Language rule change

See thread

• Total voters

DeletedUser

IF YOU VOTE NO, IT MEANS YOU CAN'T SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE IN YOUR TOWN FORUM.

So if you support some other town folks using foreign language in their own town forum, VOTE YES. Trying to make this voting system difficult to understand for foreigners?

for sina voted no. Well, there you go Morty, you got one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As did I and that should make up for for sina misunderstanding the voting.

MFRavenhawk

While there is nothing prohibiting players from joining the other-language versions of the West, the fact remains, this IS the ENGLISH language version.

Since English is the language of this version, ALL business should be conducted in that language.

I vote NO.

DeletedUser

While there is nothing prohibiting players from joining the other-language versions of the West, the fact remains, this IS the ENGLISH language version.

Since English is the language of this version, ALL business should be conducted in that language.

I vote NO.

There are no The West my friends' native language. I vote YES.

People do not write in a forgein language because they don't want others to understand it; they do it because their English is horrible.
I can send a copy of our town forum to anyone interested, which is full with machine-translated Engrish.

DeletedUser

COME on my friends.. Increase Your english skill ! Use google translate or something

I vote yes

DeletedUser

No. On two levels. The shallowest one is for myself, I enjoy being able to talk to anyone in the game, so I'd rather it and its players stayed speaking English.

On the deeper level, everyone has to consider that The West probably doesn't have the resources to filter through dozens of separate languages in order to ensure the rules aren't broken. Also mixing languages in a game usually ends up pretty badly. They should feel free to join The West in their own language, instead of ours.
Its not any disrespect to any foreigners, but merely looking out for myself and the game.

DeletedUser

yes

i vote yes but maybe if they want to post in another langauge post the thread in english so everyone knows what its about or write a translation.:)

DeletedUser3773

I vote yes on basis that the foreign language forum would have rough translations in the English side and vice versa such that there are not 2 separate forums going on
having rough translations would allow town members to on both sides of language barrier communicate easily

DeletedUser

I voted Yes.

I don't think anyone is surprised by that ;)

I am very glad that The ommunity Manager listen to us, it shows me that this game might be worth playing after all.

DeletedUser

I think let them talk their own languages. Except maybe when telegraming players that could just get confusing, i've had some weird telegrams but in their own town with other people that speak their language is fine.

DeletedUser

Another example of over-moderation in fringe-need areas while real problems are glazed over.

DeletedUser

I suggest a single change to the amendment to also allow use of said language in the town description, if an English translation is also provided.

DeletedUser

I voted yes, though the whole new "rule" bla bla remains a hoax in general .

DeletedUser

Yes for the Free

No is mean only one language should be in the world

DeletedUser

My first impression of this "rule" is: Woow! If you dont speak English, move you ass out of here!
To be frank, as a non-native English speaker, I cant help not being offended. It just stinks like racism. If this is going to be an official rule, I will quit.

I do not vote, because I believe people (including game master, admin or whoever made this rule) know what is right and what is wrong, just use common sense!

DeletedUser

I voted no for one simple reason, it is impossible to ensure all information is available to all members if multiple languages are used. Even if a town has English forum and forum in another language, things might only get posted in the language most the town members use, leaving others out.

If that's your fears about the town you're in, go find another.

I'm talking on behalf of about 90% of the Danes on this (I believe), when saying that if a foreigner who doesn't understand Danish is invited to the town, they'd change the activity into being English instead, at least the key posts and such.

We've seen it happend at other places, like Travian, and it ain't that hard when it's something you do of your free will.

DeletedUser

Yes, because we cant let the admins suppress our diversity completely!

DeletedUser

I'm voting "yes".

I believe that keeping this game English-only will serve to exclude many whose language doesn't have its own server. Why deny them the fun?

If the issue is simply policing forum rules, the the answer for the mods is the same that has been cited for foreigners here: use an online translator.

:indian:

DeletedUser

According to our admins, this is an ENGLISH server. So some of us Americans are left out in the cold. I speak American, not English. :p

I am in a large tribe in Tribal Wars. Our entire forum is in English. The only exception is forum that is for other languages. The title of each different thread is the language being spoken within the thread. And that is the only section of the forum where foreign languages are spoken.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with there being a section of the town's forum being in another language as long as their primary forum is in English.

And there is nothing wrong with two players exchanging telegrams in another language provided both players understand the language being used.

But here's the kicker that everyone is trying to ignore. Like I said at the beginning, this is an English server. English is the primary language. English is becoming the Universal language for the planet, whether people like it or not. So if you are uncomfortable speaking English and are unwilling to try, then I suggest you go elsewhere.

Now, for the Admin's comments about not being able to understand foreign languages. If the Admins are unwilling to find moderators who understand foreign languages or are unable to utilize translation software, they are unworthy of being moderators. There is a solution for anything if you are willing to look hard enough.

All that being said, my vote was "yes." I am unwilling to punish people who are more comfortable speaking a language other than English. But they must at least have a rudimentary understanding of English to be able to follow game rules.