jobs in town

DeletedUser

it was an idea tht working wu go towards consrtuction but you got payed but it just being a job is a better idea

DeletedUser

jobs in towns

I think some jobs should be also available in/near towns, for example selling newspapers. Usually people sell newspapers somewhere if there actually is people to buy them, not in middle of the wilderness.
Besides a town would be the most obvious place to sell newspapers, set up posters, shine shoes...etc.
Thats my opinion

DeletedUser

i think it is a good idea, an internal job and the wage could go up depending on the level of the building... the job could be upgraded too...

DeletedUser

that is what i said as well that the higher the building the better the job for example

level 1 hotel - cleaner
level 3 hotel - receptionist
level 5 hotel - manager

and the having shinning shoes etc near by is also a good idea as it makes sence

DeletedUser

Who the hell wants to play a game of being a "hotel cleaner", "receptionist", "barber" or that like. Don't you get enough mundane tripe in your real life? The only things I can think of off hand that would be similar yet moderately interesting would be a sheriff job (maybe protecting non-combatant towns people?) or actually defending a fort (soldiers) or "real" prospecting and staking a claim or building the first Sutter's Mill in world 5 (adventurers and Builders). If you want to be a garbage man in an online game this isn't it.

DeletedUser

garbage man lol who said that one and it adds more jobs to the game without having to move them all around and also what aboout

picking cotton picking tobbacco, mucking out stable and wooling sheep would you do them in real life?

DeletedUser

Once I got past level 10 I don't or very rarely do them. only if I need to complete a quest. I do see you point though. If it adds to your characters story line it could be included.

DeletedUser

The only things I can think of off hand that would be similar yet moderately interesting would be a sheriff job (maybe protecting non-combatant towns people?) or actually defending a fort (soldiers) or "real" prospecting and staking a claim or building the first Sutter's Mill in world 5 (adventurers and Builders).

i will agree with you on this bit! :)

sheriff and fort sounds good jobs! would make the game more interesting!

DeletedUser

sheriff wouod be fun but i think this would be a different idea all together,

i think another good idea would be blacksmith or a coach driver? what do people think of these ones.

DeletedUser

no, not a sherif, a town guard. a proposal for that has already been voted on and sent into the devs for them to consider.

the job should improve with level of the building.

doing the job shouldn't help build the building, because selling stuff or managering a store wouldn't help build the building, all your doing is making money. but the money you make should be donated directly to the town treasury.

i also like the idea of a high luck. cause people do lose things and all.

I also think that doing a job like managering the gunsmith should have a chance of lowering the prices of items there. or it could be a discount only while your working there, although that could be abused. i think after like 10 hours of work there, you should be able to buy 1 item at like a 10% discount. it would make another good reason for people to do the job, besides just that it adds money straight to the town treasury.

DeletedUser

a discount for working there would be good but then would that limit people to only working in one place?

and yes im all for it improving with the building as it is just logic just like the rest of the game

DeletedUser

if the hotel guard idea gets the go ahead then that could also work

along with auctioneer if that idea gets added to the game

DeletedUser

I think perhaps, say if you work at the tailor 5 hours, you get 20%(these are just random numbers) of the sales, or if you work at the hotel, or the market, you get a portion of the fees that are payed by other players. How would that sound? If you are mayor, perhaps you get an automatic tax amount etc, u can change the amount of taxes and so on...oh...or if u feel like being evil, u can do a job like theft, but if u are caught(based on the sheriff level or something like that), u have to lose all ur cash to the town that ur robbing and u are like "banned/jailed" for say a day or whatever u know what i mean :) sounds cool? oh and, this may be off this topic, but i think u should be able to craft the items for ur town's store, and if poeple buy it, u get most of the money and the town gets a bit or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

I think perhaps..

You should'a noticed this thread is from 2008..

DeletedUser30224

and I was reading it all ... Rebow, why your post didn't come up first ?? :p