Player Market

DeletedUser

It is practically giving each other items. People would make two accounts, and push one account up. This would be a problem. Saying no trading between the same IPs is not going to stop it - people will just use a proxy.

Taking this to extreme, a player with say 20 accounts is number one and is very rich. That would not be good.
There is no limits you could set that would make this idea non abusable.

DeletedUser

and for those who dont know what a proxy is, a proxy is a system of links that set you to a difernt comp internet. millions of codes are entered to just go to gooogle its not just google.ca its url.com/893 ir938927r93i3r9ur3793rh978389rj3q-98rfqy0-hr-9q078y30hgr08230u83hf078h30u89h307h0r87h03n8f38hf ect thats not a real code that me hitting the key board. and also there are millions of proxy and all make you ip address difernt. even for blocked sites at school or work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In simple terms a proxy is a way to change the IP address temporarily enabling players to dodge rules in games.

DeletedUser

oh tribalwars i filled with them filled i had 6 accounts on the go and i never ever got caught i can co op attack trade and everything it was fun too but i got board cause i had a life

DeletedUser

It is practically giving each other items. People would make two accounts, and push one account up. This would be a problem. Saying no trading between the same IPs is not going to stop it - people will just use a proxy.

Taking this to extreme, a player with say 20 accounts is number one and is very rich. That would not be good.
There is no limits you could set that would make this idea non abusable.
People could and probably already do that with their one town, 10 alt accounts, 10 workers, all on high income jobs, all on one town.

That is a Global Abusable and not specific to something the Market would bring, someone with those alts wouldn't waste time gaining money by boosting their own character with bits of items, they'd just make all their alts work non-stop in the most profitable jobs.

Nothing is non-abusable, that is true but for this idea to be abused, well...f*ck that one sad pathetic loser, he'd get banned eventually. :laugh:

DeletedUser1105

Yes, someone could do that and work them all on the same town, and that is bad enough. This adds an extra element of abuse on top of that.

DeletedUser

but i really dont see why not, cause if there is a minumal buy price and there will be tons of ppl selling stuff the market would be huge and a mass system of prices, hint allowing this on closed worlds [w1,w2] they can't muli account cause its to late :p

DeletedUser

unless they are already doing it or quitting and giving it to their mates.

DeletedUser

hmmmm i guess but ya, if people wouldn't do that this be a great idea o a hint to all forum mods, proxys cant run many types of java nor flash player so putting one of those on the login page would stop that dead cold.

DeletedUser

I'd really like a market but accept that it would be absolutely impossible to police in practice.

DeletedUser

the items are besides the point, if you have one in your town you're just waiting for people to buy the item, I really don't see how the person with alternate accounts can abuse this that much.

They gain some money to the town (As you would anyway) but the only difference is that they're buffing their character, all in all, it costs money to do this so it doesn't seem entirely worth the abusive point.

DeletedUser

Madkill, say you are a player who has 5 accounts, all accounts geared best for finding items. You find some awesome items on all five, and want to consolidate them all to your best player. So you add them on the market for $5 and the main account buys them, effectively making one "super-player" account. This is not fair to all the players that have worked hard for the items they have acquired. This is how people will take advantage of it and abuse it.

DeletedUser1105

Gem, that is the perfect example.

And I agree with Ulthor. I would like it, but it would be impossible to stop cheaters. It's hard enough to stop them now.

DeletedUser

Guys, as the guy on page 1 said, it can work like this. The price of item being up for the market could be 25% cheaper from the price the item really is and 15% of that money goes to the town treasury, that will work fine and no cheating problems.

DeletedUser

Do you think that they stop people from cheating on Tribal Wars? Of course not! They try, but you cannot stop everyone. That's no reason from stopping the other honest players from having a good time. I think that this is a good idea. I would really like to see it implemented. I would like to be able to buy a larger variety of items without having to wait so long for the General Store to level up.

DeletedUser

Tribal wars does have cheating problems and i don't play it any more because achievement is meaningless in such an environment. So there's no need to bring the problems of tw to this new game.

DeletedUser

Madkill, say you are a player who has 5 accounts, all accounts geared best for finding items. You find some awesome items on all five, and want to consolidate them all to your best player. So you add them on the market for $5 and the main account buys them, effectively making one "super-player" account. This is not fair to all the players that have worked hard for the items they have acquired. This is how people will take advantage of it and abuse it.
Gem, lets say you didn't read the part where each price is at a 'minimum' which is the general stores purchase price, that makes this point quite redundant doesn't it?
(Not too mention that such items have a minimum level as well)

Also: This game has a larger Online Social value than most other games, since you can join a town and be apart of it, so what if there's a cheater, they wont dare show themselves because in the end, if they did it would be very easy to notice that all of the 'players' in this town are 'exact' so it would simply take one admin to find and ban all accounts, possibly via ip, this cheater has then wasted time and because we just had to wait without a care, we still get to enjoy the player market.
Not to mention the fact that no one wants to be friends with 5 of the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you should add this to the new post area for the developers its really thought out at least i think