Gatling Gun

• Thread starter Rolling Thunder
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Your trying to make a "duel" with a gatling gun realistic? When you already have fights between guys with slingshots vs razors, where EACH person gets the same # of attacks? In a real fight, if they had any distance between them, the guy with the slingshot would be doing all the attacking. And if the guy with the razor got close enough to use it, the slingshot would be useless except to club your opponent.

But let's see.....how about the Gatling Gun SHOULD add 15 pts minimum to Appearance, and wouldn't fire until (your appearance-opponents tactics) rounds had passed. (and again, realisticly gatling gun(cold) vs bowie knife(drawn) at 5 feet= win for bowie knife, unless the guy trips climbing over it..)

DeletedUser1105

I don't think it should be available as a one-person weapon. Only as a town-weapon.

DeletedUser3741

You guys realize we are dueling with rocks and slingshots half the time

Come at me with a knife Ill pick up my chain gun and hit you over the head with it

Dont tell me Im not strong enough either, I just cleared an ENTIRE forest in 2 hours by myself

DeletedUser

I want a galting gun! Implement. Make it a town defense weapon though.

DeletedUser

one probelm get behind the gatling gun and the person manning the gun is dead, in other words if u dont carry a pistil in a pocket then ure dead.:dry:

DeletedUser3741

one probelm get behind the gatling gun and the person manning the gun is dead, in other words if u dont carry a pistil in a pocket then ure dead.:dry:

If they can make rock vs shotgun duel legit
and Swords vs Pistols

then they can make gatling guns

DeletedUser

A job icon 'gatling gun' appears on the map in one place only, preferably in an unpopulated area.
A bar reads; percentage complete zero. Danger 200
A player clicks 'begin work' on it and works for two hours.
They then click 'begin work' on it again, only this time % complete reads 1%.
Another player comes up and clicks 'begin work' on it. the time reads '4 hours' Effectively he is in a queue for working on it. Only one person at a time can work on it. After about ten days the gun is complete. The person who wa working on it then decides to return to their town with the newly aquired gun.
A notice comes up 'you cannot move the gatling gun as you do not have enough horses' The player is stuck there. he mails some town mates, one of them who has two horses buys a couple of extra ones and goes to the site of the gatling gun. But he can't get the gun. he kicks the player who has the gun out of the town and duels him until he is dead. he can then click 'begin work'. Straight off he can get the gatling gun. He clicks to return to his town, which is at the other side of the map. he can do this but notices that the time it takes is 97 days 11 hours and 15 minutes. he then decides to put into the hotel in the nearest town, it takes him 7 hours but he gets there. he mails his town mates to bring more horses. Someone who has been saving up for an expensive item manages to get 20 donkies and sets off to the site of the gatling gun. tbc......

DeletedUser

Bad idea. maybe make it a rare drop for robbing military trains or forts.

And yeah. duels should be more realistic since duels are supposed to be with revolvers and not a bunch of crap like rocks and slingshots and knives. that should be called something else like maybe a "Fight"!?

DeletedUser1105

I actually quite like that idea Ulthor!

How would it work if people from many different towns worked on it? Who gets the gun?

DeletedUser

The last person to work on the gun as it is completed get's it. they then have the great problem of getting it back home, during which time someone else can kill them and the gun stays where it is until the next person with enough horses to move it comes along. it would be an epic journey with potential for an epic battle. A bit like a giant game of rugby [american football]

DeletedUser

Well how you play is: you hit the other guy and scream "Thats my horse". then he hits you and screams the same. whoever can't get up first loses. Usually played in order to resolve who gets something instead of the less tame rock-paper-scissors

DeletedUser1105

Robbos, I may have to try that!

IS there any other benefit to working on the gun? I.e. XP or money, or items? Because otherwise I wouldn't want to put a load of time into something which I have slim chance of actually getting to my town.

DeletedUser

No benefit wahtsovever, in fact it is very dangerous. That si part of the appeal that you may have actually put a lot of work in and get nothing. hence your motivation for ambushing the carrier before they get to their hometown and safety.

DeletedUser

I think, the Gatling gun isnt that very accurate to the historical background of this game. This game is supposed to be in the Gold Rush era, about 1849. The Gatling gun was invented probably about in the Civil War in the 1860s. To be fair, it cannot be carried by one man. It should remain in the town for it to protect that town against shootouts. If there are Gatling guns, why don't we have cannons too? At least that is more accurate :)

DeletedUser1105

No benefit wahtsovever, in fact it is very dangerous. That si part of the appeal that you may have actually put a lot of work in and get nothing. hence your motivation for ambushing the carrier before they get to their hometown and safety.

So why would people work on it?

Everyone would sit about waiting for it to be worked on by someone else, so they can ambush them.

DeletedUser

i think it would be a cool weapon.... but preaviously said: it would be really good for a defence on a town or something like that.

DeletedUser

bill i'm not emotionally attached to the idea of the gatling gun per se, although 1860 is old-west enough to pass my dateline.
monkey, they would work on it first of all in ignorance, then when they had figured out what was going on would probably wait to ambush. of course you don't know how complete it is until the work is finished so it's best to be safe. anyway use your imagination.
wight-yes intended as a fixed item in a town's defence.

DeletedUser

i think you donkey would carry it around and then u tap a guy on the shoulder and say B>Y>E, yes i would love to see it