Cutting Trees, no wood?

DeletedUser

Is there perhaps a bug or has anyone run into this before? Today I did exactly 8 hours of cutting trees in 4 two hour jobs, and recieved no wood. Apparently the chances of that are very very slightly over 1%. So I think I should be rewarded with a gold ingot, thanks :p...

Codeguru

DeletedUser

You don't always find products, keep doing the job and you'll get some.

DeletedUser

25% chance, I know the concepts. This is very very very very VERY rare. You didn't say it happened to you before in this very specific instance so I'm guessing I can add one more very...

Codeguru

DeletedUser

It did happened to me, just be patient and make sure your motivation isn't too low.

DeletedUser

The wood quests are meant to test your patience, I swear.

I took a week to do the 10 wood one - just simply cos I had better jobs to do.

And I am taking forever to do the 24 wood one. The $300 it gives just isn't attractive enough to keep me cutting wood ;)

Unless of course if you can raft wood or clear the forest - you'd get those 24 planks in double-quick time. Else with the rusty axe.... :dry:

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm not yet on the 24 wood quest but I'm getting ready for it, the more labor points the more wood I got, already half way there :)

DeletedUser

Luckily I knew from very early on that I needed a lot of wood. I have been doing: quest job, wood, quest job, wood, quest job, wood etc for four or five levels now. I have enough wood for when I need 25 planks (and some to burn) :) But yeah, for a 25% job, I very very rarely get it 25% of the time. More like 10.

DeletedUser

If the probability of finding a product in 30 minutes is 25%, the chance of finding NO product in 2 hours (4x30 mins) is at roughly 31%, not 1%. It's not as uncommon as you think.

One Armed Ninja

Hmm, Clearing the forest is really useful, lots of money, and at one point i had 68 wood.

Maybe you should level up your vigor.

DeletedUser

The wood has been tough for me too and I can do the rafting gig. Another one that's eluding me is turkey. I'm lvl 26 and have been doing it for a week now. NADA!

DeletedUser2252

Yes! Don't tell me this chance % hasn't changed. No way. I've been cutting wood since 2 weeks in. Never ever ever or even ever gone through this! 12hrs of cuttin and raftin..100%..no wood!!! I'm on 24 wood quest,yes. Was going fine until this new Dec quest! Bah!!...*smashes trees and all wood into tiny bits!! stomps off! ...aggg!!

DeletedUser5046

well..then it isnt for others..tho mine i dunno if theres any diffrence...

DeletedUser2252

Update- It went as I guessed. I gave in and completed the Dec Quest after 16hrs of no more wood after I started that quest. Keep in mind I had 17 at the time so requirement was filled. I just didnt want to give up that 4 wood for the special quest. As stated, after I gave in , I started getting wood again. I believe it is fixed that way and to me have been proven. This isn't complaint, just truth for me and bad timing to be in that quest. Now down to 13 wood for wasting 16hrs. Should at least let us know we cant get more wood until we give in to that quest.

DeletedUser

It happened to me too to get no wood after 4*2 hours of cutting trees. The chance of this happening is 1% (0.75^8). Immediately after that negative record, got only 3 wood in 7*2 hours.
3 wood in 22 hours, if my calculations are correct, has a probability of 1 in 640. There are more than 640 people able to cut trees, and they cut for more than 22 hours, so there are others who have gone through the same as me.

But also happened to get 4 wood in 2 hours (0.4% chance of happening).

DeletedUser

Cutting wood is a long, tedious job and not really worth the time but it has to be done for the quests. I sure wish there was a way to buy the wood!

DeletedUser

cutting trees seems to produce less wood for me also...like 10%...and I did ALOT of tree cutting as I was a vigor dueler...so it was pretty much the only thing I could skill on for a few levels...luckily I can clear the forest now and have had over 100 wood in stock.