Boxing Match - World 9

DeletedUser

I asked for contest suggestions and a Boxing Match (unarmed combat) was one of the more popular suggestions. I'm thinking the rules should be pretty simple.

1. No weapons allowed **
2. There will be different 'weight' classes based on dueling level (because character level might make us run into problems with duels not possible).
3. It is up to the players to schedule and complete their matches within the allotted time frame. Any player(s) that does not participate in the scheduled match is out.
4. No cash is to be carried on hand during the boxing matches. **
5. The challenger will travel to the defenders town to initiate the fight.

If you have any suggestions or changes to these rules please post them here. Was thinking when we get down to the final 2 that maybe they could carry cash so that the winner in each class will get a reward.

So everybody interested in the boxing matches sign up. Proper format is:

In game name:
Character Class:
Dueling Level:

We can start scheduling matches once we have enough people participating.

**The players that are matched against each other can decide whether or not the most basic weapons can be used in the fight (pebble, broken jug). Players are also allowed to bet on the outcome of the fight. All agreements must be in writing before the fight starts such as if basic weapons will be used or if money will be wagered. If money is waged the exact amount of money to be carried by each fighter is to be agreed upon. Remember, you only win 1/3 of the cash on hand, unless you are a dueler. If you are a dueler then you will have to adjust the amount of cash carried by your opponent.

boxingmatchw9.jpg

boxingmatchw9.jpg

NAME: Venus Tabak
CLASS: Melee Soldier
DUELLING LEVEL: 59
v
In game name: Ripp3r WINNER
Character Class: Worker
Dueling Level: 66

In game name:Mr.Iceman WINNER
Character Class: Dueler
Dueling Level:28
v
In game name: Dravigas
Character Class: Soldier
Dueling Level: 28

In Game Name: The Sexy Assassin
Character Class: Soilder
Dueling Level: 43
v
In game name: Crazy Shooter WINNER
Dueling Level: 38

In game name:Jim PlunderSilver WINNER
Character Class:Soldier
Dueling Level:40
v
In game name:neo-quick
Character Class:Worker (not re-specced)
Dueling Level:34

In game name: George Hurst
Character Class: Adventurer
v
In game name:Sauceysauce WINNER by forfeit
Character Class:Worker (non re skilled, gonna show what a pure builder can do!!!)
Dueling Level:42

Challengers are listed first, defenders are listed 2nd. You have from today until the end of June 11th to complete your matches. If anyone chickens out they automatically lose.

The winner should either post a screenshot or the outcome of the duel in the post where they signed up. Good luck everybody! Let the carnage begin.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How can Ranged fighters compete in this seeing as Fist is Melee? :unsure:

Why not make it, lowest weapons fighting? Pebble Vs Broken Jug or similar.

DeletedUser

I'll sign up for this :) (as long as the fights are to far out the way :S)

In game name: Ripp3r
Character Class:
Worker
Dueling Level:

EDIT - increased duelling level

98646489.png

Rip, ripped me apart with his working hands! Congratulation! :D

DeletedUser

It's all for fun. You can have on your best gear. Your aim may be higher than theirs. Lots of factors come into play besides vigor. They won't have a weapon on either. Trust me, I'm a pure builder in one world and without a weapon I'm lucky to land a hit for even 6 points.

DeletedUser

or for a ranged duelers only with pebble vs pebble or pebble vs broken jug
because ranged duelers have 0 or very few vigor skillpoints compared to Malee, so doesn't matter how many Aim/Dodging and Apearance/Tactics ranged dueler have, if he can't posibly do demage.

DeletedUser

In game name:Mr.Iceman
Character Class:Dueler
Dueling Level:28

Ripp3r scared me XD

gfgfg.jpg

:)

DeletedUser

A ranged can do damage with no weapon equipped. There is a quest called Kate's ring where you have to duel an NPC without a weapon. I've done it with my ranged fighter and won. You can deal damage. Putting a weapon into a melee fighters hand isn't going to help a ranged dueler win. If anything, that will help the melee fighter have a larger advantage.

DeletedUser

I have done this Denisero. I landed maybe 6 times for 1-2 pts. My opponent(a melee fighter) landed twice for about 12pts each. Not a hope in hell :laugh:

DeletedUser

one way of doing it would be to have melee vs melee..... but I don't see any easy way to prove what class each person is "easily" lol

DeletedUser

This is only for signups and suggestions for rules. If you aren't doing either one then please don't post here. I'm deleting all other posts to keep this area free of spam. Thank you!

How about this: The players that are matched against each other can decide whether or not the most basic weapons can be used in the fight (pebble, broken jug). Players are also allowed to bet on the outcome of the fight. All agreements must be in writing before the fight starts such as if basic weapons will be used or if money will be wagered. If money is waged the exact amount of money to be carried by each fighter is to be agreed upon. Remember, you only win 1/3 of the cash on hand, unless you are a dueler. If you are a dueler then you will have to adjust the amount of cash carried by your opponent.

Edit: Lol! I just reread my first post! I did ask for suggestions. Sorry guys, been up all night. I'll put your posts back. :blink:

DeletedUser

In game name: Dravigas
Dueling Level: 28

DeletedUser

In game name: George Hurst
Character Class: Adventurer

DeletedUser

negative hits against high def opponent?
I can already see those -1 and -2 against those players in top toughness from the ranged duelers.

DeletedUser

Sounds fun xD

In Game Name: The Sexy Assassin
Character Class: Soilder

DeletedUser

ganged??

I think the best is to do paebble with pebble for ranged and fist-to-fist for meelee ones. anyway, IF we do it pebble with pebble I'm in!

In game name: Crazy Shooter
Dueling Level: 40

(in the title I ment ranged!)

DeletedUser

Hitting Builders Is Wrong....

In game name:Jim PlunderSilver
Character Class:Soldier
Dueling Level:40 and proud of it!

I Thank My Fellow Germans For This (Savage?) Victory!:)(he used a clay jug and i used pebble but i had like over 50+ shooting)
jiimwins2.jpg

jimwinsduel.jpg

DeletedUser

NAME: Venus Tabak
CLASS: Melee Soldier
DUELLING LEVEL: 59

@Rip: As soon as I`m in another town we can have a little boxing match... will be tricky with your 90 points in toughness. :)

DeletedUser

heard a whisper in the trees, strong man! Ok, only 80 in your present rags, rank 9 under Skills... :)