especially annoying when I'm doing jobs to upgrade my town. I get that money back I lost in 1 job(2 hours) The worse thing is that I sold all my good gears to start my town. So know I'm pretty much starting all over in equipping items.

DeletedUser

While duelers do have benefits (really not that much) which they exploit every time they duel someone, the other classes have benefits too that they exploit just the same. For example a worker is building up his town and making his town better than his neighbor's. The neighbor who is a dueler has no legit way to compete against you, because he can't build towns as well as you, so the only way he can compete with you is by dueling you, right?

DeletedUser

While duelers do have benefits (really not that much) which they exploit every time they duel someone, the other classes have benefits too that they exploit just the same. For example a worker is building up his town and making his town better than his neighbor's. The neighbor who is a dueler has no legit way to compete against you, because he can't build towns as well as you, so the only way he can compete with you is by dueling you, right?

Okay- Here's how it really worked- in a duel one player dies, that is not breathing- DEAD so here is another fix- make dueling FATAL and if a town is fed up with a dueler killing their citizens they can put a bounty on their head or when they are sleeping "capture" them and after a "fair" trial give them a first class hanging! I would be willing to risk having my charachter killed off so I could come back and hang some of these cowardly chumps who duel people they feel they can beat easily. Would you like professional fighting if the champion only fought people he outclassed?

DeletedUser

I love the idea of being able to put a bounty out for someone.

DeletedUser

I think that people should just stop whining about being dueled. Like the original poster said, he only loses $7. It is mostly a hindrance.

This is a strategy. One town has it's duelers harass and KO another town's workers/adventurers so that the town cannot be built as fast as theirs.

Stop whining and find yourself some duelers to attack back and KO the other town's duelers.

DeletedUser

The bounty

Only you have to realize that this is also in tune with dueling being fatal! That way a dueler who preys on workers would have to start over at level one once killed that way only those who truly were willing to risk the maximum would become duelers and if you didn't harass the townfolks then no bounty- gunfighters knew when the townspeople got upset they moved on because if they didn't they would get lynched!

DeletedUser

It's not just me I look out for.......

I think that people should just stop whining about being dueled. Like the original poster said, he only loses $7. It is mostly a hindrance.

This is a strategy. One town has it's duelers harass and KO another town's workers/adventurers so that the town cannot be built as fast as theirs.

Stop whining and find yourself some duelers to attack back and KO the other town's duelers.

Other member's of the town I'm mayor of have lost alot of money to this individual and I also look out for their interests. Wanna make it more realistic- gunfighter's-duelers didn't shoot up workers, they fought other gunfighters. I grew up in Texas, Live in Colorado know my history and when "dueler's" preyed upon the weak they were dealt with harshly and lethally. UNFORTUNATELY there is not an option for that in this game where the worker class can band together as a whole in a "posse" and eliminate a cancer

DeletedUser

Maybe you should get someone to be the sheriff. If they are good duelers they can go around and duel people who duel people in your town.

DeletedUser1105

I don't agree with making it fatal. That would be daft. I've been on here for months, only for a dueller to come and make me have to start from level 1 again? I don't think so.

I do think there should be some protection from people who constantly harrass the same player. Maybe you can opnly duel the same person once in 24 hours. Then they would have to find other targets.

DeletedUser

Just put a bounty on the players head ,find a town with high level duelers speak to their mayor offer to put X amount of cash into their towns bank if they knock the player out

DeletedUser

Just put a bounty on the players head ,find a town with high level duelers speak to their mayor offer to put X amount of cash into their towns bank if they knock the player out
You mean as in joining their town and giving them their bounty?

DeletedUser

Yes agreed.

Besides creating a character in this game and logging on to queue jobs, the way to get ahead is also to build a solid town and recruit good members.

If you aren't able to do effective recruiting and end up in a town with only 2 or 3 of you - then join a bigger, more active town or risk being eliminated through constant dueling.

Towns are just gonna keep dueling to get cash, exp, satisfaction - the players choose the dueler/soldier class for a reason.

Fact of the game.

Or.... quit The West and start an account on Second Life ;)

And I like the current set up of waking up in the town with no energy & cash when you get KOed. That is fair.

Getting players "dead" or starting from Level 1 would be suicide for Innogames.

DeletedUser

There are restrictions for duelers right now - you cant attact the same person for 1 hour after first attack + you cant attack someone if he gets killed (48 hours). As of whining about duelers - just dont have any cash with you and try to level him out - so he wont be able to duel you because you are too high level to him. its not a one day strategy, but it works.

DeletedUser1105

That would be a way of it working unofficially Oxo. And I can't see any towns going back on thier word to pay, seeing as the people they are meant to pay will obviously be much better duellers or they wouldn't need them at all.

DeletedUser

That's how I looked on it SD plus I am sure there are a lot of towns out there with honourable players

DeletedUser

This happens already. The solutions people are crying out for are largely present if a little imagination is used.

DeletedUser

I think a lot of players don't have one to use though Ulthor and need telling or having there hand held on here

DeletedUser

Just one cotton pickin minute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another ad hominem attack heard from. Cant dispute the point, so make a straw man and attack that. There is no right way and no wrong way to play a game. Those who play for escape, fine, do it with the collective blessing. But for somebody who puts the time and effort to say nothing of creative energy into the creation of story lines for a character to navigate through, theres not a thing in the world wrong with that either.
My real name is not Prudhomme, suprise suprise. The actual BT Prudhomme was a 19 year old kid the day he was killed in action at Gettysburg carrying the flag of the Ninth Alabama volunteers over the stone wall on Cemetery Ridge. I took his life story, sparse as it was and created the persona seen in these forums and the town of Rio Vaqueros in world three. Its a what if he had lived kind of thing, since Im a long distant cousin, I cant help but do that. I dont need anybody to tell me how to imagine or to dream...I can do that just fine. As for holding my hand, save that for the senoritas, me intiendes?