Read me Speedserver Question

What kind of Speedserver do you prefere?

• Duel

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Fortbattle

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Gold and money

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Construction

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Experience

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other (write suggestion in the comments)

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Howdy guys and gals

The event team and I are in the process of making a plan of the different speedservers we want to organise for you here on the international server, and in this connection we would really like your input on which kind you prefer.
Then we will try to honour your wishes!
Edit: This will be in the future, AFTER IFBC

Kind regards
Yours The West Team

Last edited:

WesternCalin

What if for an experience type of speedserver we have the 15s jobs disabled, would something like that be possible. This way there will not be usage of bots and we can have different objectives, like being best in exp, money, having x amounts of rare items collected and such.

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
What if for an experience type of speedserver we have the 15s jobs disabled, would something like that be possible. This way there will not be usage of bots and we can have different objectives, like being best in exp, money, having x amounts of rare items collected and such.
I like the idea of collecting items. How about collecting as many unique items as possible? Including quest items.

Rick Sanchez

From participating on last speed event ( first one for me ) i saw a lot of ''not so right'' things. I think that it's physically impossible to play this game longer than 12 hours without a break, some of ''top tier'' dudes seems to play almost 24/24 wich it's kinda impossible for a ''normal'' human being. Without to much thinking the only logical way yo do that is using some kind of machines/boot to do the work for them. But how can you stop it? How can you detect that someone is spamming 15s jobs like crazy without a security tool? You can even use a ''memorize clicker'' to spam those kinda jobs wich is kinda unfair for the ''regular'' player.

Regarding of the kind of server that's gonna be i am proposing to ban few things only to adjust the gameplay:

1, No tradings - even in the city i mean it's the best speed player not the best speed town, a lot of pushing can be done sometimes with different kind of ways ( multis is one of them )
2. No experience prize- definetly should reduce the number of people using machines to play the game\

*update- should be some more unique like:

1. Most crafted items
2. Most recipes score
3. Most items collected
4. Most money in the bank and stuff like that. ;)

best regards!

GrandDuke

The main issue that stops me from playing in speed servers - that you need to be online for as many hours as possible.
The game itself (and majority of player base I suppose) is not about playing in non-sleep mode. Speed servers (in my opinion) should be about your knowledge about the game, cleverness, good ideas about how to reach the goal in the most efficient way.

15 seconds jobs is bad mechanic because it encourages bot usage or being online 24 hours per day (which is impossible, so people use bots).
Trading is bad mechanic because it allows players to benefit from friends and/or bots (who cares about friends if you can create bots).
I am noob, so maybe there are much more "bad" mechanics that are excellent for the main game, but causes issues on speed servers.
But with this two mechanics - trading can be just disabled, so you can fix this. 15 seconds jobs - if it's possible to limit 15 seconds jobs to 2-4 hours per day or turn them off completely - that would be perfect.

GrandDuke

I like the idea of collecting items. How about collecting as many unique items as possible? Including quest items.
This is incredible idea! I would play this event for sure. Probably even with existence of 15 second jobs. At least you have a chance to outsmart bot creators (if trading will be forbidden).

Collect each product, create some items from profession, get a lot of "unique" quest items from quests + farm droppable items from DIFFERENT luck jobs - this sounds amazing and diverse

Edited:
1. Most crafted items
2. Most recipes score
Thumbs up on these ideas as well!

PrancingPurplePony

None of the choices interest me. I have zero interest in speedservers. I don't want to start any more worlds. I play three net worlds and beta and that is too much time already. I'd rather see fixes to the worlds that already exist and the chances for the special prizes for playing them.

WesternCalin

Probably even with existence of 15 second jobs. At least you have a chance to outsmart bot creators (if trading will be forbidden).
You can't outsmart bot users even if they only use the bot 24/7 on a luck job they will 100% get more unique items or whatever then you can get in 4-8hrs of actual gameplay for you so disabling 15s spam is the easiest method. This will mean that you can be online every 1-2hrs or so to set new jobs if you do the 10 min ones and i dont think there is any bot created for that.

Caerdwyn

Why not have another no-speed event, like International Speed Classic 2021? Afaik, nothing like that has been run since.

Thanatoss

My thoughts:
1) disable trading
2) disable 15s jobs
3) maybe have something like mandatory sleep time for the event

JWillow

Fort battle speed based suggestions:
I think if it were to be a fort battle based speed that leaders would have to be found first to start building teams off of, as the last fort battle speed that net had, one team was more organized while the other was in choas.
Also if fights will be at level 250, experience bonus should be high enough that players easily reach max level 3 hours of spamming at most. If the gear is to be event gear, maybe put a upgrade limit on the sets, ie like max level of allowed upgrade is level 2. If town gear/drop from job gear is used then no limit on upgrades?
Trading only in town. No alliances
Also possibly it could be one net team against another language server, ie in medium/large forts.

