Dueling the same player over and over and over

DeletedUser

Doesn't dueling someone require energy?..they should run out of energy to duel you eventually right?

DeletedUser

Yet another ad hominem attack heard from. Cant dispute the point, so make a straw man and attack that. There is no right way and no wrong way to play a game. Those who play for escape, fine, do it with the collective blessing. But for somebody who puts the time and effort to say nothing of creative energy into the creation of story lines for a character to navigate through, theres not a thing in the world wrong with that either.
My real name is not Prudhomme, suprise suprise. The actual BT Prudhomme was a 19 year old kid the day he was killed in action at Gettysburg carrying the flag of the Ninth Alabama volunteers over the stone wall on Cemetery Ridge. I took his life story, sparse as it was and created the persona seen in these forums and the town of Rio Vaqueros in world three. Its a what if he had lived kind of thing, since Im a long distant cousin, I cant help but do that. I dont need anybody to tell me how to imagine or to dream...I can do that just fine. As for holding my hand, save that for the senoritas, me intiendes?

Just keep taking the medication buddy

DeletedUser

this is alredy put into effect as when someone duels u over and over again their motivation goes down causing them to get less money, experience from dueling anyone.
besides, think of it this way... that would be like not being allowed to farm in tribal wars

DeletedUser

Basically the devs thought of this and put in a very elegant solution to it. Obviously too elegant for many to comprehend.

DeletedUser

So funny I forgot to laugh

Oxotower, is that the best you got? Pretty darn feeble from where Im sitting...but then so are most of your arguments. Guess I shouldnt be suprised.

Reyne

I think that people should just stop whining about being dueled. Like the original poster said, he only loses $7. It is mostly a hindrance.

This is a strategy. One town has it's duelers harass and KO another town's workers/adventurers so that the town cannot be built as fast as theirs.

Stop whining and find yourself some duelers to attack back and KO the other town's duelers.

Why the heck should it matter to them how fast another town is built? :blink:

Stop whining when other people propose balance.

DeletedUser

It matters to them because they see themselves as being in competition. So restricting your town's growth gives me satisfaction. like if I stop you scoring a goal.

Reyne

This isn't sports. There are character classes for a reason. I've seen it said several times in this thread for people to become a dueler to fight them back.

I'm sure the developers love this as its effectively telling others to under-utilize part of the game they've put time and effort into creating. Nice going. If there are no arguments to counter, just attack the poster.

DeletedUser

Well here's a counter....If the dueller class is so over-favoured, how come the rankings don't reflect it? Don't avoid the question with waffle , just answer it.

Reyne

Because the rankings don't include merely duels won, duels lost stats.

And rankings don't make the game.

DeletedUser

So in what way do you measure your assertion about duellers having it so easy?
Is it because the mighty Reyne says so? Or will you explain yourself with anything other than anecdotes about your own lack of wit, planning and general ineptitude?
You aren't getting off the hook on this one, answer the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reyne

So in what way do you measure your assertion about duellers having it so easy?
Is it because the mighty Reyne says so? Or will you explain yourself with anything other than anecdotes about your own lack of wit, planning and general ineptitude?
You aren't getting off the hook on this one, answer the question.

I'm not on a hook. I do not have to defend myself. And you are mixing threads. Again you demonstrate that if you can't fault the argument, you'll attack the player.

I claim duelers have it easier in that they can now attack anyone they choose of any class, even those several ranks weaker. They get experience points and money for 5 seconds of "work." It takes two hours for us to get what you can steal or destroy in 5 seconds. That's how they have it easier.

Stop being deliberately obtuse. Come up with a solution, a real solution, not some of the same tired empty phrases and insults. People join towns, put their money in banks and upgrade them. It can't all be done overnight, however.

How many duelers or soldiers have you attacked? How many of those have been higher ranked than you buy at least five ranks?

If seeking balance makes me "Mighty Reyne," then I thank you for the compliment.

DeletedUser

Oxotower, is that the best you got? Pretty darn feeble from where Im sitting...but then so are most of your arguments. Guess I shouldnt be suprised.

I have a whole lot more but then I am not here to have an argument only put forward ideas ,that is the idea with this part of the forum or had you not noticed what it is called ?

If you really want to cross swords with me then do it in the game or do you want to avoid conflict in there ?

DeletedUser

Before I say anything else, I just want to make it clear that I am a worker who specializes in building, not a duelist.

That said, I think it's as ridiculus to be upset about always losing duels when you don't build up any defensive skills as it would be to complain about being burglarized when you left your doors open and mail piling up when you went on vacation.

Most of my attribute and skill points have gone toward the construction area, but I've made sure that I put some into other areas to help me defend myself in duels and earn money when my motivation for building is low or the town treasury is empty. I'm not a top ranking duelist, and my town isn't even in the top 100, but my town and I are also not in the botom of the rankings.

We all make choices and live with the consequences of them. If you want to be the best at what you do (building, etc.) don't be surprised if you fall victim to others who are good at what they do (duelists).

Reyne

And have you experienced starting a job, get a duel message, then finished the job? Doesn't that seem the slightest bit buggy to you?

DeletedUser

I'm almost always doing a job, sleeping or traveling between jobs. Every time I've been challenged, it's been while I was doing a job. There's no way they could do it differently since most people only go to their towns to sell, deposit and sleep unless they're constructing a building. The other alternative would be to have your job stop when you duel, and that would bother me a lot more.

Reyne

Fine. I give up. Not because I don't think there needs to be better balance, but because I know it will never happen and I'm tired of being insulted by those who have not demonstrated they will suffer anything more than the loss of a few targets.

I'll continue to suffer attacks, my growth will be slower - until I tire of the futility of it and quit - because NO one has offered any solutions that are better to encourage keeping the worker/adventurer classes around. I chose Adventurer, not Adventurerbutgottoplayerduelertoo. At least I offered solutions in another thread.

DeletedUser

Don't stop offering solutions, eventually someone may come up with one that almost everyone aggrees with. I'm not even sure if you're one of the people I was talking about, but I constantly see people say they can't defend themselves because they're builders. I admit that I lose almost as many duels as I win, but I don't keep money on me longer than I absolutely have to and have won more cash than I've lost - knock on wood!

DeletedUser

Put forward ideas? Yeah, right. Tell you what, if you dont want arguments then quit making patronizing remarks like that. "Keep taking the medication...?" What was that, other than to imply that Im in some sort of drug induced stupor and incapable of cogent thought, while you of course offer Buckleyesque pearls of wisdom with your every statements. Give me a break.............