Rebalance jobs based on single skill vs dual skills

• Thread starter DeletedUser3741
  • Start date

DeletedUser3741

Currently dual skills essentially dominate this game, and single skill builds are the only practical way to play, players who decide to do other wise are practically shunned and insulted.

I suggest Re-balancing the jobs to fix this

I noticed that most jobs are balanced based on difficulty, so you wouldnt have to really change values merely what they require

Any job that needs dual skills (or even triple skills) will be changed to be more versatile

Note what I mean by dual skills is
Example - Building Railroad station requires Construction, Construction, Fine Motor, Repairing, Leadership

Since it requires Construction twice, its a dual skill job

Players level too fast and max out their towns even faster because of rapidly reaching the final few jobs

I wont bother posting here what each job should now be changed to, since this would be an insanely major overhaul to the entire game and would probably require careful balancing. Note It doesnt matter what other players post in this case, theres 2 ways to balance the game, and thats either to seriously increase the difficulty of the double jobs, but that will cause new players to not even be able to see double jobs unless they gun it like how the 'pros' are currently doing, or this this I suggested. This thread is merely for the mods to see

DeletedUser

Idea is worthy, I've been wondering if this game was entirely designed for trappers and duelers. But then, too much to consider.

DeletedUser1105

I like the idea, but who is going to spend the time trying to balance that out?

DeletedUser

it would be completely unfair to those whose characters are based around dual skilled jobs so i suggest it should be started in world 6 or 7 so everyone would have an equal opportunity in the dual skill edited world

DeletedUser

I thought they'd make changes with the job updates coming in v1.14 to reduce the double skill jobs ... BUT of the new new higher difficluty jobs that are coming (eventually) about half of them are double skill jobs.... go figure.

It doesn't make sense that they've been trying to slow down leveling and yet keep so many high double skill jobs, but whatever.

ps if you have high Leadership you're going to be very happy when we get the new new jobs.

DeletedUser3741

the proposed changes that were on the forums was a bad joke

some of the biggest offenders of imba double jobs were untouched, and some of the borderline impossible single jobs received an insanely high increase, the last job actually did become impossible to do without items (i think i needed level 105 pure to reach it)

it doesnt look like they bothered to see what the problem really was, all they did was add a bunch of more to the requirement randomly

DeletedUser

Problem is that adding difficulty is fair but changing jobs would be unfair to those who planned their character to reach some jobs. Why should I pay enormous amount of gold to change my skills?

DeletedUser

Solution;
One time free "respecc" of points after major changes have been made.

This is beta after all, things like that can be done.

DeletedUser3741

well it would still have the skill you focused on, but it just wont be there twice

DeletedUser

this is a worthy idea, but it would have to be implemented seperately, in world 6 or 7 like imaloser stated. otherwise you destroy a lot of peoples ability to play. i think a free respecc would be abused by some people.

DeletedUser

and i wouldnt mind trying to reform these, because it fits into my idea about all skills having two roles. both ideas in their entirety aim for true balance, which the game should have.

DeletedUser

I kind of like this idea..... and it would deffinetly lengthen the game a lot... but even those with dual or tripple skill icons you would need to find a way to make the skill you replace it with make SENSE not like you could take one of the constructions off building bridges and replace it with trapping or horseback riding

DeletedUser

no but you could replace it with vigor or stamina or tactics or something to that degree. beaver hunting could be trapping swimming hiding and such

DeletedUser3741

I kind of like this idea..... and it would deffinetly lengthen the game a lot... but even those with dual or tripple skill icons you would need to find a way to make the skill you replace it with make SENSE not like you could take one of the constructions off building bridges and replace it with trapping or horseback riding

Agreed which is why severe rebalancing is needed, and why I didnt even bother to propose any

not only would it need to make sense but it would have to use skills a near equal amount of times, and correlate with what the skills intentions originally were

DeletedUser

no but you could replace it with vigor or stamina or tactics or something to that degree. beaver hunting could be trapping swimming hiding and such

Actually no you can't... Cause then you could STILL single attrib/skill up to the job WAY too fast

you need to find a way to BALANCE the jobs to allow for builds without making any one attrib group to " lead the pack"

a 300 difficulty job with 4 red and a green would be a joke to for instance a builder

DeletedUser

^^^Funny you make that example !

One of the good new jobs is 4 reds at 152 difficulty and another new job at 220 difficulty is 3 reds - 2 of the reds are "construction" !

DeletedUser

Off topic: where are you guys getting the ifo for the new skills?

On Topic:I like this idea after all ballence cant be a bad thing.

DeletedUser

i dont have a problem with 4 reds or 3 greens as a requirement for a job. you only get 1 skill point per level. the imbalance comes from certain skills being used in too many jobs while some skills are barely used at all. there needs to be a balance between jobs that require a strength in an attribute base, jobs that require a variety of skills from different attribute bases, and jobs that focus on 2 attributes. none of them should really have multiples of single skills, but i see no problem in a job needing construction vigor and stamina. balance doesnt mean every job has to have a skill from a red a blue a green and a yellow. that just gets tedious and too hard.

DeletedUser3741

Agreed, it wouldnt even be a problem for a job to only have all of 1 color, since attributes are only 1 per level, it would just mean the job is easier to do then others and should be balanced accordingly, just like how jobs with higher danger tend to have better pay off for roughly same difficulty