Now for regularish type speed:
Rewards for: (places rewarded)
-most questlines complete(1-3)
-construction ranking(1-4)
-most duel wins(1-2)
-most duel kos(1-2)
-crafting ranking(make bags in shop 1k each)(1-3)
-Fort battle most damage(1-2)
-Fort battle most dodges(1-2)
-Fort battle ranking (1-3)
-highest maxium difficulty level achieved bandit hunt(1)
-most money in bank (1-2)
-achievement ranking (1-4)
-highest drop value item (1-3)
- rank 13 and 25 (exp, fort, constro, achiv, craft, and duel)
-the player with the most (red. green. blue, etc) items dropped from jobs

Now for a regularish speed some guidelines could be:
Average of 576 jobs completed per day, now this number would be 567 multipled by the number of days for a total number of jobs completed by the end of the speed, as I wouldn't hold mods to checking every day but to look at the total over the whole event. Players over the amount of jobs completed would be disqualified. (what went into this thinking( 480-15 second jobs(2 hours worth). 96-10 minute jobs, and 6 hour sleep. But would expect players to do a combination that fits them best)
Also for fort battle there could be level limits for the first 2 weeks, ie week one only those 150 and under, week 2 only those under level 200 would be safe from disqualification. If a player that is over these levels participates would no longer be able to race in the fort battle sections. Now being a higher level would not be held against acheivement and quest runners.

Now for both types of speed types, VIP medal for the event and rocket turtle( for extra fun, I may or may not miss my turtle crotch rocket )

Hopefully these will maybe get some minds flowing and maybe more suggestions, especially about preventing excessive time in game, that do not require game modifications, which in the past have not been available as developer time typically is not meant to be spent on temporary worlds.

Clever Hans

(what went into this thinking( 480-15 second jobs(2 hours worth). 96-10 minute jobs, and 6 hour sleep. But would expect players to do a combination that fits them best)

And 6h of sleep is enough how?

As long as the speed server can´t be competitively played in a chill mode, considering that most of players do have a RL and jobs, you will end up with less than 50-100 accounts joining such worlds.

JWillow

And 6h of sleep is enough how?

As long as the speed server can´t be competitively played in a chill mode, considering that most of players do have a RL and jobs, you will end up with less than 50-100 accounts joining such worlds.
6 hours of sleep compared to what past events have been, requiring a player to not sleep for days. Also depending what a player might go for, especially drops wise, they could spend most of their clicks spamming, meaning they would then spend far more time sending their character to sleep or hour jobs to keep their clicks under the legal amount.

The point was to have players spend less time clicking over the whole event, instead choose wisely when to click and when to get some sun bathing in for some vitamin D. ie someone with a job and wants 8 hour sleep, so say 16 hours worth of hour jobs, then said person could use the rest of their clicks for 15s or 10 minute jobs.

Also what kind of competitions are chill at the end of the day? In the end even fort battle speed require more time than normal worlds it is the nature of competitions. Now of coarse in a team event some players can do the bare mininum and be carried by the team, so maybe you would prefer a fort battle based speed.

Always funny when the bot responds with suggestions :)
Are you refering to me? You do realize I have never used a bot, I haven't even used a script of any kind in all my the west time.
Also unlike actual bot users/multi users I paid for every speed I participated with physical and mental health issues for weeks or months after.
Why do you feel necessary to call names, have I done something to you?
But anyway, yes I made suggestions, to improve the conditions, because saving myself and others from the damaging costs of pushing a human body to self damage just to be competitive against the sea of those with no qualms about using cheats.
Now if you want to attack me with the truth, then you should call me the idoit with too much free time and no life, then you would hit the nail on the head. Though still have no clue what I did to you besides maybe disagreeing on fort battle policy, maybe tell me my perceived crimes?

Answer: None

Use the resource to develop the main game, not speed servers
Speed events have no effect on the development of the game, as CM and event staff are not developers, the only part they might play in development of the game is passing feedback to the LCM and being testers.

Though if so many are against speed servers, maybe the event team should instead think of more types of forum contests, though I do hope team start banning the mutli accounts on forum, who would have thought players would go so far as to make multi account on forum(that was sarcasm as same forum multi user is the same way in game, so not surprised about the double dipping every place they go)

In the end, if 567 jobs completed per day is still too much, maybe suggest what amount of clicks you would consider. Just coming and saying you don't want anything that takes more than an hour a day does not leave much room to work with, as a battle would take an hourish, but how would players be prepared for a battle, would they be provided with sets and buffs, also already leveled up to the required level. Then the world would only have a speed bonus and no reason to farm or click at all.
If that would be a type of speed fort battle world, then what sets or preselected clothes would you suggest? Should there be practice battles or right into competition battles?
I think the point was to make suggestions, no speed is going to be liked by everyone, but maybe with a variety everyone can find one that wasn't so bad.

At least they are asking for ideas instead of just putting out the same type that has come before.

Sorry for two long posts, really was just trying throw out ideas, so that there is a chance for something different and hopefully way less demanding than previous speeds.

Attack away