balanced gaming and character customization

DeletedUser

These are the proposals i make to balance combat and non combat players, as well as add more variety to your character creation.

SKILL ADDITIONS:

trapping - should allow you to start a duel with a hit on your opponent if they challenged you. like they walked through your trap, if your trapping is higher than their health skill.

health - offsets trapping challenge.

stamina - lowers energy used during an hour of work. slightly.

trading - lowers prices of merchants in town, or lets you get more for your items.

aiming- add some jobs with it.

hiding- can allow you to not be seen for dueling purposes if high enough. see above post.

fine motor skills - slightly raises your chance of finding products on jobs. (those steaks didnt magically appear, your character stole them. i think this makes sense)

swimming increases the energy you recover while sleeping.

animal instinct increases chance of finding luck item on job.

this gives every skill a secondary use, allowing for more specialized characters.

i think class additions and modifications should be made to reflect a specialized sense of purpose and goal:

GREENHORN:
cannot duel and cannot be dueled. this should be re-instated and allowed to be a valid character class.

ADVENTURER:
10% exp bonus when finishing a quest
20% bonus of finding product
15% bonus of finding random item
sleep in hotels for free up to level 2

DUELER:
10% exp bonus from a duel
10% money bonus from duel
15% speed bonus on map
20% motivation for dueling

WORKER:
10% exp bonus to working on town buildings
10% labor points bonus when in town
15% less money spent per hour of work on town
20% motivation increase for building in town

SOLDIER:
10% exp bonus when doing a job
weapon requirements reduced by 3 levels
5 health bonus per used skill in health
tactics raised 40% when dueling

I also propose a quest at level 20 that will allow you to change your class once during the game for a decent sum of money. this wouldnt be something you could hold onto and use when you saw fit, it would only be available to players level 20-24, would require a money deposit to start, and once completing the quest you get a one time option to change your class. if you dont use it, its gone forever.

all of these things, in my opinion, add to the players want to give more personality to his character, and be able to really flesh out the details of the rpg.

DeletedUser

I think the swimming makes no sense at all!Increase energy while sleeping? Also, the stamina, not much people will train it since it wont be used for much jobs causing it not to be that very useful.

DeletedUser

Some of the bonuses you suggest dont make sense . Although i think the concept is interesting i would make some changes

Toughness to offset traping instead of health

Horseback riding increases your chance of finding products (think lucky horse shoe)

Vigor increases energy recovery when you sleep-the more vigorus you work the harder you sleep

I would also suggest

Apearrence Increases pay

Fine motor skills reduces danger

DeletedUser

ok you guys dont understand why these were picked. toughness already has a secondary value in dueling. these skills are only used for jobs at the moment, and each skill should have more than one value upon it. your toughness should not be more important than my aiming or hiding.

horseback riding already increases your speed, vigor is used in dueling, appearance used in dueling, and fine motor skills is for raising product chance. it makes more sense than reducing danger. i dont even know what you mean by reducing danger. what kind of danger?? reduce it how??

and if you think swimming doesnt make any sense to raise energy while sleeping, well, you come up with a better secondary value for swimming!

DeletedUser

I cant think of an idea for swimming except increases hp regen since swimming techincally makes you fit so you should hp regen faster. xD

DeletedUser

Well, if anything should increase your health and energy regeneration it must be stamina.

Anyways, I don't like this idea. It doesn't seem balaned.

DeletedUser

The danger they refer to is the risk of injury at a job .
The only thing here i really like is the class change , but there was another thread for that .

DeletedUser

Roadmap to sexyness

im pretty sure this idea has been thought of before but i do like the idea though the suggestions you make some of them make no sense at all

DeletedUser

*sigh* You asked for it.... here goes...

trapping - should allow you to start a duel with a hit on your opponent if they challenged you. like they walked through your trap, if your trapping is higher than their health skill.

Why trap vs health, and why the free hit?
How much would the hit be?
What is even the intention of this?
And why health? Wouldn't reflex, or dodge, make more sense?

stamina - lowers energy used during an hour of work. slightly.
I think energy formula is sound, and doesn't need altering.

trading - lowers prices of merchants in town, or lets you get more for your items.
Lowers them by how much?
Incrases your sale price by how much?
Besides, trading is a very lucrative skill as is. It doesn't need to be further boosted. Ask anyone that has invested a good deal of points into trading.

aiming- add some jobs with it.
Sure, why not, but what kind of jobs?

hiding- can allow you to not be seen for dueling purposes if high enough. see above post.
I don't see this happening. If you are working, then you are not hiding.
You want to hide from duels, go hide in the hotel.

fine motor skills - slightly raises your chance of finding products on jobs. (those steaks didnt magically appear, your character stole them. i think this makes sense)

It is named fine motor skills, not sleigh of hand. Perhaps I got a steak for doing a good job? Also, this would favour anyone, and everyone whom invests in dexterity. Adding this to the "free hit" from setting traps hardly seems balanced.

swimming increases the energy you recover while sleeping.
Yet again, energy is fine. If any skill should increase energy regen, or health regen, it ought to be stamina.

animal instinct increases chance of finding luck item on job.
Why on earth would my luck increase if I'm good with animals?

