Rebalance jobs based on single skill vs dual skills

• Thread starter DeletedUser3741
  • Start date

DeletedUser

if i have time i will put some TENTATIVE ideas together for POSSIBLE skill reworks. NOTE: dont spam or flame the post or say its a bad idea alltogether just because you think a skill should be different in a particular job. comment on the idea as a whole and post your possible changes. remember we are going for skill and attribute balance, not everything will make perfect sense. telegraph poles has swimming in it for petes sake.

DeletedUser3741

Even if you were to suggest tho a amazingly perfect rebalance, it wouldnt make much difference if the higher mods ignore it

DeletedUser

I can see the need for swimming when setting up telegraph lines . Their bound to run across streams and such .

DeletedUser

^^^Funny you make that example !

One of the good new jobs is 4 reds at 152 difficulty and another new job at 220 difficulty is 3 reds - 2 of the reds are "construction" !

Where do you find a list of these "new" jobs???

DeletedUser

these are how the skills are spread now:

jobs requiring....

CONSTRUCTION - 11
VIGOR - 11
TOUGHNESS - 16
STAMINA - 25
HEALTH - 0

HORSEBACK RIDING - 16
REFLEX - 17
DODGING - 0
HIDING - 19
SWIMMING - 12

AIM - 0
SHOOTING - 17
SETTING TRAPS - 21
FINE MOTOR SKILLS - 18
REPAIRING - 14

LEADERSHIP - 18
TACTICS - 16
TRADING - 19
ANIMAL INSTINCT - 16
APPEARANCE - 16

SO, each attribute has a skill that is useless towards jobs except for charisma. that doesnt seem fair, for starters. each skill that does have jobs associated with it has an average of 16.5

i personally propose allowing those three jobless skills to get in on the action, and average it out to 15 jobs per skill. i dont see why we couldnt use aiming or health as a job skill. and dont say "well dueling is a job" because if that was the case then why does appearance have 16 jobs associated with it? or vigor? or shooting? or tactics?

all the skills should be used for work, and they should all be used evenly, so people have an equal chance to expand their characters horizons.

DeletedUser

oh i forgot. here is the list of how many double or triple skill jobs each skill has:

CONSTRUCTION - 3
VIGOR - 4
TOUGHNESS - 1
STAMINA - 1
HEALTH - 0

HORSEBACK RIDING - 5
REFLEX - 0
DODGING - 0
HIDING - 7
SWIMMING - 5

AIM - 0
SHOOTING - 0
SETTING TRAPS - 5
FINE MOTOR SKILLS - 4
REPAIRING - 4

LEADERSHIP - 2
TACTICS - 1
TRADING - 7
ANIMAL INSTINCT - 5
APPEARANCE - 5

DeletedUser

with this setup, to make the most out of my chracter all i have to do is divide my attribute evenly, and spend all my skill points on stamina, hiding, setting traps, and trading. if i did this i would have the best chance at doing the most jobs.

there are only 69 jobs (so far) in the game..... that means stamina is in 2/5 of the available jobs.

DeletedUser

im surprized aim isent involved in any of the jos. afterall shooting a gun ont make a lick of diffrence if ya cant hit anything

DeletedUser3741

aim, dodge and hp have the biggest impacts in dueling so they figured its more then enough

you think charisma is stronger because it doesnt have a 'jobless' skill, its weaker actually because then you cant use charisma attribute to get free bonuses, since its essentially wasted points for anyone that isnt a pure dueler, Also Charisma not having a jobless skill, its because charisma has the least impact on your dueling, so its meant to be more of a jobbers attribute

Things I noticed from that data you gathered
Hiding and Trading seem to be intended to be the best job skills
Swimming seems to be the most underpowered skill
Stamina and Traps seem to be the 2 to pick if you wanted most versatility in jobs but Stamina in its current format is easily one of the weakest job skills because of the lack of doubles

DeletedUser

tactics and appearance are both dueling skills, so i think charisma has plenty of impact on dueling. aim, dodge, and health have no jobs whatsoever, but vigor and shooting do. i fail to see how thats very balanced. i think that all skills should have secondary attributes, just like the dueling and town building skills do. i dont think any one skill should be less than another.

DeletedUser3741

Im not saying there arent any arent any benefits at all to charisma/tactics and appearance but their about as effective as shooting and vigor are, and only in certain situations
i just said they have the least impact

DeletedUser

im gonna make a character on world 6 and follow this formula. i will be king of the gypsies in no time.

DeletedUser

The thing is.. Most good leveling jobs are shocking for duelers. But ide still like to see dual skill jobs debuffed alittle