Enough is enough. Read this before joining a town

DeletedUser

I found a town that dosn't do this 'rotation' thing it is called Orchard Hill if you want to join send me a telegram my ingame name is serpent4327.

Please don't use Lincoln's threads to advertise your town :) it is not sporting !

DeletedUser1855

I am a founder of a town and to the best of my knowledge I was first to implement rotation in world 3. Rotation worked great for us. I have reinvited everyone in my town. We do not rotate now but 80% of my members are open for rotation. Feel free to ask anyone of my town members. We are small coz I have few bad players and few players who are not active but they still have a place.

Rotation is good if founder is not a cheat.

DeletedUser

I am a founder of a town and to the best of my knowledge I was first to implement rotation in world 3. Rotation worked great for us. I have reinvited everyone in my town. We do not rotate now but 80% of my members are open for rotation. Feel free to ask anyone of my town members. We are small coz I have few bad players and few players who are not active but they still have a place.

Rotation is good if founder is not a cheat.

This thread is not about The Honest Founders who are "safe rotators" it is about the many out there who are not. It serves as a warning to the new players to be aware !

DeletedUser

Personally; if the only way you can convince people to donate money is through rotation you are a bad mayor.

If you haven't got the mind for a tax system everybody can meet within reason then it's a crying shame.

DeletedUser

i m a mayor of a town in world 1 and u should think about wat i m facing.

i made a town and then wen i was getting messages for recruitment a invitation bug ruined the start till then i m wirking alone to make my town better and i m now with all the basic facilities(all buildings) and my town is now 1000+ point.
but still no one wanna join my town .i m the only donator and worker of my town.
and even now i m not trying to cheat anyone by use and throw methods.

and u guys will not believe that players wanna join those towns which r only using them and then throw them instead of mine.
hows my life at THE-WEST????

DeletedUser

I m the founder of w3 shotgun valley and I will never use the rotation angel.

DeletedUser

i m a mayor of a town in world 1 and u should think about wat i m facing.

i made a town and then wen i was getting messages for recruitment a invitation bug ruined the start till then i m wirking alone to make my town better and i m now with all the basic facilities(all buildings) and my town is now 1000+ point.
but still no one wanna join my town .i m the only donator and worker of my town.
and even now i m not trying to cheat anyone by use and throw methods.

and u guys will not believe that players wanna join those towns which r only using them and then throw them instead of mine.
hows my life at THE-WEST????

That really sucks for you. Try advertising your Town in the WORLD 3: Town Recruitment...

DeletedUser

in world 3 joined just a few hrs by the start and used my mind for the post recruitment.so i m full now.
but yes u say correct world 1 town really sucks for me

DeletedUser

in world 3 joined just a few hrs by the start and used my mind for the post recruitment.so i m full now.
but yes u say correct world 1 town really sucks for me

Does any Town in World 3 still using the Rotation Method???

I know a few Town before who use this method...

DeletedUser

From what I gather; most have been scrapped simply due to unpopularity.

DeletedUser

I'm a mayor of a town in world 3 myself and i wouldn't do rotation because the people who helped me build it wouldn't be able to enjoy all their hard work. I may not have any other members beside myself, but it's the prensable of the matter. As long as everyone who joins my town helps, even if that's giving a dollar to the treasurary, then that would be fine with me.

DeletedUser

From what I gather; most have been scrapped simply due to unpopularity.

Thanks for the info, Duke Westminster.

For Timeartist, you are right about that.

For the rotation tactic, doing rotation is not good for those players that doesn't even know about this Tactics. There are many players who are new in this game. Some didn't even know anything about this game.

So, I said let us give these players an awesome Town that will be enjoyed by everyone!!!

DeletedUser

I will not even invite a player to get his donkey and ask him to donate money. I think there should be some kind of a town fine ore something for towns that continue with this practice. I expect players that join my town to be just good town members and stay for ever.