ADVENTURER:
10% exp bonus when finishing a quest
20% bonus of finding product
15% bonus of finding random item
sleep in hotels for free up to level 2
Existing product find cahnce is 10%, wich is sufficent. If you upped it to 20%, then how on earth would it be balanced an adventurer with premium advantages get 40%?

What's with the xp bonus for the quests?

Further, 15% higher chance of finding an item.... with premium 30%.
THe adventurer as is, is very good at finding stuff.
Besides, why do you want to remove the getting hurt thing?
It's awesome.

DUELER:
10% exp bonus from a duel
10% money bonus from duel
15% speed bonus on map
20% motivation for dueling
Xp bonus, why?
Further, these changes as well as earlier, and coming changes you suggest would further unbalance premium and non-premium users.

WORKER:
10% exp bonus to working on town buildings
10% labor points bonus when in town
15% less money spent per hour of work on town
20% motivation increase for building in town

The change in where workers get their bonus xp is not good.
In the long run they will earn alot more xp from the current xp bonus, than the one you suggest. It's useless once towns are maxed out, wheras the current one applies to ALL jobs.

You basicly design this class to be void of purpose once a town is maxed.
The status quo simply is better, and more balanced.

SOLDIER:
10% exp bonus when doing a job
weapon requirements reduced by 3 levels
5 health bonus per used skill in health
tactics raised 40% when dueling
Why the bonus xp?
It doesn't make sense that a soldier should recieve 10% more xp than any other class working as, say a cowboy. Nor is it fair. It's better than current worker advantage.

I see you nerfed the tactics bonus with 10%, or 20% in the case of premium. Whilst that is a good tradeoff for the solid bonus xp, I don't agree with it.

Basicly your class changes proposes to make the diffrences between premium and non-premium users larger. The skills doesnt make much sense either.

Whilst I do agree that classes perhaps could use a tweak, and I would like to see more uses for skills, I don't think your proposal is any good in its current state.

DeletedUser

Roadmap to sexyness

Lol good job pointing out every flaw :D but really i like the idea that some skills do more than just for jobs but your way off base here bud

DeletedUser

john the point of the added values to skills is not for them to be as accurate as possible for the certain skill associated with them, or even to make sense to you. and nobody is giving you steak for doing a good job. thief:p. the point of the skill values is to give all skills a secondary value, like vigor or toughness. go read the thread "skill revamping"

and as for the character class changes, people complained about the greenhorn status, because so many people remained greenhorns because the bonuses classes got werent nearly as good as not being dueled. so to balance putting greenhorn into play, you need to give the current classes more to make it a real advantage to pick a class. if you have different ideas as to what those bonuses should be, then by all means post them. if you have different ideas as to what the skills secondary values should be, by all means post them after you read skill revamping and find the list of skills that need boosts. roadmap to sexyness really liked the idea :)

DeletedUser3741

If you want to balance the game more I would balance single skill jobs vs dual skill jobs

At the moment all jobs no matter if single vs dual are ranked the same in difficulty to rewards

So while you get a single skill job VERY late you get the same rewards as a dual skill job from much earlier

DeletedUser

well thats the thing. if every skill has two jobs to do then it wouldnt seem like a waste to spend your skill points on ... say, fine motor skills.... so that you could do that job you really wanted to do. even if you dont use it for another job for four levels, you still gain the secondary benefit. vigor is used in several jobs, and its also a dueling skill, which means if you put points into you get more bang for your buck. all skills should be on the same playing field.

DeletedUser1105

It is definately a good idea to give the skills a 2nd use. (I thionk the character class change is a different idea and needs to be kept seperate).

But, as has been pointed out, it is very difficult to balance the secondary benefits to keep the game fair.

DeletedUser1105

LOL and you called the marriage idea not a good idea

And? Because I find one idea completely ridiculous, pointless, laughable, rubbish, annoying and just plain dumb, does that mean that I cannot like any other ideas?

People have thier own opinions. I'm entitled to mine just are you are entitled to yours. All you should do though, is judge each idea on it's merits. I hope you don't reject other, good ideas because yours was not very popular.

As was mentioned in the marriage thread, if you post a serious idea then we will give it a serious response. You have not put the benefits you'd recieve for being married, you hadn't looked at how it could be abused, you hadn't mentioned how it would work when someone wanted a 'divorce', etc etc.

DeletedUser

You are sucha hypocrit.

First you bash people for not accepting the marriage idea, and for them bashing the silly idea, then you go ahead and bash a diffrent idea in a diffrent thread.

Well done Billy!

DeletedUser

No im not a hypocrite I have not bashed I just finalized my forum speach besides those quick to bash and negate others ideas should be willing to take the criticism back

DeletedUser

billy the reason the bashing started so quickly is because there have been other recent posts putting forward the marriage idea. Now how many times do expect people to politely explain their objections if you can't be bothered to read them?