Memories of W9 legends and characters

DeletedUser

I'm not even sure I knew the original hastjm as hastjm, but I did talk to him when he came back with a different account. He seemed like a good guy, whereas the new hastjm is a fan of the offline flag rush just like kingsib.

DeletedUser

MPA = Mutual Protection... Alliance?
AoC = Agents of Chaos
AnD = A New Dawn
Galts = Dirty Laundry & Co.
Unity = ???

Those are all the major alliances that existed during the time alliances were officially implemented in the game (apologies to Ruins, Bunnies and other smaller ones)

No, Mutual Protection Association (MPA).

Here's a little memorabilia from the days of the founding of the MPA from Oddville's town forum:

Leona Long Legs, level 120 from Oddville
We now have a new alliance with Fortitude Valley and Diablo Ridge called Mutual Protection Association (MPA).

The alliances involve fort fighting and helping each other on dueling other towns. It would also involve shopping invites. For declaring wars, mutual discussion and agreement before hand would be required.

Written On 12/08/09 at 3:27 AM

benben7, level 0
MPA added more towns to that alliance today with The Second Amendment group of towns joining. We anticipate more additions to MPA in the next few days.

Written On 13/08/09 at 6:03 AM

Leona Long Legs, level 120 from Oddville
[town]Mercenary Outpost-MC[/town]
[town]Redlight district-MC[/town]

have joined the MPA. This is a very good addition to our alliance, Victor Kruger is a very good and clever player, and we are happy that he chose to join with us.

Written On 25/09/09 at 1:05 AM

It was KiwiSport and FFAF, benben7 and I who were behind the founding of the Mutual Protection Association.

I'll soon be gone from the game. Real life has started to seem more attractive to me lately and I won't spend more time on a MMORPG spending so much time sitting in front of my computer. Life is too short for that. Besides, my newfound interest in vintage designer handbags doesn't leave any money available to spend on this game. But it has been some fun years playing together with all you fine people. All the sleep deprivation because of late night or early morning fort battles where I set my alarm clock to get up and be online in them was fun, but all good things come to an end.

I have had some very good chats with fine people, I feel grateful to have had the honor to get to know you all. You know who you are. RIP Badass, I chatted with him in the ingame chat a day or two before he passed away. I'll always remember him.

Thanks to all for having made w9 a fabulous waste of time, meant in the best way. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19965

Hi Legs, great to see you are still around. If you want to know how w9 started this is the lady to talk to:)

DeletedUser

I know you did not forget about the nWo?!?!?!?!:mad:
and there was the Lin group and the Wolf Pack back in the day along with some group called Girls Rule or something like that:p

I was only going by the official alliances within the game mechanics. Maybe I'm just being senile, but I think nWo was never an official name for the alliance? And while yes, the Girls alliance was its separate group for a while before the formation of Unity, I don't think we were relevant enough to merit a mention (also, I honestly forgot about the Girl Triangle being an official alliance, oops :p).

DeletedUser15641

I'll soon be gone from the game. Real life has started to seem more attractive to me lately and I won't spend more time on a MMORPG spending so much time sitting in front of my computer. Life is too short for that. Besides, my newfound interest in vintage designer handbags doesn't leave any money available to spend on this game. But it has been some fun years playing together with all you fine people. All the sleep deprivation because of late night or early morning fort battles where I set my alarm clock to get up and be online in them was fun, but all good things come to an end.

I have had some very good chats with fine people, I feel grateful to have had the honor to get to know you all. You know who you are. RIP Badass, I chatted with him in the ingame chat a day or two before he passed away. I'll always remember him.

Thanks to all for having made w9 a fabulous waste of time, meant in the best way. ;)

gl and may the force be with ya :p ;)

DeletedUser16008

EK was an original group and the Goonies the first had a massive multi bann that killed them off and the goonies were ... well lets just say they were playing for the recoding and point changing until things went south for them too..

special mention to SS Silversnake alliance and also Anasazi before forts arrived that gave many good times.. I ended up going to war on SS for a few weeks and filled Redlight with villains and those i would duel by mailing.. "if you cant beat me then join me" :)

Mailed the top 300 best duelers on w7 to come to w9 for a new town Mercenary Outpost and we filled it as fast as the residences could be built up... it worked they came we went dueling mad for a bit before forts arrived

And who could forget the Greek Elite and Mariachi the best towns to have a dueling night at and party in their saloons...

Ahh the fun of having around 40 duelers in a town war with the Greeks 2 towns 5 mins from my original home town of wealdstone was pure fun fun fun

LLL be safe and healthy hon in all you do and its been a pleasure.

i am glad i left w9 when I did there is nothing sadder than seeing njubs doing something they never could when it was alive with an opposition.

Deleted User - 1278415

i am glad i left w9 when I did there is nothing sadder than seeing njubs doing something they never could when it was alive with an opposition.

We are actually making the best of the situation that we can, with very few fort fighters. We now have what we called bond battles, which honestly are very time consuming. If battles go 5 rounds, we get about 2 bonds, but if they go 50 rounds we get about 8-10 bonds. Tracker John and Kingsib worked out an agreement with Unity and Last Team Standing to wait 46 rounds before killing off everyone, or take the flag in round 51 if necessary to end at 55.

