Fort battle help request

DeletedUser

Hi i'm Ol virginny founder of virginia city

we need some help as we are outnumbered 3 to 1

oops

anyway the reason we are attacking is we made a nap with dead wolf canyon and they started attacking us breaking the nap.

so I attacked the fort.
They also planted a spy in our town and have been reading our forums
I think that is dishonorable and I run an honorable town
We do what we say!

I am offering free shopping passes, alliances with towns that would like,
Donations to town treasury, or ??
please messag me soon the attack is in 6 hours

DeletedUser

How is your town able to attack? It doesn't have the 24500 needed construction points. Your town only has 12801 construction points.

DeletedUser

I think that is a very interesting question... I was wondering about that too - You know the rules only say....

Calling a fort battle

Just a town's Counselor can call for a fort battle. He has to go to the fort to do so. An attack costs between $3000 and $10000, depending on the fort's size. The money is taken from the town's treasury of the attacking town. The battle takes place 24 hours after this.
So you might only need the points to begin to build one... not to fight for one! Fascinating!!!!

I hope the game doesn't do something nasty like eat your money and not let you have the fight when the time comes... Like when you have scheduled a duel with someone and they go to sleep and you can't cancel in time... You lose the energy the fight would have cost.

I would love to know the answer to this one!

By the way -- Good luck in your battle Ol Virginny

DeletedUser

That would be a bug and not working as intended. I have no idea what would happen if the attacker would win in that situation but it is not supposed to be possible at all.

DeletedUser

You only need the town points to build a fort. Attacks only cost 1500 and can be done by a counselor

DeletedUser

But points wise your town isn't large enough to have the fort if you won the battle for it.

DeletedUser

The cost to attack a fort is the same as it is to found one and they vary based on size. The attacker must also meet the minimum requirements to 'found the fort' in order to attack. If that is not happening then it is a bug and will be fixed/dealt with.

The devs never meant for smaller towns to be able to get around the fort requirements by simply paying to attack a fort.

You could even say that scheduling such an attack after knowing this is a bug would be breaking this rule:
§5) Bugs

Each player is required to report critical errors immediately to the game support. Taking advantage of a bug will result in being excluded from the game or punishment

I am not saying that you broke the rule because how would you know it was a bug unless it was reported and posted on the forums as such. It is definitely a bug though and has now been reported as such for any future actions taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hope I dont get in trouble I didnt know the button let me LOL

Anyway Is anyone gonna help? Please we need it

DeletedUser

Each player is required to report critical errors immediately to the game support.

:eek:hmy:

Each player who reads this thread is going to have to immediately report the error. I'm probably in trouble for typing this before having done so.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure but wouldn't anyone who helped after reading this also be breaking the rule about bugs? :unsure:

DeletedUser

I dont think they should after all the attack was started before it was discovered

DeletedUser

I think it would be awesome if it wasn't a bug! That would be a great way for a little town to be able to take a fort. Of course once you have the fort, you would probably be able to attract enough high level players to help you finish building it. Maybe then you would be able to finish building your town too!

DeletedUser

I'm not sure but wouldn't anyone who helped after reading this also be breaking the rule about bugs? :unsure:

Yes well it needs to proven whether it is an exploit of a bug or not, the Devs may have intended this to be the way forts work.

DeletedUser

They may have. None of us know at this point so it's anyones guess.