Who are the in-game moderators on this world ?

• Thread starter LooseFromTheNoose
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

There's some serious select favoritism and abuse of powers going on with chats, etc.
Very bias and immature mods ! They need to be changed or moderated themselves !

DeletedUser

Frankly you have no idea who does and doesn't get affronts. They aren't visible in any way unless somebody gets enough of them to get a ban. If you get a "no action" it doesn't mean no action was taken. If 10 people report language in chat, the person who was reported isn't getting 50 points.

Edit: And please explain to me how you can come to the conclusion that they're immature when you don't even know who they are?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since there is a chat ignore option, having chat mods is pointless. Knowing their identity is also pointless. And of course, this thread is - pointless.

DeletedUser

Frankly you have no idea who does and doesn't get affronts. They aren't visible in any way unless somebody gets enough of them to get a ban. If you get a "no action" it doesn't mean no action was taken. If 10 people report language in chat, the person who was reported isn't getting 50 points.

Edit: And please explain to me how you can come to the conclusion that they're immature when you don't even know who they are?
Are you daft ?? Of course you know who gets them..they get a report !! And their Immaturity stands out in their actions without ever knowing them--easy conclusion !
And it is not pointless knowing "WHO" they are when these people pass out demerits or bans or whatever on a favoritism or friends request !!
Again I would like an answer and not from the peanut gallery

DeletedUser

Maturity is going through the proper channels and appealing an affront and not ranting in forums. Peanut gallery? I used to be the IGM for w12.

Slygoxx

You do not need to know who the w12 in-game mods are. What you do need to know, however, is that the affronts are done completely unbiased.

DeletedUser

Also, I would assume they don't play the worlds where they mod so as to be impartial.

DeletedUser

Also, I would assume they don't play the worlds where they mod so as to be impartial.
Oh No they play in the world they Mod !! Absolutely that's a known fact !!! and therefore this "UN"biased line from these forum mods is pure rubbish.
And if you appeal a penalty it probably goes to the same bias mod who assessed it originally and thus completely bogus.
I think only "Ban appeals" go to the higher ups...but the in game mods are most certainly suspect of favoritism. Thus the question remains as is..

DeletedUser

I used to be the IGM for w12.
yes I just heard and under a different name which lends even more credibility to my original question !!!

Edit: and there's the proof right there for your statement Rice Farmer ! They may use a different name on their particular server but are MOST CERTAINLY playing in that world !

delldell56

not that is any of my business but to set the record straight, elmyr didn't start on w12 when the world opened, so he was the igm back then. he took over someone else's account (the guy was quitting) in november 2010, that's why he is using a different nick there; and before that happened, he stepped down as a mod. he is currently only a query ranger (quest mod/helper), which has nothing to do with worlds.

from my own experience, i wish moderators were biased and played favorites. i've been close to several mods, including some that are/were high in the food chain, and twice i've needed something and asked for their help. do you think i got what i wanted? twice not. and it was nothing that could've been considered unfair, i just wanted an expedite solution and they told me to follow the usual steps (send a ticket and wait). i happen to know who moderates w12 and i can assure you he doesn't play that world. i do not know the guy and i also disagree (deeply) with some of the decisions i've seen him make, but i just assume he got some training and knows what he is doing. my personal experience is that being a favorite doesn't guarantee you any especial treatment.

Slygoxx

Moderators do not moderate the worlds they play in, nor do they play in the worlds they moderate. When Elmyr was modding w12, he did not play in w12.

Respectfully, you do not have any idea about how things are handled internally. You are unable to tell if mods are biased, if you do not even know who handles the affronts to begin with.

DeletedUser

So now we learn there are Mods taking over accounts !!!??? yet it's illegal and bannable to share passwords or watch your childs account by logging in to theirs to see if they're getting any seedy teles or offers ??? WOW !!!
Bias is human nature, so of course you can tell and someone who knows someone from a different world moderating another they play in needing a judgement call ?? Appears the truth will never come out here on anything so thanks for nothing anyway. Too many other games out there to bother here.

delldell56

share a password or an account is illegal and bannable. gifting your account to someone else isn't. it means the other person will take it over completely, change the password and the original owner shall never have access to play it again. two very different things. to make it simple for you, think of bigamy and divorce.

DeletedUser

So now we learn there are Mods taking over accounts !!!??? yet it's illegal and bannable to share passwords or watch your childs account by logging in to theirs to see if they're getting any seedy teles or offers ??? WOW !!!
Bias is human nature, so of course you can tell and someone who knows someone from a different world moderating another they play in needing a judgement call ?? Appears the truth will never come out here on anything so thanks for nothing anyway. Too many other games out there to bother here.

Taking over accounts isn't illegal and never has been.

From the CM in 2008:

Bottom line is if you are giving up we cant stop you giving away your account what we can and will stop is requests being posted on the forums.

If you want to do this do it in pm, or better still via an external messenger.

DeletedUser1121

Closing this, since all questions are answered.
If you have problems with ingame decisions, please create a support ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.