General Store keeps sold items

DeletedUser

yeah i think this would open the game up and make it a lot better

DeletedUser

GREAT IDEA, i always though of it but i ddint really care much for it, all 23 other members of my town hated it so i kicked it under the carpet. i would love to see it, it wouldnt take of the lvling of your tailor too because people will not sell good stuff duh,

DeletedUser

remeber the game is still in beta phase their is a long time too go all these idea are needed, they might not do it now but when the game really comes out it could have 'your idea'

DeletedUser

I'd like to think you were right. I can't see much evidence of it though. It's a shame because the general level of ideas on here is pretty good. Compared to tribal wars where the general response to any idea was a chorus of derision.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if your town could actually do something with produce yeah and make it into something useful. It would also adress the "Shops make things out of thin air" thing that irritated me.

DeletedUser1105

NO no no no no.

Why should your store benefit for nothing?

The ONLY way it should be possible for stores to keep items sold would be if the store PAYS for those items out of the town treasury.

This brings up many problems:

1) If unrestricted, people would just sell stuff to stores and drain the treasury.
2) If restricted, people couldn't sell useless items because stores wouldn't let them.

and many many more.

DeletedUser

Which means there would have to be something that the store could sell to hopefully balance it out

Or put daily limits on what could be sold to the town.

DeletedUser1105

Exactly my point robbo. If you put limits on it, players can't sell what they want to.

If I want to sell some tobacco leaves, for instance, no store is ever going to accept them to buy because of how easy they are to get.

This idea will never be implemented by the developers.

DeletedUser

It wont work because you can just look online and see which items you will need for upcoming quests and buy them all before accepting any quest.

DeletedUser1105

I was going to point that out myself naomin. One look at the west stats and you know what is required.

DeletedUser

So if this happens, it should definitely only be items like clothing, and weapons that wouldn't give a player a shortcut to finishing a quest.

DeletedUser

First, you're talking about a large increase in the data requirements- to handle the stores inventory, you would have the equivalent of 3 more people per town (they would now have to track the number of items, instead of giving each store an endless supply).
Second, your banning people from buying quest items would make the blue bandana/black headband/green & blue indian necklace etc. quests much harder, since people already buy those. Either don't allow products to be resold, or resell everything.
Third, what price do you resell at? Do the townsman get their customary 75% discount, even on items not produced by your town?
Finally, what would you do about too inappropriate items? Would you let a level 1 tailor sell weapons? Would you let a level 3 weapon shop sell level 5 weapons?

Other than making the products available to purchase, the only real benefit I see is that you don't have to travel as far/pay as much for some items. If the designers wanted that, they wouldn't have limited the types of items in the stores in the first place...

DeletedUser1105

First, you're talking about a large increase in the data requirements- to handle the stores inventory, you would have the equivalent of 3 more people per town (they would now have to track the number of items, instead of giving each store an endless supply).
Second, your banning people from buying quest items would make the blue bandana/black headband/green & blue indian necklace etc. quests much harder, since people already buy those. Either don't allow products to be resold, or resell everything.
Third, what price do you resell at? Do the townsman get their customary 75% discount, even on items not produced by your town?
Finally, what would you do about too inappropriate items? Would you let a level 1 tailor sell weapons? Would you let a level 3 weapon shop sell level 5 weapons?

Other than making the products available to purchase, the only real benefit I see is that you don't have to travel as far/pay as much for some items. If the designers wanted that, they wouldn't have limited the types of items in the stores in the first place...

I agree. This is not a good idea. It ruins the whole store experience.

DeletedUser

I'm bowing to you two chaps superior wisdom. Also do you know where i can buy barbed wire?

DeletedUser1105

I don't think you can buy it, you can only get it from the installing bw fence job as far as I know.

DeletedUser

ok how about this revised idea.

the store only keeps what is sold by its members.
(sell to mytown mytown sells the item. sell to to othertown item is destoryed)
once the item is sold 20% of the sale price goes to town funds.
also once a item is sold to a store a random time counter should start before that item show in the for sale area. (this is to stop players swapping items between friends and accounts).