Dueling restrictions (class hit points)

DeletedUser

I think the wording of duels should be changed, for the simple reason that it would stop a lot of these threads.

I'm sure duellers wouldn't mind being called bandits and duels being called 'attacks' or 'muggings' or whatever.

Anything to stop the weekly 'Ban duelling' thread!

How may times have I said the same thing (I have got bored of saying it now)

Change the Title call them Bandits and call the duel an ambush after all that's what it is 95% of the time

We will still have the complaints but at least it will stop one line of the argument :)

DeletedUser

In agreement here , it's a silly argument , but it keeps popping up again , and again , and..............

DeletedUser

The archetypal inane response of the terminally irritating.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much in her name choice.

DeletedUser5046

better not (=T_T=)...

*The west isnt fun wit out dueling*

*its part of the game, part of history and forever will be...*

DeletedUser

May I suggest that how often you duel the same person be changed from 1 hour to 3 hours. This would make it possible for the weak to do a 2 hour job without getting knocked out by one guy on a vendetta against them, while still allowing the strong to attack those they consider to be deserving 5 or 6 times a day without losing sleep. Even the most aggressive of us can agree that is more than enough times in one day. I am making this suggesting after being chased around all day every day by someone who isn't even mad at me, who dosn't even want money or experience from me, but rather wants to lash out at one of my town members who he can't beat, through me. I feel I am a third party facing the consequences of other peoples actions, and while it wouldn't be fair to say stop them altogether, it is not outrageious to ask that there be a long enough break inbetween to do a 2 hour job. In general, most people are incapable of limiting themselves, so I suggest that a rule be implemented into the game limiting the frequency in which we can attack the same person to once every 3 hours. This of course does not apply if you are attacking different people each time. This rule also would not prevent multiple friends from getting together and all attacking the same person at the same time.

Please do not interpret my commments as a personal attack against anyone here, it is only a suggestion and not meant to hurt anyones feelings.

DeletedUser

One hour is fine. what's so cool about 'the weak', surely they are strong in certain respects, perhaps in the ability to earn money? Because they chose that path? You want to have the advantages of the path you have chosen but not the disadvantages. i guess that is weak-minded.

DeletedUser

I don't think I was in a normal situation. I talked to the guy and he told me he wasn't trying to get money. He was going after the town members of a guy he was angry at, I just happened to be one of the town members. Usually when people attack me its for money or experience. But he would just do it every hour to try and knock as many of us out as possible. A Vendetta with a capitol Natalie Portman. I don't mean to block normal game play or town wars in any way with this suggestion.

Ulthor
Calling me weak minded is rude and hurtful. You could easily have ended that comment one sentence earlier but put that little extra effort to add alittle personal insult to what otherwise was a reasonable comment. Insults were the last thing I wanted to draw when I made that suggestion. Constructive critism is reasonable enough.

DeletedUser

OK OK OK, it wasn't meant to be be hurtful. It is just really wearying how often people have the same unbalanced bright idea. You will see what i mean if you are active on these forums. The same thing gets put forward again and again and everyone expects to have the same thing patiently explained to them. It's not your fault, so i shouldn't take it out on you.

There are a number of practical suggestions in discussion to address the 'problem' you highlight. Indeed i have put forward one myself. it's funny that people that like to whinge about duelling seldom take part in the practical debates about mechanisms to give them practical redress. I suspect that the reason for that is that it takes thought and strategy rather than just getting the game to fix it so you are protected without having to think.
If you are different to that then welcome to the debate.