Proposal- Dueling (random target)

DeletedUser

I know this has been suggested before, and was actually surprised when I didn't find it on Gem's list of over suggested ideas.

Summary- allow 6th choice of target, random, on dueling screen

cost- moderate [rewrite parts of dueling interface, adjust dueling picture on said interface, redo dueling help page, and translations of dueling help page]

Benefit- casual players would not find people challenging them repeatedly to spy out their dueling pattern. Obsessed (?) players would not have to adjust their patterns after every duel, to prevent people from learning their dueling patterns.

Cons-Multi-accounts would have an easier time adjusting their dueling patterns [not much of a con, and not really an issue, since they aren't allowed anyway]. Extra random calculation may increase processing [with all the other random factors, probably not an issue]

Currently, the dueling page lets you choose 1 of 5 targets [left arm, left shoulder, head, right shoulder, right arm]. A sixth target spot would be placed (perhaps above or below the belt?). Clicking that spot would mean a random target is selected. I leave it to the programmers, whether it is easier to make it the same random spot in both rounds #1 & #5, for example. Since some of the quest duels seem to have random targets, there should already be a subroutine in place.

DeletedUser

Nice idea. The option for random target and random dodging should be introduced. Its also help when you are being dueled by the same guy when you offline. They cant see your dodging pattern.

DeletedUser

its a nice idea i like it:)

You could just sleep.
it can also be used by people that are not able to get online for a day or two.

or if you sleep for more then 8 hours in RL

DeletedUser

You could sleep twice OR if you wanted a big break just leave the town temporarily

DeletedUser

what if you were a town founder then?

he cant leave, and i sure dont trust people to give them the the titel founder then leave and expect him to invite me back and give me back my powers to.

but this is off topic.

insted tell why you dont like this idea?

DeletedUser2708

By the way, why can't we shoot someone in the legs or belly? One of the first lessons with firearms is to aim for the central body mass, the torso. It's the easiest to hit. Why are we limited to targeting wrists, shoulders and the head?

DeletedUser

I don't think that you should be entirely able to avoid someone learning about your duelling patterns just by clicking a button. it ought to involve more thought than that.

DeletedUser

I don't think that you should be entirely able to avoid someone learning about your duelling patterns just by clicking a button. it ought to involve more thought than that.

you can be right in that. but people that is duelers change it all the time anyway.

and this whould be a good way for people that are not online that much or people that dont whant to focus on duels to avoid multi attacking on them just cuz they are an easy target.

DeletedUser

An easy target will still be an easy target, regardles of this "random-button" or not.

DeletedUser

yes they will.

but this will help them a little so they dont get to easy.

if you find out how a person evaid then you will hit him twise as much.
and if you find out were hes shorts land then he will miss twise as much.

and then he will be a very easy target.

this will help the small guy out a little.

and the big dulers always change were they hit and how to avoid shots so not much is change there.

DeletedUser

Well, if the "big guys" always change theirs, won't this mean they will hit their easy victims randomly anyways?

I doubt many bother to completely customize their targeting to fit analyzis of that easy to bully builder. Honestly.

DeletedUser

I dunno, this changes the gameplay of the game. With the current dueling options if a player doesn't change their settings then others can catch on and adjust their tactics. If you have a random setting, then there would be no point in having the other options at all. Why not just make them all random?

It takes the "skill" of knowing a dueler's tendency out of the game.

DeletedUser

i can see you point in that MF.

this might be a bad idea after all.