I disagree. I think this is a win-win policy that works out quite well for everybody involved. We do this on World 2 and have helped out quite a few players. We were fortunate to get all 4 of the quest items in our stores, and we tell people that for a $100 donation to the town's building fund, they can come in and buy whatever they want, saving them 75% of the regular outsider cost of those items. I'd say that's VERY well worth that $100 donation. It helps them save money and it helps our town grow. Yes, we could be a lot greedier and charge significantly more. After all, we are saving them quite a large sum of money, almost $550 for the headbands, bandannas and indian necklaces alone. Add another $750 if they don't already have a donkey. That's a better deal than you could find at Sam's or Costco even. ;)
And so far, none of the people we've helped have complained. As a matter of fact, we've had a few people stay on to help build, and we've had a couple of repeat customers who've come back and donated fairly large sums to our town fund. And one player even spent a couple of days building for us. You know why? Because we treat them with the same respect and courtesy that we would show them if this were a real town. We don't kick people out after they've had time to shop. We allow them to stay until they're ready to leave. And if they are passing through our area again later, we'll send them another invite so they can crash in our hotel for free. I'd much rather be respected for my good sportsmanship and friendly attitude than because I'm the top ranked town in the World. We are more than happy with growing our community at a steady pace and actually enjoying the game. I get up and go to work to work. I log in here to play. I don't want to have to work so hard to manage a make-believe town. But again, to each his own. Personally, I prefer the roll playing aspects of the game to the Sim City aspects. And I actually enjoy helping people to get a little more enjoyment out of this game.

DeletedUser

I say create your own Conditions and Rules about your Town, and have a great leadership.

It will be the Town Residents decision, whether to follow you or not!!!

DeletedUser

Town rotation can work and work well, but only if all players are informed beforehand that such is the policy.

Our town was a little different because a group of 20 or so of us all started around the same time, obviously a new town cannot hold that many people so we agreed from the beginning to rotate members out to maximize cash flow and building abilities, while working on hotel and residences first. We now have plenty of room for the entire group to have permanent residence in the town. This was a win-win situation for all of us, but again we were friends long before we ever joined this game. We also talk outside of the game, on Skype, so if someone needed an invite back, it was a matter of moments rather than hours/days to get that taken care of. We're not the biggest but we're loyal and I think that's more important than size and numbers any day.

The original poster on this thread had the right idea, to warn new people that some towns were using the rotation philosophy without warning, and to be careful when joining a town if you don't know the people there. Just remember that just because a town may now or previously have used rotation, it does not necessarily mean the town has bad leadership. Use your intelligence and discover the reason for the use of rotation, the availability of founders/council to issue invites, if a minimum donation is required when given an invite, etc. Information is power.

DeletedUser

Well said, Usti :)

But with the ban/block-out times of re-joining right now in place, rotation might be just a bit more tricky with the new worlds.

DeletedUser

Don't forget the outsider whom happened to start close by :p

ANyways, nicely put Usti.

DeletedUser4513

interesting

First, let me explain to you what a town is. A town is a group of people - first builders, then builders, soldiers, and duelists, who joined the town to sleep in the hotel for free and to buy things cheaper. In exchange for that, they donate as much money as they can to the town to make it bigger and stronger.

Now, there is a policy town owners have been implementing, called 'rotation'. I don't know about you, but for me rotation doesn't exactly mean what they should have called it, and that is betrayal. They invite people, make them donate until they are broke, and then kick them out until they make some more money. Now I won't argue with people who already made up their mind about the issue. I am not here to protest against 'unfairness', because there is no such thing in life anyway. I write this to warn people before joining a town - think twice. There is plenty of towns out there, and I am pretty sure there is at least one honest mayor among them. If you are not against the rotation - go ahead, join a wealthy town and spin! If you are, however, make sure that the town that is accepting you doesn't have this policy. It may take longer to build, but at least it's members will have something to rely on. And town owners, maybe it is more profitable to have a lot of members and rotate them, but I say get your max member count to the number of members or don't build a town at all.

~Hank
i'm a fairly new player.always did appreciate honesty
thanks

DeletedUser

The only people I kick from my town are those who refuse to donate.