Duels

Jabor

Its so annoying to be forced into duels and pass out. Then you have to either sleep for 8 hours or use a lot of items you dont have in the early game. Unless you change it so people can't randomly attack you, please let us keep the energy and at least 1 hitpoint. Not sure if it exists, but a 24 hour immunity from attacks afterwards would also be great. Its actually real simple; if you give players the oppertunity to ruin the game for others, they will do so with great pleasure and a grin on their face. Not cool to be forced to encourage that sort of behaviour. Not all of us are playing the game just for PvP. Just my opinion. -Jabor-

White Wolf

Hello :) If you get KO'd you have a 3 day immunity from attacks, provided that you do not attack someone yourself in that period. You can also invest in a defence set or simply go townless, to avoid duels altogether

Ektoras BOTrini

Its so annoying to be forced into duels and pass out. Then you have to either sleep for 8 hours or use a lot of items you dont have in the early game. Unless you change it so people can't randomly attack you, please let us keep the energy and at least 1 hitpoint. Not sure if it exists, but a 24 hour immunity from attacks afterwards would also be great. Its actually real simple; if you give players the oppertunity to ruin the game for others, they will do so with great pleasure and a grin on their face. Not cool to be forced to encourage that sort of behaviour. Not all of us are playing the game just for PvP. Just my opinion. -Jabor-
People like you is what InnoGames is listening to unfortunately , why are you crying about duels if it's part of the game? If you don't want to get dueled simply don't join a town. Crying about it in the forum will not change anything and shows how bad of a player you are. I hate with all my passion crybabies like you and I will keep dueling people like you. When you join a town you should also accept the consequences which is you getting dueled every 72 hours or whenever you decide to wake up. Deal with it.

Symbiote

duels are lame because they are most predictable outcome as not everyone is constanlty wearing a spike armor, people open to attacks either don't know about self-ko or don't care at all for being attacked

if there was a way to turn off being target for duel there would be no more duels, thus if you think about a way to switch on/off available for pvp you should add some bonus for being open to target. currently, that would be partaking in a town. don't want duel? don't join friends and be a lone wolf on the west. you can only have friends and allies if you are willing to at least kys every 72h. you could totally add something like being left with 1% of your life and that counts as a knock out for 72h, but the thing is there is no penalty for actually dieing in the game. dead? drink a tonic and you are good to go back to work. wth??

death should give you an obligatory 8h sleep in hotel because... man you died!! since death means nothing people don't mind, only the loss of energy is a bummer when it comes unnanounced and the money you earn from duel you could earn in 5 minutes of farming without harm to others.

knock out and death should be different things, death applying 8h of locked hotel and knock out only putting you away from duels for 24h. now, why would you not be on this safe-duel system? only if the open pvp had some kind of reward for being there. you can switch world pvp on/off in wow but you earn more rewards when it's on; people at times don't attack each other solely because of that and prolly is just that both are seeking the bonus. to be 8h bed ridden, being a target must have a big reward for that.

i thought about... knocking out someone gives you a bonus, killing someone gives you a better bonus and ending the killing spree of another dueller reaps his stacked bonuses [these don't pass foward], so activelly going after duels would grant you a benefit and not only the risk of being away for 8h.

but since none gotta happen to make duels interesting again, get out of town or kys with a friend and drink a wonder tincture. no one in their sane mind sleeps for 8h, only the people who don't know there is a sleeping set. this is the kinda of intel you only discover when people tell you that lol

Huscarle.

duels are lame because they are most predictable outcome as not everyone is constanlty wearing a spike armor, people open to attacks either don't know about self-ko or don't care at all for being attacked

if there was a way to turn off being target for duel there would be no more duels, thus if you think about a way to switch on/off available for pvp you should add some bonus for being open to target. currently, that would be partaking in a town. don't want duel? don't join friends and be a lone wolf on the west. you can only have friends and allies if you are willing to at least kys every 72h. you could totally add something like being left with 1% of your life and that counts as a knock out for 72h, but the thing is there is no penalty for actually dieing in the game. dead? drink a tonic and you are good to go back to work. wth??

