Some sigs I made

DeletedUser13020

Thanks guys.

and another...

ghostp.png

don't be afraid to critique the stuff i do, I love to hear suggestions and such.

DeletedUser

I really like your color combinations. They seem to offer contrast without clashing. That's not always an easy thing to accomplish. Only problem I saw with this last one (and more because of my eyesight than your work) was that at first glance, I thought it said icky ghost. :blink: Nice work, as usual.

DeletedUser13020

It actually just says [CK] which are clan tags. But I understand how those not familiar with it would have a harder time seeing what it says since its kinda thin and faint.

DeletedUser

I figured out what it said right away, but I have some double vision and that ICKY was just what jumped out at me when I first looked. Like I said, the problem was my eyesight, not your picture. :nowink:

DeletedUser

TP, I love your work. That's all I would like to add to this thread :)

I think you're easily the best on this forum.

I'd critique a bit more but I've just got back from hols. Wanting to get myself a laptop so I can get my graphics program myself back :)

DeletedUser13020

Thanks Gem :). I like the cat pics that you take. And that's good because I kinda don't even like cats lol.

Here is another i just finished. f-22 raptor ftw!

f22.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13020

Think you can make me one?

I was going to start my own little sig shop deal, but then I didnt want to risk not being able to handle requests if a lot came through. But I can do a sig or two here and there. all I need to know is the height that you want your sig to be, theme of the sig and text that you would like on it. If you have any pics or renders that you would like me to use it would be great to have em. just keep in mind I tend to work at my own pace.

Not liking the effects on the shark, apart from that nice sig :)

Im sorry, shark? There is no shark in that sig, its a jet (i thought it still looked enough like a jet). Or is shark some kind of term im not familiar with lol?

I got it from this pic
[pic removed for size and for outside link]

now im breakin my head trying to shape out a shark figure from that :D.

DeletedUser

Ok, I know this will probably seem mean, but I'm trying not to be =\

Ok, so there are basically 2 types of sigs, there are many way to categorize it, this is one way... I'll show you the type of sigs I make and compare it to yours...

Mine:
wu03tx.jpg

In this type of sig, you focus on artisitc elements, such as depth, flow, focals, lighting, many things such as those. If you look at my sig, where do your eyes lock onto? House, right? Since thats my focal, thats what I want, for the eyes to go to him. I created a light source... the "sun" on the top right of his face, see how the other side of his face lays in the shadow? I have depth, it looks like things are farther away or closer. Many elements come togehter in one.

Yours:
shucklecopy.png

Color flows nicely, really nice design, you know what you are doing, nice effects BUT, you are missing elements such ad depth or basically, the sense of realism, although not everything needs to be real, such as an abstract sig, yet real properties apply. talking about ur other sigs, dont let text be the main part unless the text is special, you usually have many focals, your eyes don't know where to look at.

Not saying ones better than the other, U kno alot more about how to create things in photoshop than I do, but I just wanted to show you the other type, open up your eyes a little, just to show you whats out there ;)

Keep on siggin'

DeletedUser13020

Finally some real criticism here. Yes you are right, I am satisfied with the color flow on most. Still I am stuck in a rut that I cant seem to get myself out of. I just started making sigs and stuff not too long ago and I am starting to feel tired of them.

The first sigs, as you can tell, are just some renders I made from pics, or picked up from some where on top of a background that I made, slap some text somewhere and done. The second batch, is the kinda the same. An extra render, because idk it just seemed so empty with one. So I tried with 2. Also a little better color flow compared to the first couple if you ask me. The background had some effects that kinda mixed with the render to try and keep if from just being a render thrown on top of a background.

The routine has become the same and kinda dull...grab render, add affects, brushes, background, throw text and attatch border. Now I know I gotta try some different things, I just didnt know what. Single focal point, I like that idea and I will keep that in mind. I'll continue making sigs, maybe I'll get better, idk we will see how I do when I do em.

Thank you very much for your input BlueSoldierSky. I think that is by far the best advice I have gotten on graphics...I have never read any tutorials or stuff like that lol, I hate em because I get bored of them easily :).

DeletedUser

Hey I would of told you that a long time ago but I give up CnC here, every time I dish it out people go to my thread and flame me :\

-TP- a few tutorials can help, like the basics about getting depth, lighting and flow correct. Thats basically what I did a few tutorials then do my own thing experimenting etc.

DeletedUser

Very true! Btw, if you do want a tut with many Sig elements, thats not too long and has many examples for everything, PM me, I can give you one, it was made by a fried of mine ;D

yea, i kno i hate when ppl flame.. lol, i actually posted something like that except earlier so with a diffeent sig of mine in this thread but I deleted it b/c I was afraid you might get angry, but you didn't :D

DeletedUser13020

Ok so I checked out one of them of tutorials. Simple yet thorough I believe. Here is my attempt at making a sig as instructed by the tutorial. Light source comes from the bottom right. The flow if the sig is slightly diagonal, bottom left to top right. I tried blurring outter parts to add some kind of depth and also the to tail of this creature. Attemting to make the face the focal point, but the spikes on its back kinda stand out to me. Gotta keep working this but I do like this approach very much.

tyran.png

Rendered from this image

16tyranitar.png

DeletedUser

yea, the left side constrasts too much from the rest of the sig making your eyes go to that, even if I try to look at the focal, I still go to that dark corner... but looks good ^^

DeletedUser13020

Yea, I do kinda notice that corner a bit more now that you mention it. I still like the look of it though lol. Here is another shot.

disturbed1.png

DeletedUser13020

Thanks angelaiah. I think i got a little bit of the technical stuff down, just gotta keep working on the "artistic" part of this lol.

DeletedUser

Looks nice! I would say the lighting could have been alittle higher b/c if u look at the render/stock, u can see where the lighting should be... I would try to work on depth just alittle bit more, the left has this really grainy feel to it, i would either try to get rid of it or work the grainy feel into the right alittle bit. lol there isnt really much to say.