Alternative to Dueling

DeletedUser

Here's a thought. How about a special job area, say, battleground or something. Anyone may take a job at the "battleground", and the job pays out very well with very high money, and luck with medium danger, and uses mostly worker and adventurer skills for labor points. The battleground would have a pop up menu and a signpost like a town. Anyone who has traveled to the battlefield may duel and be dueled (almost) freely right there, without traveling to towns. Anyone who loses a duel in the battleground would lose 1/2 of their money and end up at the nearest town or their home town.

Some kind of regulating would obviously have to be incorporated such as dueling motivation lowering much faster to create an effective limit of duels, or making someone who is dueled recently unavailable to duel for a while. There would also have to be a level limit, but much higher then just three levels. This could solve a lot of problems with dueling, anyone working there would be working with full consent to being attacked, and duelers there would make quite a sum if successful. Players would have to mutually agree on duels if they are not in the battleground, and there would be about 3-4 battlegrounds for each vector of the map.

DeletedUser

Nope I prefer the current system.

We already have block-out periods where folks can't be dueled ie when they are asleep (and that is like EIGHT hours :p)

Besides, when town shootouts are implemented, they would be "mobile" versions of battlegrounds as you have described above, no? :)

DeletedUser1105

Why would you willingly work somewhere you may be duelled if you are a worker without good duelling skills?

And even if you were silly enough to do that, who would work there with a load of money in their pocket?

DeletedUser

You deposit all your money, go work there, and if you manage to hold off the slew of duelers, you make a lot of money. If you don't the duelers make money from the lots of money you were supposed to make. It would require a balance of worker and dueling skills.

DeletedUser1105

I'm not sure it would work. I can't see that many workers willingly going somewhere where there are going to be a LOT of duellers, just waiting to highjack you.

DeletedUser

Of course, the motivation for doing so would have to get strong enough. Personally, as a soldier I would gladly go where people are waiting to tear me to shreds. :)