Wagoton, of Last Team Standing alliance has even shared some of the forts with Unity so Unity members can use them for questing. ie "Ghost Fort 4 All" in the corner is shared so everyone can use it now.

PST1409 asked me the other day if we could share out the fort "RIP Hardc0res0ldier" which I gladly gave him a spot.
Speaking of which Wagoton has been paying respect to those of you who have left W9 by renaming forts in your honors.

Here are the current forts with RIP names granted some are still on w9, but as Nebraska Kid4 dies often. We had to show thanks for showing up.

Benben7 Tomb
RIP BEARMAN60
RIP HELENBACK
RIP Lapper
RIP NWO
RIP SauceySauce
RIP VICTOR KRUGER
RIP Aces n Eights
RIP Bill Hastings
RIP Fire Fist Ace
RIP Fly Parker
RIP Hardc0res0ldier
RIP HASTJM
RIP Ionus Qin
RIP mwfossils
RIP OVIE08
RIP Vitamin2002
RIP Below Me
RIP DEADLEG
RIP ELMYR
RIP Jizer
RIP MPA
RIP Nebraska Kid4
RIP Pscspyderr

DeletedUser

Thanks Vic! You are one I'll think of with happy thoughts. Damn, we had fun on the chats and with all our schemings. :D We are two peas from the same pod. ;) And with Ben we were a force to be reckoned with! You take care! :)

And bearman, you take care too. We became friends against all odds and then we joined, alas too late. But it was a pleasure. :)

Fly, you take care too.

By the way, my cat is doing so fine. She has one year survival of her cancer the coming September and I'll most probably have her many years more. And September is Lymphoma awareness month.

Lime-green-ribbon-1.jpg

DeletedUser16008

Yea we sure were LLL if you ever speak to the real benben tell him i wish him well.

GF glad to see theres some sanity returning there, shame about the bonds at least the original chest battles were fun and the possibility of gaining an earpes or a grants etc were a little better than a few bonds lol

Oh how the game has changed ... less and less for the same effort ... reminds me of the world in general ;)

Deleted User - 1278415

Update to the W9 Fort Fighters Memorial fort names:

RIP Leona Long Legs
RIP DrGoob

DeletedUser12669

good luck LLL im glad your cat is doing well and continues to do well i have one and he is fantastic and yet again R.I.P john brown AKA badass2929 for all those who know jock im friends with his son on faceache (facebook) and the family is doing ok

DeletedUser

I imported my w9 toon a while back...i do miss seeing w9 pop up when i log in :(

RIP Diablo Ridge! It was a great town to be in for the yrs i was there.

Deleted User - 1278415

Vitamin would be sad to see that the legendary Silversnake Pass is no longer the #1 town on w9. Wagoton has now taken over that spot.

W9 has 589 players now

DeletedUser

Had alot of good times in World 9. Joined at the open as a newb and was thrust into leadership of my town, Constantinople, when the original leader, Joey Chestnut(?) rage quit after a falling out with someone very early on (the details escape my memory). After that I was thrust into leading the Goyalee Confederacy and tried my best to stem the tide of Vic's apparent eventual dominance despite counting him and his crew as better in-game friends than my own alliance.

The time sink of running suck a large group finally got to me and I had to quit.

EDIT: I'm positively SHOCKED Berkie didn't make your list.

EDIT EDIT: It appears my recollection is more fuzzy than I thought, all this happened on World 10. :p

DeletedUser16008

Had alot of good times in World 9. Joined at the open as a newb and was thrust into leadership of my town, Constantinople, when the original leader, Joey Chestnut(?) rage quit after a falling out with someone very early on (the details escape my memory). After that I was thrust into leading the Goyalee Confederacy and tried my best to stem the tide of Vic's apparent eventual dominance despite counting him and his crew as better in-game friends than my own alliance.

The time sink of running suck a large group finally got to me and I had to quit.

EDIT: I'm positively SHOCKED Berkie didn't make your list.

EDIT EDIT: It appears my recollection is more fuzzy than I thought, all this happened on World 10. :p

LMAO aye old friend your a world out there, ahhh Maybe ill start a thread on W10 memories as the sun has almost set there too. PM me the next time you pass through we'll catch up on some old tales ;)

DeletedUser

screenshot245n.jpg

you guys remember these days ?!
was great player , i missed him and our history in w9 in past :(

DeletedUser

I have no fond memories of cash battles. I absolutely despised them and always considered them an exploit that should never have been allowed to go on.

DeletedUser12669

cash battles hahahaha only a few got anything good from them as for the 3rd key most of us spent shed loads of cash to get one, pure FMS for me cost so much. that was the ony crap memory i had of w9

DeletedUser16008

I have no fond memories of cash battles. I absolutely despised them and always considered them an exploit that should never have been allowed to go on.

Only w9 and w10 had it down to an art, you cant blame the players. After all at the time it started no one had ever seen a good shiny let alone a grants or earpes... ahh those were the days it took loads of effort and a big spreadsheet, was totally random if you got a thing.

Ionus Qin master of excel and calculations.

Ingenuity E Ingenuity ;)