banks getting robbed and people put to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

what do yous think about been able to rob banks like in all western games and films you allways have outlaw that rob the banks i think we could do that and the people from the town have to guard it. and for instance if the guardians win the robbers will be put in jail for a few days and the jail should be in the town what do yous think?

DeletedUser1105

We don't get feedback from the developers.

They don't talk to the likes of us :(

DeletedUser

Seriously ohara read the ideas not to suggest thread cos that's 2 of them you've posted about now.

DeletedUser

and actually try to provide some insight as to why you think something is a good idea or not...

DeletedUser

In many ways it is an appealing idea and as self-appointed duellers spokesman you'd think i'd support it. I don't like it though because it negates all the hard work that people put into a bank. To achieve the exitement of this proposal i think we have to do it through the 'jailbreak' mechanism suggested elsewhere. [sorry don't know how to link-too lazy to find out]

DeletedUser

I think that both 'jailbreaks' and 'bank robberies' should be a multi-player quest. Meaning you have to get 3+ players of the same town agree agree to commit the same quest. This style of multi-player quests wold be a precursor to the 'town shoot-outs' as mentioned in other threads

Seem unlikely?
Well not really, think about like this: these grand quests would be a huge undertaking requiring a massive amount of energy (like 60+) and would take 5hrs completion...

I'm thinking it'd work like this: You make the quest-que to 'rob a bank'... All the citizens in your town would receive a report similar to "Zazz Sasst has offered a posses to be formed and rob the bank at Yuma. Do you accept?" Your citizens then have a 5 hr window to accept. Once 3 or more have accepted, the quest will be completed in 2 hrs. If the time elsapses and no one from your town accepts then your character has just wasted 5 hrs sitting there waiting for his possee.

Now let's say his multi-player quest (whether it be a bank robbery, jail-break, or shoot-out) goes off without a hitch the resolution would work similiar to the following: all player involved in the quest would receive equal dmg. All players would receive equal pay...

I'm not a programming code-writer so I would not know how to write this, but I've seen it done on other MMORPG's so i know it can be accomplished....

DeletedUser1105

It is an interesting idea. It would take a lot of planning, which these jobs should.

DeletedUser

I actually really like this idea. It would give a much more reason for being a member of a town, of team work.

DeletedUser

Another note of bank-robberies: It has been suggested that it would be unfair to rob a bank and steal players hard-earned stash... So instead of robbing personal accounts (which can lead to isolationism and 'bashing') your multi-player possee then instead raids the town treasury?

I've seen treasuries with stock piles of cash ranging from $300 to $3000! Ribbing the treasury would be an impersonal way to raid for a TON of cash and not pick on any one person as the entire town was just robbed... Every citizen of a town would recieve a report similar to "zazz sasst and his possee of X has just looted your treasury and stole $1320" The report would only list the main player who called for the raid and not all the individuals involved. This would add a but of 'who-dunnit' mystery

DeletedUser1105

I don't think too many towns keep a high treasury. In my town we certainly don't. The money paid in is spent almost straight away on upgrading.

And as long as you knew the main culprit, it wouldn't be a 'who-dunnit' because you'd know the town responsible. I don't think you would much care which specific individuals did it.

DeletedUser

the larger town with near-maxed constructions and are selling thier high-priced items end up with FAT treasury accounts as everything is near maxed and it takes like 100 labor points to bring your bank from lvl 6 to lvl 7!

The result is that many of the top 20 towns in any given world wind up having a fat stash just laying there rip for the picking!

So i suspect that most of these 'robberies' would be limited to the higher ranked towns. Or say a bunch of high players decide to move into a ghost town to make it a new 'bandit base' and then begin looting the treasuries of those top towns.

DeletedUser1105

Yeah fair enough. If my town was robbed, I'd much prefer it was taken from the treasury than my personal money.

But then again, I'm just selfish :)

DeletedUser3543

Regarding banks, why do I have to visit my town to deposit my money?

Surely I should be able to deposit / withdraw money from any bank, that is the idea behind the banking system isn't it?

DeletedUser1105

Behind the modern banking system, yes.

In the west (and correct me if I am wrong), you'd have to send a message by horseback to your home town bank. They would then have to send your money (by horseback, or even horse-draw carriage) to the bank you are at. By which point, you could have done the trip yourself.

We are lucky that we seem to have ATMs int he fact that money automatically comes out of our bank account if we over spend our cash. I think this would be asking too much. It would detract people away from spending any time in their own town.

DeletedUser

Regarding banks, why do I have to visit my town to deposit my money?

Surely I should be able to deposit / withdraw money from any bank, that is the idea behind the banking system isn't it?

Yes, but it adds a certain strategy to the game knowing when to return to your hometown to make deposits. How fair would it be if you never had to return home and just made deposits in any bank?

Also think in the context of the American 1820 banking system: Many towns had thier own personal accountants that were non-transerfable to other towns - this led to the bank crisis the 4th American President Monroe tried to rectify.... It wasn't until 13th American President Monrow that federalized Wells Fargo...

DeletedUser

how would u get money out of bank
would it have to be built into game that it can be removed

DeletedUser

Search the Q&A section of this forum...
Your money cannot be 'withdrawn' it is safely held away from robbers until you want to make a purchase then it is drawn out of your account.

DeletedUser

i like the robbing town treasury. perhaps it would have to go further than that and remove personal cash not in the bank or treasury from all the players in the town?

Status
Not open for further replies.