Low Graphics option

DeletedUser

Actually Google's Chrome is the best browser to play the west in.
and some people do care about how fast is the game much more then how does it look so it would be a huge deference for them.

DeletedUser5046

i wish i could play te west faster on te phone...but actually most phones have options on graphics and font sizes...

• IE isnt tat bad...i am using IE here. . . •

DeletedUser

Frankly, I'd like a low (no) graphics option as I can't play using my office machine. We're limited to IE (7 in my case) and cannot download anything not approved by IT (and we won't get that approval unless there is a business case for needing it). Also, we have an automatic pop-up blocker which is blocking the Javascript from working ever since the last update...

Diggo11

This is good! Gem needs to put this to the polls.

Browser Comparison

Firefox - Works fine and fast. Can't report any bugs as I haven't used it.

Chrome - Works fine and is fast. Unfortunately doesn't open BB-Codes properly, very painful but can be worked around. Occasionally the buttons won't click, easily fixed by refreshing.

Internet Explorer 7/6 - Slow loading which is very irritable; crashes easly. Only played it in this for two days, so no errors known to me.

Internet Explorer 8 - Slow loading again and crashes very easily. Must be run it compatibility mode otherwise total failure. Has some bugs related to the inventory in compatibility mode.

DeletedUser

Unstable in Opera as well.

I've been running TW in Opera for over a month and I'd call it very stable, but slow. However, my other browser games seem to also be slow in Opera. But I haven't tested other browsers on my PC lately, so it could just be my system. :eek:

What sort of problems have you had in Opera? The worst glitches I can think of are display glitches, like the time not showing up under the job icon sometimes. Nothing that actually screws anything up, just little annoyances now and then which I can always work around (so far). The biggest impact on game play is the speed -- or lack thereof -- of scrolling the map; it's a b*tch to do it at all. I usually just go to the minimap and click to zoom back in from there rather than trying to drag the map with my mouse. :dry: But, again, this could just be my system not being up to the task somehow.

DeletedUser

What you are describing there is to me stability issues ;)

Ah. Good thing I asked then. ;) To me stability means it always runs, does everything it has to, doesn't crash, and doesn't cause anything else to crash. The rest is gravy. :dry:

DeletedUser

Well, the timer stops, and java script runs slowly. That hardly constitutes stable.

I might be demanding a bit too much though.

DeletedUser

Well, the timer stops, and java script runs slowly. That hardly constitutes stable.

I might be demanding a bit too much though.

Ew... no, if the timer actually stopped that would suck. On mine it just sometimes gets lazy about showing up in certain places, but I can always see it by clicking the work tab on the right. :eek: As for speed, maybe I'm too much of a techie, but I don't consider speed a stability issue. Playability, perhaps, depending on just how slow it is........

DeletedUser

been using IE 7 and thats been my best option except for 1 thing, sometimes they would ask u to abort the script.

Firefox (to me) feels slower.

only use these 2