Gatling Gun

• Thread starter Rolling Thunder
  • Start date

DeletedUser

one wouldn't carry a Gatling gun it was mounted on wheels. it was unwieldy and would be useless against a single opponent.
649px-gatling_gun_1865.jpg

Nice picture:)
I would really like to see something like this in game. But there also should be included good old regular cannons.
Only question what will they do???

DeletedUser3717

Gatling gun would be to overpowered Imo Post the stats you would like to see on the gun?

DeletedUser

Gatlings can be implemented after introducing forts but not for towns.

DeletedUser

i imagine it as liek town "building" which could have like 15 lvl upgrades to choose from "accuracy, better rounds(dmg), faster...(more shots)"
and would require not construction to build it , but repairing, motor skills, toughness..."
and only during shootouts, town leader could give comands, like
"shoot at the begining of the row" or "aim the end"
or
"go for strongest/weakest"

DeletedUser

Can anyone hear that?

It sounds like the thread is saying something...

I can't quite make it out...

Wait...

It's "lock meeeeeee...lock meeeeee"

Red Falcon

This is actually a good weapon to add, and is historically accurate. Everyone should watch Sukiyaki Western Django, a pretty sick movie that they use a gattling gun as top notch weaponry during the era.

sukiyaki-western-django.jpg

gattling gun :D

sukiyaki04.jpg

This man looks like he's actually holding a chain gun, not a gatling gun.

DeletedUser

What About an upgrade for the Town!

There could be a mounted Gatling gun somewhere, and you can use it when somebody duels you, (but you have to build the "gatling Mount" first :)

DeletedUser

Would be bad for duelers.

Makes everything one sided against them.

I give it a 1/10 on the Great-Idea Scale :nowink:

DeletedUser

Actually
I thought of a way :D

Implement the way to turn a Town into a town/fort.

Starts at level 1 and goes up to level 45 or 50 :D

Higher level = higher defense?

Gatling gun could be a defense update around level 40 :D

For when they implement town raids

Im smart :p

DeletedUser

Did you not hear me?

Bad idea for duelers.

I think Im hearing what Elmyr is hearing...

Thread says: LOCK ME PLEASE!!!

The reason Im shooting this down is not because Im a dueler (because Im not lol). But Im shooting this down because this makes the game almost completely 1 sided. Immediately duelers get knocked out due to this machine.

People can create "pure towns" and have nothing but that machine. Bad idea? I think so.

DeletedUser

Duelers wont suffer much.
If Gatling Gun/Cannon is town improvement it should help defender only if in town. good players don't stay in town all day.
And what that thing will do anyway? Add damage... add tactic or other skill... and how much that changes anything???
Dueler will still win non-dueler.

DeletedUser

What if the dueler (around level 20) was sent on a long trek? Only to find this stupid gun sitting on a fort. What will he do then? He cant turn back. He has to fight it. When he makes that long trek to die to a guy who doesnt have any defensive skills and hes a level 10 worker.

Shot down :nowink:

DeletedUser

iff'n y'all paid attention to Mr Smurf it could be implemented as part of the fort concept to be included in town on town wars not against individual duelers. At least that suggestion makes some sense. As for mr oriental man on horseback it does seem like that may be a chain gun (or movie artistic license) Google Gatling Gun and click on the How it works link for how a Gat actually worked "complete" with an animated illustration.

And I still stand by my earlier statement

Thread Necromancy is a Crime against god and Nature

DeletedUser

What if the dueler (around level 20) was sent on a long trek? Only to find this stupid gun sitting on a fort. What will he do then? He cant turn back. He has to fight it. When he makes that long trek to die to a guy who doesnt have any defensive skills and hes a level 10 worker.

Shot down :nowink:

Maybe you didnt read it. Ill repost it here too :)

Im going to set up a scenerio for the people who dont get what Im saying.

Bob: Hmm.. I got my 300 dollars... Im going to make a town and build a fort!
*Update comes in: World (whatever) is now updated to hold the new Gatlin Gun idea!*
Bob: Oh yippy! I just finished my fort and town, and now I can get a Gatlin Gun! Woohooo!
*Bob completes his Gatlin Gun and builds it to max*
*Little does he know that Joe is watching his town and preparing to duel him*
Bob: Joe! Your so stupid! :p
Joe: Thats it kid.
*Joe goes to his town to beat his head in, like normal duelers do :laugh:*
*Joe gets mowed down by bullets which kill him instantly*

Get the picture?

[Edit] And for the record, Necromacy is bringing dead things back to life through reanimation.. Puppeteering and
Ventriloquism is where we make things talk.

DeletedUser

That thing won't make no-defender into SUPER defender. You will still win unless your level 20 guy's dueling skills were really bad selected.