I'm not getting experience points from duels

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me what's going on - I'm not getting any experience points from some duels despite the help guide stating that you'll always gain at least 5 experience points from a duel as the winner.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm dueling people generally of at least the same level as me if not higher so I would expect to get some XP from this...

DeletedUser14192

I'm not too sure, that's odd. Is there anything weird happening like no hits being taken? (that happened to someone in my town, they were attacked and no body scored a hit and they ended up getting mad cash from it)

DeletedUser

Sounds like you might have run your motivation down to 0 , if thats the case you wont get any xp from the duels untill your motivation rises again

DeletedUser

Sounds like you might have run your motivation down to 0 , if thats the case you wont get any xp from the duels untill your motivation rises again

I guess that's a possibility although I have been doing other jobs in between duels so not sure.

Trouble is there's no way of knowing what your motivation is unlike when you're doing jobs and you can see on the motivation bar - or am I missing something?

DeletedUser

It shows your motivation for duels in the upper right corner when you click in the Saloon to choose an opponent.

DeletedUser

It shows your motivation for duels in the upper right corner when you click in the Saloon to choose an opponent.

Thanks for that Denisero - I'd been choosing to duel people by clicking on the duel icon on their profile - I didn't know about clicking on the saloon and choosing my opponent from there.

I've had a look and my motivation is rock bottom so that would explain things - time to rest my trusty sidearm I think for a while!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's going to take weeks for your motivation to get 90+ again. When im dueling i just let it go down to 50 so it dosent take as long. Theres a good tip mate. Let your motivation only go down to 50 then do some jobs.

DeletedUser

Thanks guys - I'm going to let my trigger finger have a bit of a well earned rest! :D

At least I know for next time...

According to the help guide - with each duel your motivation goes down by 3 points but it automatically goes up by 10 points per day.

DeletedUser11353

It's going to take weeks for your motivation to get 90+ again. When im dueling i just let it go down to 50 so it dosent take as long. Theres a good tip mate. Let your motivation only go down to 50 then do some jobs.
No, it will take him 10 days since he is a soldier, if he were a dueler, it would be 8 and 1/2 days, 7 and 1/4 days for premium dueler.
And here`s a tip for you, don`t let your motivation go below 80%, you wont get much experience that way.

DeletedUser

Ok so If my motivation is 60% it will be 100% in 4 days? Oh ok, well i just let it get below 50 because i get bored so i duel random people. I'm proabaly not going to let it go under 80 anymore because i need to get my dueling level higher.

DeletedUser

I'm not too sure, that's odd. Is there anything weird happening like no hits being taken? (that happened to someone in my town, they were attacked and no body scored a hit and they ended up getting mad cash from it)

if there is no hit or equal total damage the defender wins

DeletedUser

zero motivation is the bestest way - don't fight it, come to the dark side hehe ;)

DeletedUser

zero motivation is the bestest way - don't fight it, come to the dark side hehe ;)

How can it be? You might win the duel but you've got nothing to show at the end of it like some XP or some dollars to buy that nice shiny revolver or machete?! :sad:

DeletedUser

How can it be? You might win the duel but you've got nothing to show at the end of it like some XP or some dollars to buy that nice shiny revolver or machete?! :sad:

experience is over-rated.. the money you get is still 1/3 so you can buy top gear then go up levels (when you look sexy ;) you can make a fortune dueling 20+ peeps per day :)

DeletedUser

experience is over-rated.. the money you get is still 1/3 so you can buy top gear then go up levels (when you look sexy ;) you can make a fortune dueling 20+ peeps per day :)
how about HP?

DeletedUser

Moisley is correct. Low motivation dueling with a resist build is the best path if your intention is to primarily duel. Levels are your enemy since you'll be going up dueling levels too. By preventing the leveling from happening too fast, you maintain a larger group of targets. Level at the same speed as the bulk of the server population and your dueling levels will put you out of the range to earn money from them.

DeletedUser

Moisley is correct. Low motivation dueling with a resist build is the best path if your intention is to primarily duel. Levels are your enemy since you'll be going up dueling levels too. By preventing the leveling from happening too fast, you maintain a larger group of targets. Level at the same speed as the bulk of the server population and your dueling levels will put you out of the range to earn money from them.

Exactly mate, for best results stay at about duelin lvl30-
I haven't gone up a level in over a month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.