Invitation Fee

DeletedUser3741

I suggest that to invite someone to your town you need to pay 10$ per invite

DeletedUser

40$ would be even better

But then you wouldn't be able to rotate people, Talamare :p

DeletedUser

Certainly a good idea to nick cheaters in the bud. $40-50 would definatly be better. $10 is simply too easy to get and it won't discourage it at all. It would represent the costs of preparing shelter in the local inn

DeletedUser

10$ would deter people from Rotating so heavily because once someone wants back in for a rest and to sell items that's 10$ for them, then kick them and then re-invite the person kicked for them, another 10$. Multiply that by the possible douzens of invites and kicks and you have a rotation upkeep that deters smaller towns from exploiting new/low level players for the sake of 'rapid' growth.

DeletedUser

how about 10.00 for the frist invite and if the same person get invited agian to same town its 50.00 . that way its cheap for the people not cheating and will only hurt the others..

DeletedUser

I dont like this idea because if somebody refuse the gold is gone :O

DeletedUser

i like the idea but i think it should be when someone joins the town they have to pay. also 10 is not enough it should be more if it could be made to get bigger when some one joins the same town lots say going up by 10$.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. I think there is too much joing a town cos its there, and inviting people because they have cash at the time then kicking them out. this would make both parties think more about which town to settle down in and make an allegiance with.

LOYALTY folks. It's all about loyalty.

DeletedUser3741

10$ would deter people from Rotating so heavily because once someone wants back in for a rest and to sell items that's 10$ for them, then kick them and then re-invite the person kicked for them, another 10$. Multiply that by the possible douzens of invites and kicks and you have a rotation upkeep that deters smaller towns from exploiting new/low level players for the sake of 'rapid' growth.

Exactly, A small amount that would deter but not make it impossible to rotate

Also 10$ adds up fast, some towns that rotate can rotate people 10-20x per day, Which easily adds.

DeletedUser

if you charge people to join your town they will just think no way i will just find a different town, so i think you shouldn't put a fee on joining a town.

DeletedUser

if you charge people to join your town they will just think no way i will just find a different town, so i think you shouldn't put a fee on joining a town.

You misunderstood the topic. They mean, the person that INVITES the player has to pay a fee. So lets say I want to invite you. I have to pay 10 dollars to the GAME to invite you. (P.S. Even though u misunderstood, if your not willing to pay 10 dollars to join a town then shame on you! All players need to donate for towns to be successful!)

DeletedUser

Crikey, recruitment is hard enough!
At $10 it would be so insignificant as to be a waste of developer time doing the change.

DeletedUser

Charge everytime you kick a person rather then invite. Charge their personal savings if they leave. That would stop the rotating I think.

DeletedUser

debateably off-topic... but to prevent rotating, why not just make it so a player can only leave & join one town per week. That would cripple anyones rotation system, in fact would be funny to see some of those pointwhoring towns not be warned about the update, and be denied dozens of their best members for a week :p

but any fee for inviting players, wether it be $10 or even higher, could work IMO, would at least stop all those spam recruits all the high level players probably get daily.

DeletedUser

OK i see what you mean. I've not really encountered this rotation business. Whenever players have to do something long-winded and tedious to exploit an opportunity in the game that is a gameflaw. Same as the whole joing to buy an item cheaper business.

DeletedUser

:nowink:
Crikey, recruitment is hard enough!
At $10 it would be so insignificant as to be a waste of developer time doing the change.

No, actually it wouldn't. The 'ripple' effect and the constant joining/leaving would be enough for towns to think about the costs of doing this point-whoring. Its not cheating. Its a part of the game so you cant say its a cheat.

Have the town 'INVEST' by costing $10 per invite, hell make it $25. You ONLY get 5 per residency ANYWAYS. It's not like you will be spending THAT much money to invite people. If the town grows the way it is INTENDED, this is pennies on the dollar. If everyone constantly inputs to the Treasury, the council would hardley feel $25 here, $25 there. Investments.
But if the town invites, kicks, invites, kicks, then they are spending more than the person is really raking in.
As far as joining, simply increase the time to join a NEW town after leaving, exponentially to where its very difficult to keep a constant rotation.
Good topic, very simple/basic, why not impliment it...unless you're against playing the way you SHOULD play.

And no matter what town you go to, you have to pay. So its not like one town you go 'Oh geez, its $10. Ill go somewhere else". Maybe you'll do some research, look at the players, town, points, see if they seem to be a well established town.