Poker House Proposal

DeletedUser

I guess it is reasonable but you are asking the devs to code in an exception to the default, when $10 is perfectly affordable.....and of benefit to the town. So basically i think it is unecessesary.
I like the basic idea and am trying to make it as simple as possible to put into practice for the devs. that's why 'side-bets' should be earmarked as possible future updates and not be an intrinsic part of the proposal. it can be refined later. We have to get the simple nuts and bolts up and running. Complications should be resisited unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you wish to make it somewhat realistic chronologically, of course, no debt allowed and table stakes. Bank drafts were very suspect in those days when you got very far from the issuing bank due to counterfeiting. I would allow the instant item sell becuase that is like the cowboy throwing his brand newly purchased gun up on the table as a bet or Grandpa's pocket watch.

DeletedUser

If it were possible I reckon players should be able to put their items actually into the pot! ie this big pile of goods appearing would be hilarious. 'I bet my old black boots' Don't think it's going to happen due to dev laziness - but it would be good, maybe one for the 'future ideas'?

DeletedUser2708

I guess you could always 'sell your shirt' in the shop. So maybe we don't need more than that. Are we all agreeing then?

Yes, but the problem with that is, if you sell your shirt, and then win, it will cost you at least twice as much to buy it back, so it wouldn't really be worth it. But if you put your shirt into the pot, and you win, then at least you get your shirt back, so the risk still carries a possible reward.

DeletedUser

Well I'm happy with it either way, whichever is easier for the devs.....and i presume that would be just selling your shirt.

DeletedUser2708

Well, for that matter, doing nothing at all would be even easier for the devs.... ;)

DeletedUser

I know what you mean but if we do things scrupulously then our wrath shall be indeed righteous if we don't get some proper feedback.
As for the selling the shirt, well it's entirely realistic that you have to buy a shirt back for more than you sold it for.
I have to say that I'm not sure about someone who has 'run out of money' being able to go 'all in'. I mean what governs when they can come back in? i reckon it is open to abuse. Also it's a 'texas holdem' thing and not a 'draw' thing. As we are saying that players can sell their inventories then i don't think we should have it.

DeletedUser2708

I have to say that I'm not sure about someone who has 'run out of money' being able to go 'all in'. I mean what governs when they can come back in? i reckon it is open to abuse. Also it's a 'texas holdem' thing and not a 'draw' thing. As we are saying that players can sell their inventories then i don't think we should have it.

If that's the logic, I certainly cannot fault you for it.

DeletedUser

Best idea

Oh my god, that is the best idea i ever heard here. Poker House is bigest thing what this game needs. It gives more fun for all players. If players can play even when they are sleeping that can be amazing update. More players will be online for longer time becouse of this. Great idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1105

Fair points Ulthor. I very much fail to see how going all in is open to abuse though, but for simplicity's sake, if the stakes are raised so much that you cannot play, then you must fold.

I must agree that actually putting your items in would be fun, but it would not be possible with the $10 raise limit, as most items sell for more than that.

If you don't want to have to pay more to buy your shirt, don't sell it for gambling money! It'll teach you won't it, when you can't do that job anymore.

DeletedUser

The poker room should be in the hotel! the hotel should just get the full room fee if they have a poker room. think about it.....it works on a lot of levels. it's something to do while you regain energy, you are protected while you are playing, town's finally get benefit from hotel....it's just the final upgrade to a hotel. But it has to be very expensive!

DeletedUser1105

Yes that makes sense, but I think they already have plans for the hotel money (or some of it) to go to the town treasury, so it would clash with that one I think.

DeletedUser

I like the idea allso I think it would be great for the game I vote to add it.

DeletedUser

Doesn't making someone fold if they cannot match the bet mean whoever has the largest bankroll can just keep raising until the rest of the table is forced to fold?

DeletedUser1105

Doesn't making someone fold if they cannot match the bet mean whoever has the largest bankroll can just keep raising until the rest of the table is forced to fold?

Yeah I was actually thinking that. But my 'all in' idea was rejected, as was my '2 raises per player, per betting round' idea, so I'm all out of solutions to that.

DeletedUser

If you are to have poker, you need to follow standard rules.

Max chips per game, etc.

High stakes vs low stakes, and so on.