Soldier or adventurer?

DeletedUser

I'm getting to level 10 now and have narrowed my likely choice of character class down to soldier or adventurer.

Part of me wants to be an 'all rounder' adventurer whilst building up some dueling ability whereas the other part of me just fancies the idea of being a soldier.

Is there anyone that's played both of these character classes on different worlds? If so which do you prefer?

I guess as a soldier I'm more likely to encourage people to duel me compared to an adventurer or maybe this isn't necessarily the case?

DeletedUser

what are your skills right now?

Mmm I've pretty much put my attribute points into dexterity & charisma with extra skill points into things like appearance, shooting, aim etc for dueling.

I haven't really bothered all that much with strength or mobility so far.

DeletedUser

i would say go with solider if your going to be a dueler. theres no point in putting attributes into strength by the way. Because if your going to be a shooter then keep it in dex and put some in charisma once and a while. also put some in dodging and toughness it will really help in your dueling.

DeletedUser

i would say go with solider if your going to be a dueler. theres no point in putting attributes into strength by the way. Because if your going to be a shooter then keep it in dex and put some in charisma once and a while. also put some in dodging and toughness it will really help in your dueling.

Thanks Sk8erMan!

I'm not sure I want to be a pure dueler which is why I'm thinking of being a soldier.

I prefer the idea of ranged weapons rather than melee - no real good reason why...

What about a dueling adventurer? I like the advantages that an adventurer gets like staying in the hotels for free and increased chance of finding items or products during jobs - maybe this isn't so important as you reach higher level jobs?

DeletedUser

Thanks Sk8erMan!
No problem.

What about a dueling adventurer? I like the advantages that an adventurer gets like staying in the hotels for free and increased chance of finding items or products during jobs - maybe this isn't so important as you reach higher level jobs?

Dueling adventurers are like Pure trappers and after they get hunting grizzlys they switch leadership until they get constructing a manor house then they transfer all there points to shooting and then pretty much become a dueler. Theres rellly no advantage of staying in a level 2 hotel when your level 20+ because your going to want to use all your energy for jobs etc..And remember you can always play in another world so you can try different things.

DeletedUser

Dueling adventurers are like Pure trappers and after they get hunting grizzlys they switch leadership until they get constructing a manor house then they transfer all there points to shooting and then pretty much become a dueler. Theres rellly no advantage of staying in a level 2 hotel when your level 20+ because your going to want to use all your energy for jobs etc..And remember you can always play in another world so you can try different things.

I'm playing with a premium account so does this alter things? I realise it doubles the advantage of your chosen character class.

DeletedUser

I'm playing with a premium account so does this alter things? I realise it doubles the advantage of your chosen character class.
It depends if your going to stay premium until you quit...
And are you playing with all premiums? Like automation and all that stuff

DeletedUser

It depends if your going to stay premium until you quit...
And are you playing with all premiums? Like automation and all that stuff

Yep doing the lot - a bad idea? I don't mind paying for nuggets as it's not all that often...

DeletedUser

Nah It's not a bad idea if you can pay for them. I dont play with premium on any of my 4 accounts and it's been going good so far.
I have a worker 2 adventurers and a solider. The highest level one is the worker level 27 ive been playing for about 3-4 weeks now. The game is really fun and yea. So my suggestion is go with solider just make your current account a dueler and just make another account and be a pure trapper/shooter.

DeletedUser

The game is really fun and yea. So my suggestion is go with solider just make your current account a dueler and just make another account and be a pure trapper/shooter.

Do you mean put all my skill points into setting traps & shooting?

DeletedUser11353

Do you mean put all my skill points into setting traps & shooting?

Setting traps until hunting grizlies, leadership until constructing manor house and after that go shooting and re-spec all your points to shooting once you have money for that

DeletedUser

Setting traps until hunting grizlies, leadership until constructing manor house and after that go shooting and re-spec all your points to shooting once you have money for that

Does that result in what's called a 'pure trapper'?

Why is it recommended to do things that way?

Sorry if I'm being thick?!

DeletedUser

No its called a Pure because you go pure trapping until level 32(hunting grizzlys) then switch to leadership till you get constructing a manor house and then Respec all your points to shooting and you end up a crazy awesome dueler.

DeletedUser

No its called a Pure because you go pure trapping until level 32(hunting grizzlys) then switch to leadership till you get constructing a manor house and then Respec all your points to shooting and you end up a crazy awesome dueler.

So you mean - put all my attribute points initially into dexterity, then charisma?

Sorry - I don't understand - can you be a bit more precise? :unsure:

DeletedUser

Start from level one- All SP into trapping and all AP into Dexterity
Level 32(hunting Grizzlys)- After you get this job Put all AP into Dex and SP into leadership
(constructing a manor house) once you get this job Re-spec all the points from trapping and leadership to shooting. So youll end up in a pure dueler

DeletedUser

Start from level one- All SP into trapping and all AP into Dexterity
Level 32(hunting Grizzlys)- After you get this job Put all AP into Dex and SP into leadership
(constructing a manor house) once you get this job Re-spec all the points from trapping and leadership to shooting. So youll end up in a pure dueler

And this is as an adventurer class? Or doesn't matter?

At the moment I'm sharing my AP between dexterity & charisma

DeletedUser11353

Sk8erMan~you`re wrong in both ways, he`ll hunt them much earlier and he wont be pure dueler
You`ll get hunting grizzlies by lvl 24-25 with cheap gear that boost your trapping, after that, continue with dexterity and leadership till you get construct manor house and after that shooting all the way
Character class doesn`t matter

DeletedUser

Oh sorry i forgot that deniseros guide was with no clothing sorry cro

DeletedUser

Sk8erMan~you`re wrong in both ways, he`ll hunt them much earlier and he wont be pure dueler
You`ll get hunting grizzlies by lvl 24-25 with cheap gear that boost your trapping, after that, continue with dexterity and leadership till you get construct manor house and after that shooting all the way
Character class doesn`t matter

I'm being really thick here - I'm level 7 at the moment.

So far I've divided my AP more or less equally between dexterity & charisma and my SP I've put into various dueling skills like aim, shooting, appearance etc.

So what do I do from here to be a half decent dueler?