Stop the over moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthmaul99174

Everyone here wants to be able to speak their mind, not everything has to be on topic its not so serious it must be stopped/silenced, stop removing comments & locking threads.

If no one likes the decisions, who are you benefitting as a moderator?

Reference:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
We're damned if we do delete posts, we're damned if we don't. Whichever action we choose to do seems to always be biased.
We want everyone to speak their mind about the topic the thread was created for.
We don't want people bullying others or airing their personal feuds in a public area.
If a thread gets too out of hand, it's easier to close it and move on.

darthmaul99174

Games too small and players too well established to care about sticking to thread topics unless everyone asks for it to be put back on track, I mean that thread pretty much had every active user lol

I understand your intent to avoid genuine bullying/fueds but I must say that one in particular was consensual for all parties and absolutely golden.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
When we get multiple reports from the same thread, it's definitely not consensual.
I'd love for a constructive discussion to happen but when the conversation turns to "slandering", "baiting", "bullying" for the umpteenth time, it gets tedious sifting through the on topic and the off topic comments.
Yes, we do get it wrong sometimes. We delete constructive things which are amongst non-constructive things, and keep non-constructive things amongst constructive things.
Sometimes it's nearly a few hours work to sort through the mess. That's between real life activities too.
I welcome anyone who has a problem with the moderation team or thinks they can do a better job to send an application in when there's vacant positions.

Clever Hans

If mnnielsen was about equal treatment of players as she claims, she would take what you brought up and also that admission from RaiderTr about Discord channel with Goober seriously. Or at least address the concerns from you and other players. But since they can't bother to moderate the forum threads and keep them ontopic, don't hold the high hopes.

Also, locking down topics just to prevent the discussion about potential conflicts of interest is not something that should happen in the well managed and transparent company, including yours!

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Maybe it's up to the forum users to stay on topic. If users stayed on topic we wouldn't have to delete posts which in turn makes users mad because we deleted posts. See what I'm getting at?

Threads are closed when they get too far out of hand and no more constructive points are being made. I've said it many times, keep personal feuds personal. There's no need to fill every thread with the same toxicity over and over again.

Clever Hans

Maybe it's up to the forum users to stay on topic. If users stayed on topic we wouldn't have to delete posts which in turn makes users mad because we deleted posts. See what I'm getting at?

Threads are closed when they get too far out of hand and no more constructive points are being made. I've said it many times, keep personal feuds personal. There's no need to fill every thread with the same toxicity over and over again.
How many of my posts did you delete in that locked topic? I would say ZERO since all my messages were ontopic. There is always the same user that starts the mudslinding and then the others get baited and rightly reply to unmoderated slander. Not everyone got time to write a slanderous one A4 page e-book. Perhaps if you would moderate the content of these messages according to your own game rules, there would be no need for all that extra work you complained about?

ScarletKisses

How many of my posts did you delete in that locked topic? I would say ZERO since all my messages were ontopic. There is always the same user that starts the mudslinding and then the others get baited and rightly reply to unmoderated slander. Not everyone got time to write a slanderous one A4 page e-book. Perhaps if you would moderate the content of these messages according to your own game rules, there would be no need for all that extra work you complained about?
Amen!! If mods did their job fairly others would feel no need to reply to the twisting of the truth, the lies, or the slander. I mean nearly always starts from one player, how about dealing with that. But you guys would rather try to silence all for just one person's voice

Millsbd

Everyone here wants to be able to speak their mind, not everything has to be on topic its not so serious it must be stopped/silenced, stop removing comments & locking threads.

If no one likes the decisions, who are you benefitting as a moderator?

Reference:
amen!

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
So let me highlight a very important information for you: the forum is not a place for discussing moderator decisions/punishments. If you are unsatisfied with your punishment, or the action of closing a thread, you should appeal it by sending a message to a forum moderator, or better, directly by opening a support ticket.

Why?

Because such situations can be discussed only with the owner of the account which received punishment and is not a public matter. Therefore we will not support and we will not be able to assist you whenever you demand moderator procedures on the forum. Simply is not the place where to have a debate about it.

Our moderator team is made up of volunteers who do their best to handle any crisis on the forum, they try to be empathetic with everyone and always make the most player-friendly decision. But this is hard when we only see attacks, and insults between players and towards the team.

I can promise you that the following will be enforced even harder from now on:
  • Insulting and provocation of each other
  • Defaming the team and insulting our moderators

And before anyone would rage about it, you accepted these rules with your registration. I understand your frustration, but nothing gives reasons to insult others. I repeat, NOTHING. If you believe you have a good excuse for it, you don't. Toxic behavior will not be tolerated. So, even if you think you faced an injustice, or you have any unsolved matters, please contact me directly on the support - please allow me to look into it and try to solve it.

darthmaul99174

So let me highlight a very important information for you: the forum is not a place for discussing moderator decisions/punishments. If you are unsatisfied with your punishment, or the action of closing a thread, you should appeal it by sending a message to a forum moderator, or better, directly by opening a support ticket.

Why?

Because such situations can be discussed only with the owner of the account which received punishment and is not a public matter. Therefore we will not support and we will not be able to assist you whenever you demand moderator procedures on the forum. Simply is not the place where to have a debate about it.

Our moderator team is made up of volunteers who do their best to handle any crisis on the forum, they try to be empathetic with everyone and always make the most player-friendly decision. But this is hard when we only see attacks, and insults between players and towards the team.

I can promise you that the following will be enforced even harder from now on:
  • Insulting and provocation of each other
  • Defaming the team and insulting our moderators

And before anyone would rage about it, you accepted these rules with your registration. I understand your frustration, but nothing gives reasons to insult others. I repeat, NOTHING. If you believe you have a good excuse for it, you don't. Toxic behavior will not be tolerated. So, even if you think you faced an injustice, or you have any unsolved matters, please contact me directly on the support - please allow me to look into it and try to solve it.

THE RULES SAY YOU CANNOT DO THIS!!!! THE RULES DID NOT ALLOW FOR FUN TIME WE MUST DELETE IT. YOU ARE NOT USING RULE MANDATED WORDING!!!

club-*******-cleaning.gif

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Maybe you should all re-read the forum rules especially the below points:

Do not impersonate, insult, berate, or harass the moderators. They are players who have volunteered to assist in managing this community and should be respected for their willingness to step up.

Do not create public posts, regarding moderation, without permission from the moderating staff. Instead, direct all comments, inquiries and complaints to the relevant moderator via a polite Private Message. If your query is not satisfactorily answered you may direct them to a Sheriff or Marshal. If you are still unsatisfied you may contact one of the Community Managers.

Do NOT publicly discuss ingame bans, forum bans, infractions or notices.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Why don't we all try to contribute to a pleasant atmosphere on the forum both from the team and especially from the players.
You have registered on the forum accepting certain rules, terms and conditions that the administration team is entitled to apply. The way it does it is strictly the team's problem and any complaint is made via support, the team has an leader and he can judge what is good or wrong.
Also, any complaint addressed to the members of the team are made to support, we do not make public judgments on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.