General Dueling Policies

DeletedUser

I don't have any problems with workers being hit, or hitting workers, but like rebelwars says expect the same in response.

If you are able to dissuade people from attacking your workers but are still able to attack others then why the hell not?

DeletedUser

i agree with both rebel and furry if you are a worker then expect to get hit but then why the hell are you not in a town where the fighters protect you by either discouragment retaliation or downright slaughter

ppl pick their character style based on the way they want to play the game

towns make the option of all classes to work as a team to mutual benefit
otherwise their would be no builder class and no player controlled towns
just hotels and shops scattered around with weaponry and ways of moving

just my humble opinion:dry:

DeletedUser16628

I have no issues with dueling adventurers or builders. If they are armed and on my playing field then they should prepare to catch some lead.You make your choice so deal with it and if your town won't defend you well your in the wrong town cause they don't have your back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i have no issues with dueling adventurers or builders. If they are armed and on my playing field then they should prepare to catch some lead.you make your choice so deal with it and if your town won't defend you well your in the wrong town cause they don't have your back.

amin !!

DeletedUser

For example, I really like melee soldiers, but in choosing that design, I hurt for cash and xp. I level slower and I get less cash. Still, I kick plenty of butt, and in that regard, I get to gloat like a little schoolboy about my characters' duel ratio.

I would have to agree. I attack a few workers. If the exp is real high then ya gotta do it. I say attacking a worker is marginally wrong, but it is a game about the west. They were attacked back then too. I only attack them once and move on. Sometimes I may say sorry. It depends on if your a dick and take it personally.

DeletedUser15169

I have no problem attacking adventures, and I will attack a worker but only if their town attacked our workers first.

DeletedUser13484

If a worker can take part in a fort battle and shoot at me, i can duel them and shoot back at them :D

DeletedUser16628

I don't mind like I said hitting them if they are armed in my field of battle or even a fort battle good point Gaffey then it is what it is,But if they have a good sheriff he will hunt you down and ko you. know that I will if you come take a bite of my crew, I'm going to come down on you hard cause it's fun and I'm good @ what I do action is slow right now they come and pick on the lower levels well come play with me.

DeletedUser

I dueled a dueler (fair?) from town Shadow Island (and lost I might add) and got a telegram from the founder MiTcH16495 :p saying "wtf you doin don't attack my builders winge winge winge, gonna k.o your whole town" :rolleyes: . Then got a message from my founder saying he's threatening to go to war with us, asking me to stop. So I've left it.

Is this part of the game? am I missing something? :huh: :huh:

DeletedUser16628

No 1on 1 is not a big deal @ all it's part of the game not all players realize that you can be a tough macho dueler and still be polite to get your point across.Let's go to war after a fair duel is B.S and a child mentality

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13388

I would like your opinion on a matter dear to me.

As I understand dueling, Duelers, Soldiers and Adventurers are fair game. I however get complaints from members coz they are being dueled as Adventurers, I myself am a pure Builder and my policy is that Builders should not be dueled as they use their attributes and skill points mainly for construction purposes which render them extremely defenseless.

So this is my question, how do you guys feel about ADVENTURERS being dueled? :rolleyes:
I feel so good,when i duel unarmed workers and aventurers.The feeling is really great,you have to try this ;)

DeletedUser

why builders shouldnt be attacked?
I'm new to the game and i have a pretty messed up adventurer.
even though i'm in a town (guild or whatever it is called) and i get dueled a lot i;ve never complained about it. it's my decision to join a town and to make this class.

DeletedUser

Dueling workers?

At one point I had questioned dueling workers until a friend pointed out a few things that I had not experienced myself because the game was still new to me, but later found it to be the truth.

Workers/Adventures will an average level up faster than Dueler/Soldier.
To do this they must sacrifice dueling skills and put them into Jobs/Quests.
This makes them an easy target at this point in the game.

Now before you start to feel sorry for them understand that they will have every opportunity to gain revenge if they choose to do so and 9 out of ten
will choose to do so.

If you are an active dueler and you duel with high motivation for xp, you will be at a great disadvantage when the worker with the double bladed lumberjack axe or the adventurer with Hernando's comes looking for revenge.

Example, As an XP dueler you reach game level 40. It is fair to say your duel level is 75, it could be higher or lower but for argument sake lets say 75.

I believe it is also fair to say that a worker/Adv that started about the same time would be around 20 game levels higher possibly more.

soldier/dueler 40 game 75 duel VS wkr/adv game level 60 duel level 65

Thanks to the old Indian guy all those skill points can be moved to dueling.

Unlike Fort Battle XP, dueling XP other than helping you level up in the game level, It should be referred to as a penalty because that is exactly what it is. All the dueling XP in the world does not make you a better dueler, it just allows higher level people to duel you.

With 60+ skill points and 20 Attribute points, a wkr/adv that has done a poor job of placing his newly acquired dueling skills will be difficult to beat and it will continue to get worse for the dueler/soldier from there.

The only thing that is better than winning a duel is winning a duel against someone that used to farm you.

Anyone that has a question about why someone would want to duel with zero motivation, You can find the answer in this post.

If you think its wrong to hit workers because they are an easy target, then go ahead and duel for XP it not a matter of if its a matter of when you become the target.

The Numbers I used here where just for example. They are realistic but yes they could be higher or lower.

DeletedUser

duel with no motivation

I don't understand the concept of dueling with no motivation. Other than the thrill of the duel and the chance of making money--is there any advantage of doing this?

DeletedUser

I don't understand the concept of dueling with no motivation. Other than the thrill of the duel and the chance of making money--is there any advantage of doing this?

The huge amounts of cash it brings in.

The duel points it gains for your town.

The fact you can do more then about 4 duels a day.

DeletedUser

World 10 I am an adventurer, lvl 39 duel lvl 48, I can do both, most quest care needed for dueling, and our town has been at war with another since i started playing. We dont hit builders, unless they hit ours, fair is fair

DeletedUser16628

Yes jk everything the sandman said is very close to accurate I find it's smart to duel 0 motivation for a longer period of time even right now my motivation is 12%AND i'm higher than I want to be as far as dueling level my goal is 10 or less till level 40 very tough to do.

DeletedUser

sandman/infiniti

ok--i see some logic in it, but don't u find that u then are susceptible to lesser duelers with superior weapons/clothing? I am finding that when i duel with 0 motivation, i get no xp and my level remains unchanged. I don't really do jobs because I am called on to fight, and even when i'm not, i'm getting hit. it's hard to win when a guy is 6 levels higher and has a much more formidable weapon.:mad:

DeletedUser16628

Yes understood that's why I pick and choose my time for it because you and I are under heavy pressure to defend we are getting the crap end of the stick and falling behind some of the higher level boys but we can beat them my friend I find it's a good thing to go shopping my wait time is 25+ hours a chance to build up motivation through forced stoppage on my part.we will catch up later.