Donkeys, Horses and travel time.

DeletedUser3543

Had a quick 'search' but can't find anything relevant, so can someone explain just how the percentages next to each 'mode of travel' works??

For example a donkey is 25%.

So, for a journey of 10 minutes, will it reduce the travel time by 2 minutes 30 seconds?

If so, having a white hoss at 100% should reduce it by 10 minutes giving instantaneous travel :blink:

I'm confuzzled....

DeletedUser1105

I think it works on a speed.

If you travel 1 square in an hour (just for example's sake), and have a white horse, you will then travel 2 squares in an hour.

Basically, having the white horse will halve the travel time, as you will be going twice as fast as walking.

For example:

Walking speed: 1 mph
Donkey 25%: 1.25 mph
Pony 50%: 1.5 mph
Horse 100%: 2 mph

That's how I see it, but I may be wrong.

DeletedUser

I think it has to work up from the lower figure.
A donkey makes a 10 minute journey take 8 minutes and although 8 mins is only 205 less than 10 mins, 10 mins is 25% quicker than 8 mins. That must be the principle.

Oh yes and the monkey way of seeing it amounts to the same thing and is easier to follow.

DeletedUser3543

Thanks guys.

Oh, and if someone could move this to the questions forum where I meant to put it :)

DeletedUser

[/quote]
If so, having a white hoss at 100% should reduce it by 10 minutes giving instantaneous travel :blink:

I'm confuzzled....[/quote]

rofl hoss white hoss, should have did you math a little too 100% increase speed like x2 10 minute travel divided by 2 = 5

DeletedUser3543

I'm confuzzled....[/quote]

rofl hoss white hoss, should have did you math a little too 100% increase speed like x2 10 minute travel divided by 2 = 5[/quote]

I've read it 3 times and have no idea....

DeletedUser

If you have 10 minutes of walking divided by 2!!!!! 10/2 =5 omg i figured it out

DeletedUser

Let's say your original speed was 10mph and you go 100% FASTER. Then you are going at 20mph aren't you? That means you get there in half the time.

DeletedUser3543

Let's say your original speed was 10mph and you go 100% FASTER. Then you are going at 20mph aren't you? That means you get there in half the time.

Exactly what SJX was alluding to ;)

Another question this raises though, is what is the raw un altered speed of a person walking across the map (in squares per hour ;) ), and is this affected by the terrain that is walked across?

DeletedUser

Exactly what SJX was alluding to ;)

Another question this raises though, is what is the raw un altered speed of a person walking across the map (in squares per hour ;) ), and is this affected by the terrain that is walked across?
not affeced by terrain cause that be kinda stupied

DeletedUser

Had a quick 'search' but can't find anything relevant, so can someone explain just how the percentages next to each 'mode of travel' works??

For example a donkey is 25%.

So, for a journey of 10 minutes, will it reduce the travel time by 2 minutes 30 seconds?

I'm confuzzled....

Actually +25% reduces time from 10 minutes to 8 minutes, +100% would make it 5 minutes.

DeletedUser

I quote a favorite character from the tv show Babylon 5: Math? I try not to think about it too much, if I do my ears begin to bleed...........

Another from the Simpsons: DOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

lol.... imgoing to hire you guys to tutor the math kids ok? you seem to be doing a FINE JOB of figuring this allout with so many extremely complicated formulas like ..... numbers...and..... percentage.... and..... adding.......

DeletedUser3741

1.00 speed to travel 10 miles = 10mins
1.25 speed to travel 10 miles = 8mins 25%
1.50 speed to travel 10 miles = 6mins 50%
1.75 speed to travel 10 miles = 5mins 75%
2.00 speed to travel 10 miles = 5mins 100%
2.25 speed to travel 10 miles = 4mins 125%
2.50 speed to travel 10 miles = 4mins 150%
2.75 speed to travel 10 miles = 3mins
3.00 speed to travel 10 miles = 3mins 200%
3.25 speed to travel 10 miles = 3mins
3.50 speed to travel 10 miles = 2mins
3.75 speed to travel 10 miles = 2mins
4.00 speed to travel 10 miles = 2mins 300%

Its called Diminishing return, the only way you get instant travel is like 1000% faster