• I would love to see this on the game.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I deem this rasist, I say no strongly.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's racist in the slightest, to lynch is just to hang from a tree.
That said I think the idea's pritty poor

Mad John said:
so unless you're an informed US citizen
A what?

DeletedUser

Sorry, starting editing before Indian posted.

Well I'm not in the states, your election has given way to the financial meltdown in our media so I'm not that up on it, we get a broad picture. I doubt all gun owners are insulted, many will see his sticky situation, caught between constituencys.

DeletedUser

Yes, your evidence is conclusive
I could give hundreds of examples where the media took not just a leftist slant, but was an out and out shill for the BO campaign. Even when they were going after BO (Reverend Wright for example) it was MONTHS too late to be considered an attack from the right media.

There is one "Right wing" TV station, every other TV station is left leaning if not downright liberal. Granted Talk radio is dominated by right wing hosts, but even in Radio there are far more hours a day of liberal radio shows then of right wing TV shows.

To say the media in America is right wing is laughable. This is simply not true.
[/b]

DeletedUser

why do so many people get off topic? How did a simple discussion go so RACIST?

DeletedUser

Battleax wants this back on topic. Even if there's no racism involved in this lynching, I still don't see anything fun about hanging anyone from a tree.

DeletedUser

If people post more posts like the one above, The West will soon become The West Civil War.

DeletedUser

The general idea has some merit . May haps We call "Railed" , as in "run out of town on a rail" . This was often done to petty criminals and rabble rouser's . This would still represent the "gang violence" with out the incitement of an "offensive" word . To My mind it also represent the "mugging" aspect of the concept better .

If the earlier posts upset You don't read the next bit .
Sorry about being a late comer .
KKK not always racist , past 1930's they were terrorist .
Lynching , mob justice long before it became a terrorist weapon .
CSA invaded and occupied .

DeletedUser

Ok well then to keep it from becoming racist, call it public hangings. This would go well with the sheriff in town. If you are caught of a crime in a town and tried by a judge, if found guilty then you would be hung in the town of the judging. This could also open up a new building, such as a jail, court house, as well as a galoes. So it has potential if it is done in the right manner and keeps with the traditions of the old west. I look forward to comments and debates on this thread.

DeletedUser1865

I dont think it would be fun either. plus, you dont come back to life after being lynched.

DeletedUser

Alright the problem with calling it Lynching as its been said is thats assoceated with the Clan and over all violence to the black population at large. the word itself obviously isent racist but it carries the sybolisim the same way the confederate battle flag does. Therefore i would suggest calling it Vigilantism instead

DeletedUser

Say what?

If there is any such "symbolism" attached to the Confederate battle flag it is due solely to the misappropriation of that symbol by the Klan and various other extremist groups. The suggestion that the flag itself is some kind of racist icon is nothing more or less than nonsensical.

DeletedUser2708

I'd like to restrict voting for the option "I deem this racist" to African-American players only. (Let's leave the liberals with "white guilt" issues out of the equation.)

DeletedUser2708

Noah Fence

You really don't know anything. It does not always involve an angry drunken mob. Most of the time, they were as sober as they could be. So as not to make an mess ups.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, does not make them stupid or evil.

Also, would you please post all that evidence you clearly have of the blood-alcohol level of people in the nineteenth century? :nowink:

DeletedUser2708

Battleax wants this back on topic. Even if there's no racism involved in this lynching, I still don't see anything fun about hanging anyone from a tree.

But do you see fun in dueling someone to the point of being a griefer? ;)

Regardless, sounds like a bad idea from a gameplay standpoint, anyway.

DeletedUser2708

I have WAY too much time on my hands today, lol. My apologies to the entire community.

DeletedUser

people assume 'lynch' is just hanging someone, this is mostly because of how American slang has imposed this.

The term or definition for lynch is basically being severely beaten in some way or another, being mugged could be a side-effect of such an action.

Lynch should not just be assumed that someone is hung or, even so, killed. (Even thought most the time someone got 'lynched' they died)

DeletedUser1865

people assume 'lynch' is just hanging someone, this is mostly because of how American slang has imposed this.

The term or definition for lynch is basically being severely beaten in some way or another, being mugged could be a side-effect of such an action.

Lynch should not just be assumed that someone is hung or, even so, killed. (Even thought most the time someone got 'lynched' they died)

Lynching is the illegal execution of an accused person by a mob (lynch mob). It was intended to kill the person fur justice. The term lynching derived from the name Charles Lynch (1736-96), a justice of the peace who administered rough justice in Virginia. Lynching was originally a system of punishment used by whites against African American slaves. Although not only african americans were lynched.

Lynching and Hanging is different Lynching is done without the law involved, where as hanging involve a trial and conviction. Lynching is because a bunch of people got angry and decided to kill a person whether they knew he was guilty or not, they didnt care.

Before charles lynch, it was not called lynching. But still it was not limited to being hung from a tree, people were beaten for hours and set on fire. history has given this term a negative meaning, and it should not be taken lightly. it is negative pretty much everywhere. For example

In India, lynchings generally reflect tensions between numerous ethnic groups and castes in the country. Typically, lynchings involve upper-caste members attacking lower caste members. However, recent examples include the Kherlanji massacre, where low castes were lynched by other low castes. India has a large scale affirmative action programme for the emancipation of the lower castes. Sociologists and social scientists reject the identification of caste with racial discrimination and attribute it to intra-racial ethno-cultural conflict.

In South Africa, lynching or necklacing is a term used to describe the torture and execution of victims by igniting (or burning) a rubber, kerosene-filled, tire that has been forced around the victim's chest and arms. Necklacing was used to punish numerous victims, including children, who were alleged to be traitors to the black liberation movement as well as relatives and associates of the offenders

Now why on earth would be want anything like this to be a part of our game it is not just americans it is negative all over the world. Now had the poster said public hangings or just hangings it would be different. but he said lynching which is completely different.

DeletedUser

Because the initial idea was to have a form of "mob justice" . What he was describing was a "lynching".
It is a truly silly thing to have in the game . You should not be able to gang rob other players .

Status
Not open for further replies.