duel reports settings?

DeletedUser

I've been playing around with the duel report settings to see who can see them and whatnot. I have two set for world view and two set for town view. the only problem is that I haven't figured out HOW somebody would view them... any thoughts?

I'll update if I figure it out myself, but thought I'd get more peeps working on it.

Try checking out my profile and see if you can see the duels, if so please send me a message letting me know what you did.

thanks

FFF

DeletedUser

I think it has something to do with BB codes.. sorry I can't seem to figure it out myself :p
Maybe there's a way to "forward" it like you can forward reports in tribal-wars.

DeletedUser

not trying to punk you baypack, but just chose our duel as the test subject.

[report=66509743be7dab867]Duel: Bay Pack vs. Fast Finger Fred[/report]

can people on the forums read this?

edit (nope) perhaps just used for mail then. and posting in the town forums.... although why the fort option...?

FFF

DeletedUser

lol, by 1 point. Ouch.

But yes, I could view it (created a new mail and previewed it)

You get this BBCode form opening up the report, and clicking the Link Report in the top right area (little link globe)

DeletedUser

yea baypack and I take turns beating the snot out of each other. good dueler. And thanks to everyone who helped me figure this out, it's always nice to get new features in the game and I like to know how I can best use them.

Happy Hunting.
FFF

DeletedUser

make it public mate its next to that link that you got your report thing from.

try it and if its wrong than sorry

DeletedUser

All the duels I made public I set back to private. didn't feel the need to boast about my losses or wins, was just checking how to use them and now I do. You can use the BB code to paste in your profile, town forums or mail.

thank you for the mails and post helping to figure things out. as far as I'm concerned we could close this post.

DeletedUser

Alter access restrictions

That still is not an answer to how the town views your reports that you made available. (that is an alternate way). If you look at your reports there is a lock icon to Alter access restrictions? I made some of my dueling reports available to town members... hoe do you access them?

DeletedUser

once you unlock the report by access ing the restrictions (the icon with a face on it) to make them viewable by your town or the world, you have two options. one would be to copy and past the code onto your profile so those looking at your profile can read them, or you can post them in your town forum. you do this by clicking on the "link Report" icon the one with the world and the chain and copying that code to paste where you want it.

When you paste it will look like this: [report=7538890d30319d447]Duel: MadLordDave vs. Fast Finger Fred[/report]

others will just see the highlighted link [Duel: MadLordDave vs. Fast Finger Fred] which they will be able to click on and view.

hope this helps clear things up?

FFF

DeletedUser

Now that this update has been out a few weeks, keep in mind that once the duel report is auto-deleted from your history, the report is no longer viewable.