• Quigley Down Under

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other (see my post)

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • i hate westerns.

Votes: 10 12.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser6359

The Good the Bad and the Ugly my favorite bar none, other noteworthy entries include:

Once Upon a Time in the West
High Plains Drifter
The Gun Fighter
Two Mules For Sister Sarah

DeletedUser

No one's mentioned my all time favorite: High Noon

Can I shoot the ones that have me humming "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" even though Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is another great western.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My favorite would be High Plains Drifter with Clint Eastwood ... That do count in Western Movie , right??

DeletedUser

Ok, like u said, I agree :D btw you could be a little less sarcastic, you know :D

DeletedUser

As an Englishman I have the god-given right to be sarcastic. Yes it IS a great film:)

DeletedUser

How can anyone name a favorite given how many good ones there are out there. Even some of the spaghetti westerns are great if you're in the right mood.

DeletedUser

Dances with Wolves was at the top until I recently watched Open Range. Anyone liked that one? Kevin Costner, Robert Duvall, and Annette Bening are amazing together. oh and the doctor's house and scenic views are just too beauitful for words. lol. *sigh*:eek:

DeletedUser

I only picked from the listed. I can't believe the one I like has so few votes...

DeletedUser

The Outlaw Josey Wales is the best!

My funny picks are "Support your local sheriff" and "Goin' South". Both are very very funny!

DeletedUser

Maybe I am old and weird for MMPOG's (57 last November) but one of my all time favorites was Paint Your Wagon. One of the few musicals I ever enjoyed. Imagine Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin, etc singing??

The Villain was also a nice twist on westerns. Kirk Douglas is the villain with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the "Handsome Stranger" and Ann Margaret as the .......? One of the few total comedy westerns.

To actually declare a favorite or best is tough for me since I lived through the era of great TV westerns; Maverick, Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, Bronco, Bonanza, The Lawman, Yancy Derringer, etc etc....

DeletedUser

I cant believe you didn't put The Good The Bad and The Ugly up there...
For a dollar more
3:10 to Yuma (remade 2005)

Nice

DeletedUser

none of the above,imo back to the future 3,never seen any of the above posts

DeletedUser

Well

this isnt a western movie but shows my fav
is Bonanza and Bat masterson
He wore a cane and Durby hat
they call him Bat, Bat Masterson