death should give you an obligatory 8h sleep in hotel because... man you died!! since death means nothing people don't mind, only the loss of energy is a bummer when it comes unnanounced and the money you earn from duel you could earn in 5 minutes of farming without harm to others.

knock out and death should be different things, death applying 8h of locked hotel and knock out only putting you away from duels for 24h. now, why would you not be on this safe-duel system? only if the open pvp had some kind of reward for being there. you can switch world pvp on/off in wow but you earn more rewards when it's on; people at times don't attack each other solely because of that and prolly is just that both are seeking the bonus. to be 8h bed ridden, being a target must have a big reward for that.

i thought about... knocking out someone gives you a bonus, killing someone gives you a better bonus and ending the killing spree of another dueller reaps his stacked bonuses [these don't pass foward], so activelly going after duels would grant you a benefit and not only the risk of being away for 8h.

but since none gotta happen to make duels interesting again, get out of town or kys with a friend and drink a wonder tincture. no one in their sane mind sleeps for 8h, only the people who don't know there is a sleeping set. this is the kinda of intel you only discover when people tell you that lol
In short, what if we opened an intensive care unit in the Wild West?
5-Recomendaciones-para-organizar-adecuadamente-una-UCI.jpg

Symbiote

In short, what if we opened an intensive care unit in the Wild West?

no way you got stabbed in the head 8 times, eat a cake dough drink tea and you are good to go!!

if this was applied to fort fight deaths... that would be insane :D is why we don't stab people with bayonett, just hit them hard in the head with the stock and take their barrack!!

Poker Alice

People like you is what InnoGames is listening to unfortunately , why are you crying about duels if it's part of the game? If you don't want to get dueled simply don't join a town. Crying about it in the forum will not change anything and shows how bad of a player you are. I hate with all my passion crybabies like you and I will keep dueling people like you. When you join a town you should also accept the consequences which is you getting dueled every 72 hours or whenever you decide to wake up. Deal with it.
This is correct, dueling is part of the game and a player can choose not to join a town. Not belonging to a town lets members do everything town members can do with the exception of dueling. The fees attached for using town services is not a huge burden on the pocket book. So if a player doesn't like duels then they can opt out to be an independent cowboy and free to roam the range.

Dueling isn't a problem townless. Still it should be okay for InnoGames to listen to all its members not just a selected few. I don't think @Jabor is being a "crybaby" by simply expressing some of his thoughts on the game. Unless there is something I am missing, if you truly for real actually hate someone for what they might think about in reference to an online video game then I fear you might have a much larger problem?

Jabor

I thank most of you for your responses. As I'm new to the game, I was not aware of being able to avoid duels by simply not joining a town. I'm now a lone wolf, and problem solved. As Symbiote said; "this is the kinda of intel you only discover when people tell you that lol". I could very well have been warned at some stage, but dont judge me for not reading every waiver thrown at me :p

Clever Hans

I thank most of you for your responses. As I'm new to the game, I was not aware of being able to avoid duels by simply not joining a town. I'm now a lone wolf, and problem solved. As Symbiote said; "this is the kinda of intel you only discover when people tell you that lol". I could very well have been warned at some stage, but dont judge me for not reading every waiver thrown at me :p
Not your fault, they could have done a better job with the game tutorial which is totally out of date like many other features in this game.

Basically, you could go townless or die in a duel for 72h protection. That 72h period can be initiated whenever you want or ended early (e.g. you could set a duel on a player in dueling cloths by removing your items when your energy and HP are already low; if you are already KOd, it will cost you only 1 energy point).

Symbiote

agree heavy Hans, the introduction to the game is HORRIBLE both for newcomers and veterans. open each feature from town, just forgot to tell town shop items are outdated, people sleep in forts and sleep sets cut 2/3 of sleep time

Artem124

i love dueling complainers.. their the reason we get these crappy updates.. inno only listens too them!!