1 man towns

DeletedUser5046

thank's again...it would be a very big help...(but im struggling at telegraphing other players too:eek:)

DeletedUser1105

Just click on a players name (either in the 'residents' list of town halls or on the 'rankings'), then click 'write' to send a telegram.

Or compose a new telegram and just type the players name in the to field.

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with a 1 man town. I am the only member of my town, ClearWater Valley in world 2. I am level 11 and have earned probably about $1000 so far. and am at 67% at building my first general store. This game is still in beta (1-2 months old) There is a benefit economically for building a town, general store, hotel, tailor, gunsmith, it increases your income greatly later on. Every town is built by 1 man or 1 woman in the beginning.

you have to have a strong foundation, economy and offer something that other towns do not have in order to be successful. I'm more of a worker like building or jobs, selling, trading etc. Of course this game will be updated with new features like hopefully a sheriff and soldiers to protect the town later on and hopefully if the town only has 1 member they should be able to hire sheriff or soldiers to protect the town. In reality as of right now every member will probably make a town just to make some money, since theres no cash benefits for being a member, except for getting to stay in a hotel for free or less then what others would pay, or a bank, etc.

Once this game updates, adds trading or transporting from town to town, perhaps a train connecting 1 town to another town, this game would be much more better. I don't see the admin adding an option of players being able to attack a town due to the fact of the non violent classes (workers, etc) in the game. infact if they built something without an option of defense hiring a sheriff or soldiers to protect the town, etc i would probably quit playing this game. I play the game because of the many peaceful options in the game. Now I probably will recruit more members when I offer something that other towns do not have, and the game has a new update that benefits towns, trading, transporting,selling selected items at general store contracts, etc

that is my thoughts on this.

DeletedUser1105

Yeah, the oldest server (the german one) is still less than a year old. Its not doing too badly for a new game in beta is it?

DeletedUser

It's a really good work in progress.
The balance of the various jobs and quests is excellant.
One has to hope that there is a listening ear to some of the suggestions made on this forum.
However there is, sadly, precious little sign of it.
For a game in beta it is hideously expensive to play.
One man towns aren't really the issue, inactive players not being deleted and replaced with new ones is the real problem. Despite monkey optimism this is not actually being done, it would have happened by now if it was going to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Monkey optimism, I like it.

I do actually believe the purge is coming.

(Do I sound like a religious nut? THE END IS NIGH! JUDGEMENT DAY IS UPON US!)

Gem (our friendly moderator) has access to a forum the developers use. She has mentioned previously that she has seen them discussing some of the ideas that have been brought up over here.

This could be a coincidence, and they thought of the ideas too, but it is an encouraging sign.

However, I do agree that a little feedback occaisionally from above would be helpful. If only to tell us what ideas they no longer wish to hear and will never implement. AQnd maybe point us in the direction of the area they wish to improve next.

DeletedUser

Ok that's good to know. and yes it would be really helpful so we don't waste our time about things that have already been decided. There was a big greenhorn debate, when the matter was already about to change.

DeletedUser5046

speaking of greenhorn...where can i decide to change my job since ive been lvl 12 and im thiking of having a better job than a green horn^^

DeletedUser

on the character page it's the circle with all the people on it in the upper right

DeletedUser1105

Yes, I agree. It's a waste of time and effort posting ideas that the developers have already worked on.

DeletedUser

same here:bandit:
how did that 1 member leave? I invited one and he says he's not able 2 leave since he's the only member. Also same response came from ingame support. "You cannot leave the town if you are the only member"

DeletedUser

Its not against the rules

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. this is a team game and meant to be played with other people not by yourself.

DeletedUser1105

How is it a team game?

It is an RPG. If you wish to role play as a loner, then so be it. You do not HAVE to join forces with anyone else.

Some people like their own company. So be it.

DeletedUser5046

How is it a team game?

It is an RPG. If you wish to role play as a loner, then so be it. You do not HAVE to join forces with anyone else.

Some people like their own company. So be it.

i agree...you always forgot this is only a game...made for fun...

this is an RPG and doesnt require you to be in a town. its your choice if you want to join them...its always your choice here actually.

DeletedUser

Choice is good. Persistance of consequence of choice is also good.