an end to the dueling arguement?

should greenhorn be reinstated, and the class abilities be raised?

• Total voters

DeletedUser1105

Yes, either paying the shaman a huge chunk of cash or doing a long winded quest (proving you would be a good dueller to the shaman before he will change your class, or a good soldier, or a good....).

Both ideas would work.

DeletedUser

Often it seems that a topic has majority support in the discussion but when you look at the results it is losing. I'm guessing that maybe people just look at the proposition without reading the argument.
By the way I can't vote on this or any other polls. Anyone got any idea why this is?

DeletedUser1105

I am having the very same problem Ulthor. I thought it was strange too.

And yes, it annoys me that people vote against an idea and yet do not post an argument against it.

DeletedUser

I liked the original version of the game where you could chop and change your character with no penalty at all :)

Guess thats never going to come back though

I think Greenhorn protection should be raised to level 15 although you have the choice to choose at level 10 after that tough you have to pick a class

DeletedUser

I think the best way to protect workers and peoples who doesn't want to duel is a sheriff feature in town.
Town founder appoints a sheriff ,who sets privileges whom the visiting dueler can attack and whom he cant.
If the visiting dueler still wants to attack workers, he has to face the sheriff.If he beats the sheriff, then he can duel whomever he wish.

DeletedUser1105

It shouldn't be quite like that, I don't think. Making them HAVE to fight the sherriff is quite harsh, I think. I think maybe they have a certain chance of having to fight the sherriff, so sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

DeletedUser

No they don't have to fight a sheriff.Only if they want to attack workers.
Maybe sheriff can protect one or two members in a town.All the others you can duel.

DeletedUser2708

Since the Sheriff is supposed to represent law and order coming to the Wild West, there ought to be some sort of protection implemented for towns with one.

DeletedUser

I suggest not being to duel for a limited time if you dont choose a class after lvl 10

DeletedUser

How about..

I feel that greenhorn should be brought back but with conditions. The reason being that newbie characters do deserve a bit of protection when they start out but on the other hand, it is not something that should be abusable.

What I would like to suggest is that greenhorn be brought back for characters up to level 10 or 15. At that point the player would be required to choose a character class. If they refuse to choose, they are unable to join a town, do jobs, buy items, sell items, etc. Basically the game is on hold until a character class is chosen.

This way the newbie protection could be brought back but you would not see level 20 greenhorns hiding behind protection to prevent being dueled.

DeletedUser

I too , have thought about allowing Greenhorns but having them unable to join towns .
To completely freeze their progression seems a bit steep though .

DeletedUser

actually I think greenhorns should be allowed at amy level and the classes be improved. Think about it. If your a town founder are you going to invite a greenhorn or a builder who gets twenty five percent bonus to constructing your town? Or an adventurer who makes twice the cash for you? If the classes were bumped up to be a real significant advatage over one another on different aspects, the limitation of being a greenhorn vs not being attacked will balance itself naturally while allowing hardcore nonpvp players to still enjoy the game. Greenhorns strike me as the guy in the movies who helps when be can but turns coat at the first sign of trouble so he doesn't get hurt. There's a very balanced strategic, gameplay, and role play advantage to this system. Discuss.

DeletedUser1105

I think people need to stop thinking that people who choose to play as greenhorns are cowards. Maybe they get more enjoyment out of the game when they don't have to be duelled.

On this forum, we all need to be a little bit more open minded. This is not tribal wars. Over there, if you are not attacking other towns, you are nothing. This is much, much different. We need to understand that there are many ways of playing this game, and just because one is not how YOU would like to play game, doesn't make it any less of a way to play. That players enjoyment is just as important as your own.

I saw let greenhorns back in and unduellable. Yes, increase the benefits to the classes (but not too much now, we don't want everything to be too unbalanced), but mainly because the current advantages are hardly worth shouting about.

DeletedUser

I still think the original proposal was very sound, elegant actually.

DeletedUser

How about make greenhorns get a minus -50% to EVERYTHING once they reach level 11

DeletedUser

The original idea isn't good, but the guard town job sounds great, so let's talk about that again.

As for the incentive; builders got xp for building, although you could say "working for the greater good should be reward enough". Higher duel lvl means you are defending against tougher opponents = more xp/cash.

Obviously this would be queued just like any other job, and would require certain skills; Tactics, riding, shooting, or something. Whatever would work well with patrol and defense.

The risk rating would be an undefined variable, since this would entirely rely on whom visits town. The guarding soldier would be able to intercept incoming duelers, and thus protecting workers from getting preyed upon.

Shouldn't be 100% chance of blocking incomings though, as this would be an effective duel block, but depending on skills used for the job, and the amount of labour points, the chances of blocking ought to increase. This said, simply blocking wouldn't do much good for a min/maxed "town blocker", since he must also be able to win and survive the attacker, to fend him off.

Question then would be; how many duels should he be able to block in say each 10/30/60/120 min period? Too many, and he dies. Tough luck some would say, and in a way, I agree to that.

As for the original idea; I don't think giving +100% class feature is feasable. This would further label classes, and with the premium feature wich does the same.... we'd have utter imbalance on our hands.

How about just making it so that you can NOT level up to lvl 11 as greenhorn?
You will simply NEVER get that last digit xp UNTIL you choose a class.