Town Items and Competitions

DeletedUser

Introduction
Recently my town conducted a deposit drive, a competition to get everyone depositing into the town. We ranked everyone that deposited from 1 time period to another, and after 3 days, we had ourselves a winner. A winner who won nothing.

After which I came up with an idea for town items, items that can be purchased from a special seller (maybe that wagon that sits in front of the post office), and given to town members via some control system that the Town leader has control of, or a competition system that monitors activities of a time frame that the Town Leader has set, then rewards the highest ranking member/s with the item/s.

These items will of course have significant boost over items purchased in the regular stores, and their cost reflect that. Payment for these items will come from the Town Treasury or a Single individual, much like town construction. Requiring the town to make the decision to purchase the item and thus forgo construction of the town.

Requirements
The town item seller requires no construction of itself, however the town itself must met the requirement for the level of items it has. So a town with 4000+ points, would display the seller, and a basic set of items(A weapon, a necklace, a shirt, etc). With Each new lvl the town reaches, the seller would display a different set of items, up to 3 complete sets, that way if the reward for a competition is a whole set, and the town leader says there should be 3 winners(Gold, Silver, and Bronze) then all the items would be rewarded thusly. All items, no matter the lvl of the town, would require lvl 10 or above to use it. All items, belong to the town and can not be sold, and if a town member leaves the town, the items stays with the town.

The Competition Controls
I picture the interface for the controls would be user input, for Days the competition should go, what activities should be monitored(Dueling Wins, amount of money made dueling, Items found value, amount of experience gained, or amount of money deposited), how many winners(can only be used if there is more then 1 item), and then the selection of the items based on the rank. Also the option to allow this event to reoccur making all items distributed during the last competition to be back up for grabs.

Conclusion
The competition system by itself would be a decent addon to the game, without the special items. Items found during jobs, or purchased from the store could be added as prizes, and all members would be able to add items to the system. The problem with this I see is abuse, members would view this as an exchange system, setting the time frame really short, and telling other members not to participate so the item goes to a particular person, thus the need for special items, that have no relation to the quest.

DeletedUser5046

i thought it was like the other thread bout town competitions which also doesnt have to do wit working and collecting quests....

DeletedUser

can you link me the thread, if it's the Town fair thread then it's not quite on par with my idea, not quite at all